Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Animaniac93-98

According to the Cantina's page on the official site, it looks like it's open up to an hour after park close.

But the reservation I saw was 10 minutes before Oga's closing time. So I guess 10:00pm is last call and everyone has to be out by 10:30pm? The page says 45 min max per party.

I found the answer in a reddit thread where someone else asked the same question.

reddit.PNG

Chet Dakota

I haven't been in Oga's at DHS since before the Pandemic. We did get into Oga's at DLR this past week though and the "atmosphere" has changed significantly. At DLR, they turned down the volume of REX and the music where you can hardly hear it, they are using generic glasses for all drinks instead of drink-specific glasses, and they no longer serve the Bespin Fizz. Before March 2020, I could have stayed all day in Oga's. It was fun and interactive. This past week, I powered my drinks down and couldn't wait to get out of there.

So, what is Oga's like at DHS these days? Have they incorporated these same changes in Florida?

Haymarket2008

I haven't been in Oga's at DHS since before the Pandemic. We did get into Oga's at DLR this past week though and the "atmosphere" has changed significantly. At DLR, they turned down the volume of REX and the music where you can hardly hear it, they are using generic glasses for all drinks instead of drink-specific glasses, and they no longer serve the Bespin Fizz. Before March 2020, I could have stayed all day in Oga's. It was fun and interactive. This past week, I powered my drinks down and couldn't wait to get out of there.

So, what is Oga's like at DHS these days? Have they incorporated these same changes in Florida?

Not much has changed, as far as I can tell. Drinks were being served in their appropriate glassware and guests were smiling at the Rex and the overall vibe. It actually felt like a far more settled experience, in a good way, since last time I went. Hosts/bartenders weren't rushing people out like before.

doctornick

Not much has changed, as far as I can tell. Drinks were being served in their appropriate glassware and guests were smiling at the Rex and the overall vibe. It actually felt like a far more settled experience, in a good way, since last time I went. Hosts/bartenders weren't rushing people out like before.
We went last week at DHS and Bespin Fizz was on the menu and all the drinks were in different glasses (I assume appropriate ones for each). The Fizz was smoking when it came out.

there was no rushing us out. We were able to stay as long as we wanted. The music wasn’t loud but it was certainly audible. Tough to hear too clearly due to the number of people but about what you’d expect for any crowded place

doctornick

Yes but considering they created a fake place and built a fakd place around it and clearly marketed it as occuring in sequel era i guess they failed? When we think its that generic?

I know its a dead horse but put SW music in the transition tunnel already....the whoke realistic thing isnt there....we want to see and hear and feel things we know are star wars. Its not meant to be real its a theme park its entire existence is to create fairytail rose colored versions of things.
I like that the land itself doesn’t have SW music blasting all over and instead has ambiance sounds… but I’d agree with having SW music at the entrance points to set the mood

matt9112

I like that the land itself doesn’t have SW music blasting all over and instead has ambiance sounds… but I’d agree with having SW music at the entrance points to set the mood

Lol i was there opening weekend (before ROTR was open) i remember the forest area just having all of those industrial fans in the shrubbery....i have never seen something make less sense in a theme park so the only sounds were a constant brrrrrrr of fans. To each there own but the music around TWWOHP never came across as too overwhelming. Its the perfect volume.

doctornick

I still find the use of generic “Disney Parks” bags the most ridiculous considering the lengths and expense they went to remove credit card and Coca Cola product names, etc from these lands. In addition to no BGM as it was deemed not thematically appropriate.
Absolutely. It’s quite baffling to me they don’t have custom bags for the land (could also use them in the SW shops in Disney Springs). I mean they have like a dozen shops in GE.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Absolutely. It’s quite baffling to me they don’t have custom bags for the land (could also use them in the SW shops in Disney Springs). I mean they have like a dozen shops in GE.
Did they get rid of the themed bags? I have two different versions - the regular plasticy ones that are (unfortunately) Dallas Cowboy colored and a more canvassy one that is burgundy and has Black Spire Outpost on it. They were available as of Thanksgiving week 2020.

Animaniac93-98

Finally had the chance to ride RotR at DLR. Best Disney ride built in the USA since RSR in Cars Land. Got to see both routes the cars take you, and it was A-mode for Kylo Ren both times.

As far as Disney trackless dark rides, I think I still like Mystic Manor better, though. I prefer the theme and there's more to look at.

doctornick

Did they get rid of the themed bags? I have two different versions - the regular plasticy ones that are (unfortunately) Dallas Cowboy colored and a more canvassy one that is burgundy and has Black Spire Outpost on it. They were available as of Thanksgiving week 2020.

They were using generic (plastic) Disney Parks bags for the shops in GE when I was there over the summer. I was surprised they didn't have land specific bags, especially given how heavy they were on stores in the land (not to mention also having Star Wars stores in Disney Springs).

Dan Deesnee

After reading some reviews on the rat ride I finally figured out what it is that bothers me so much about rise of the resistance.

Outside of visuals, it has no immersion whatsoever. No heat effects, no smells, they don't even use smoker or anything like that as far as I remember. The whole thing just comes off as plastic and sterile. Technically it's a very impressive ride. I love the transitions to the different ride elements. But I never really buy into the whole experience like I do with some other Disney experiences.

Anyone think Disney might add smells or heat effects eventually?

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
After reading some reviews on the rat ride I finally figured out what it is that bothers me so much about rise of the resistance.

Outside of visuals, it has no immersion whatsoever. No heat effects, no smells, they don't even use smoker or anything like that as far as I remember. The whole thing just comes off as plastic and sterile. Technically it's a very impressive ride. I love the transitions to the different ride elements. But I never really buy into the whole experience like I do with some other Disney experiences.

This. This has been my one true complaint with ROTR.

For example, when the AT-AT fires upon you as you escape by the elevator, actual fire should’ve been used.

When you pass by the destroyed walls after cannon room, actual mist/smoke could’ve been used instead of projected smoke.

Inside the escape pod, they should blast hot air as you free fall and your velocity increases.

The only “real” element in the whole rise is the blasted air after escaping Kylo Ren’s grasp. Someone always reacts to it surprised since it’s unexpecting. Needs more of that.

If a ride like Gringotts and Spider-Man in UF/IOA is able to use fire and smoke elements, Disney could’ve done the same if they truly wanted to.

Movielover

My one complaint of the ride is the final Kylo encounter just needs added smoke to help enhance the effect of the ceiling collapsing, But I do agree that heat/smell of the explosions would add to the ride as well.

UNCgolf

Was just looking at google maps and it appears to me that it would have been fairly easy to have kept the tram tour and catastrophe canyon space wise.

Just an observation - would have been nice in my opinion.

I'm not sure the tram tour still had a place in the park; the theme of going through a working studio doesn't really fit what exists today.

They could have done something to keep Catastrophe Canyon operating though, even if it involved incorporating it into a rethemed ride.

Galaxy's Edge does have a lot of sprawl, but it's nowhere near as offensive as Toy Story Land, which is almost as large despite having very little in it.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm not sure the tram tour still had a place in the park; the theme of going through a working studio doesn't really fit what exists today.

They could have done something to keep Catastrophe Canyon operating though, even if it involved incorporating it into a rethemed ride.

Galaxy's Edge does have a lot of sprawl, but it's nowhere near as offensive as Toy Story Land, which is almost as large despite having very little in it.
I don’t think anyone knows what DHS is supposed to be anymore. I could see a backstage tour still existing but I could also see them retheming it for Cars like in Paris.

Yeah..... both lands are pretty sad in how much open space exists. For such a small park lacking in attractions already it’s a shame to use the space that way. That’s what prompted my look at the map in the first place. It almost looks like the tram tour and canyon was intentionally designed to stay? Maybe?

Cmdr_Crimson

Was just looking at google maps and it appears to me that it would have been fairly easy to have kept the tram tour and catastrophe canyon space wise.

Just an observation - would have been nice in my opinion.
Anytime I saw how busy Batuu East got I then go back to the days The Osborne lights Bottlenecked that area..

And just for reference The Golden Girls house stood where The Blue Milk stand is now..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom