Star Wars Land Droid and Lightsaber Cost?

truecoat

I have read a lot of interesting articles about building custom droids and lightsabers for Star Wars Land. However, I can't seem to find what the cost is. Does anyone know what these items will cost? Is it expected to not have an AP discount (similar to popular items in Pandora)?

Whatever the cost, they don't take Republic Credits.

righttrack

I heard somewhere the custom interactive lightsabers will be around $130.

That sounds like the price of the more deluxe interactive ones when they first came out. They have since made much lower cost versions of those that are functionally equivalent. The price is within expectations although quite high.

SSG

I have read a lot of interesting articles about building custom droids and lightsabers for Star Wars Land. However, I can't seem to find what the cost is. Does anyone know what these items will cost? Is it expected to not have an AP discount (similar to popular items in Pandora)?

The Disneyland webpage says No Annual Passholder Discounts at Savi's, but the discount applies at Droid Depot.

I don't know about the lightsaber prices, but speculation coming out of Celebration was $109 for the hilt and $49 for the blade. That strikes me as in the ballpark.

Jenny English

SSG

More than I thought:

Pricing
  • $199.99 per lightsaber, plus tax
  • Carry case included
  • Additional customization items can be purchased at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
  • Age Recommendation: 5+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom lightsabers are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required
  • If reservations are required, late arrivals may not be accommodated

Surferboy567

More than I thought:

Pricing
  • $199.99 per lightsaber, plus tax
  • Carry case included
  • Additional customization items can be purchased at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
  • Age Recommendation: 5+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom lightsabers are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required
  • If reservations are required, late arrivals may not be accommodated

I don’t really think that’s too bad...need more details on the actual experience excited to build one!

Phroobar

That has been the question around my family. Are they actual diecast metal like UltraSabers or are they just a higher quality hard plastic version of what you can get in the Star Traders?
My guess is they are theme park expensive but slightly higher quality than the Star Traders.

Phroobar

I’ve even heard they are the real deal, on the higher end nothing compared to Star Traders. People have said they are heavy, and die cast medal.
Someone will eventually do a comparison between these. I think they are still made by Hasbro/Disney under the covers.

Surferboy567

Someone will eventually do a comparison between these. I think they are still made by Hasbro/Disney under the covers.

Definitely the saber community will tear these apart but I think Disney knows this and built a higher quality blade then you are expecting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom