Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

Honestly I would really like if the area around Star Tours and Indiana Jones would be minorly rethemed to become something like a Lucasfilm Studios section, where they could pretty much do anything they would want with the Star Wars characters without having to follow a timeline. Keep ST and the Star Wars Weekend style shows and meet and greets there, and all the totally immersive more serious Star Wars stuff inside GE.
Yeah that’s what I wanted. Hollywood Studios could have been anchored by old Hollywood and then you have Lucas, Muppet, Pixar, and Disney Animation Studios.

doctornick

OK I say this as a fan of GE, but yeah this aspect did not work at all. Universal pulled this off because in the Wizarding World a bathroom is still called a bathroom, money is still called money, etc.

The bathrooms in WWOHP are generally called "Public Conveniences" which is similar to how they call them "Refreshers" in SW:GE. Also, stroller parking in WWOHP say "Pram Parking".

Certainly, CMs (or TMs) shouldn't stay in character so much as to confuse and confound guests, but I don't think it is wrong to respond to "Where are the bathrooms" with a response of "The Refreshers are over there to the right" or such.

Luigi

I think these are two separate issues, the MCU has a large amount of “main” characters. Star Wars doesn’t necessarily, kind of like the comment above, it would be hard to find a time where Kylo Ren & Darth Vader are in the same place. I’ve gone into it before but, Disney wasn’t going to choose another era of the Star Wars timeline to display in their parks aside from the one they created. We could go on for days, but I think the main reason the marvel park additions are not in universe because it’s not that simple. There are currently 25 and counting entries to the MCU. Star Wars has the 9 movies, the clone wars, the mandalorian and now Bad Batch. Also this was probably the easiest way to make up different stories for different coasts without affecting the MCU timeline, unlike Star Wars, where they just duplicated galaxy’s edge on both coasts. I would also assume they won’t add any Star Wars anywhere else without it just being a carbon copy of Galaxy’s Edge.
Star Wars has countless books, games, and comics to draw from too.

I can't find a movie where Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear appear together, but there they are in the same parade.

Disney "overstoried" themselves into a corner and should just get out of it.

Luigi

They would have a hard time finding any timeline where Darth Vader and Kylo Ren are in full gear at the same time. And they chose.... poorly?
Why do you need to "find a timeline"?? Create one.

Show me the timeline where Kermit and our US Presidents co-exist...and yet...

AEfx

Alternatively, if they feel that Batuu is now just a place where all members of the Star Wars universe have passed through at one point or another, you can really play that up with simple scheduling of character appearances. Kylo shouldn't be out at the same time as Vader, but someone like Chewey can be out with less regulations.

That was my understanding from the very beginning. That Batuu was created specifically for that reason - that anyone in the Star Wars universe could have passed through there at some point, and it wasn't tied to any timeline in particular purposefully. Then...that didn't happen.

pdude81

Why do you need to "find a timeline"?? Create one.

Show me the timeline where Kermit and our US Presidents co-exist...and yet...
I'm all for Bill and Ted's Excellent Land, but not sure that would be a huge moneymaker.
pay.jpg

RSoxNo1

People on vacation are literally the dumbest people in existence. We were told at Kings Island that the second people walk through the gates their IQ drops at least 50%. Never underestimate how stupid people are.
The IQs were probably already low. You can be dumb and still be a functioning member of society.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
OK I say this as a fan of GE, but yeah this aspect did not work at all. Universal pulled this off because in the Wizarding World a bathroom is still called a bathroom, money is still called money, etc. There the Team Members are the ones that don't understand what something is, a cell phone or other non magic technology, allowing for fun interactions with guests. Here they put too much faith in people to grasp these entirely different descriptive words for places and objects. While I understand what these things are I'm also a massive fan of the franchise and not a representative of the general public, especially since a portion of their visitors speak English only as a second language. I will say thought I think they did manage to work in the signs in the land well with the Aurebesh looking English letters.
The cast bible for GE is so so deep in detail. Even I found it.... perhaps a little too much.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Is Oga's open after park close? I saw reservations available after the official closing time.

Could be that they plan to extend hours though.

According to the Cantina's page on the official site, it looks like it's open up to an hour after park close.

But the reservation I saw was 10 minutes before Oga's closing time. So I guess 10:00pm is last call and everyone has to be out by 10:30pm? The page says 45 min max per party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom