Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

They said all the separate Filoni series are going to come together eventually in a big event. Obviously that means Thrawn.

All true, but neither Thrawn nor Moff Gideon would be as cool as Kylo or Vader hunting you down with their red lightsabers.

Rise isn’t hurting for popularity. If the issue is Rey merch isn’t selling as much as Luke merch, I don’t think changing Rise to the Mandalorian timeline is going change that.

I know it would probably drive the OCD artists inside WDI nuts, but they should just loosen up and make Galaxy’s Edge timeless. Like all the other lands at DL. Keep Rise in sequel trilogy (unless they can piggyback their budget off of a Vader version I’m hoping goes to Paris). Add new adventures to MF with Hondo which doesn’t really depend on any timeline event as long as the Falcon is on loan from Chewie. Let ANY and ALL characters wander through the land.

And when/if that 3rd attraction comes, replace the First Order shuttle with Boba Fett’s Slave One, and it can be at the entrance to a Mando jet pack coaster.

Disney Maddux

This is probably as good a place as any to post that our friend @WDW Pro at his piratey and princessy column is saying that assessing what it would take to put Galaxy’s Edge into the Mandalorian timeline has begun.

I don’t care for the “true fan” wars. I love The Last Jedi AND Mandalorian. But it would be great to have a place to meet Boba Fett, Ashoka, and Baby Yoda.

IF such a thing would happen (rather than creating “timeless SWL” where Vader and Rey could walk the streets simultaneously) how do you think they’d do it?

MF:SR probably doesn’t need to change at all - though it’s the one attraction that could benefit from an update.

I’ve dreamt of a Vader version of rise of the resistance, but that wouldn’t be in the cards if this were true. And I think being chased by Kylo Ren is still more effective than being chased by… I don’t know… Moff Gideon with the darksaber?

Thoughts?
While Gideon isn't as threatening as Vader or Kylo, being chased by someone with the Darksaber would be absolutely terrifying.

And speaking of which, that one article about Galaxy's Edge being rethemed to be during the Mandalorian is what brought me here. Any truth to that?

Mike S

All true, but neither Thrawn nor Moff Gideon would be as cool as Kylo or Vader hunting you down with their red lightsabers.

Rise isn’t hurting for popularity. If the issue is Rey merch isn’t selling as much as Luke merch, I don’t think changing Rise to the Mandalorian timeline is going change that.

I know it would probably drive the OCD artists inside WDI nuts, but they should just loosen up and make Galaxy’s Edge timeless. Like all the other lands at DL. Keep Rise in sequel trilogy (unless they can piggyback their budget off of a Vader version I’m hoping goes to Paris). Add new adventures to MF with Hondo which doesn’t really depend on any timeline event as long as the Falcon is on loan from Chewie. Let ANY and ALL characters wander through the land.

And when/if that 3rd attraction comes, replace the First Order shuttle with Boba Fett’s Slave One, and it can be at the entrance to a Mando jet pack coaster.
I was only talking about the shows saying that there is a big bad. If the ride changed I’d say Vader all the way.

EPCOTCenterLover

This is probably as good a place as any to post that our friend @WDW Pro at his piratey and princessy column is saying that assessing what it would take to put Galaxy’s Edge into the Mandalorian timeline has begun.

I don’t care for the “true fan” wars. I love The Last Jedi AND Mandalorian. But it would be great to have a place to meet Boba Fett, Ashoka, and Baby Yoda.

IF such a thing would happen (rather than creating “timeless SWL” where Vader and Rey could walk the streets simultaneously) how do you think they’d do it?

MF:SR probably doesn’t need to change at all - though it’s the one attraction that could benefit from an update.

I’ve dreamt of a Vader version of rise of the resistance, but that wouldn’t be in the cards if this were true. And I think being chased by Kylo Ren is still more effective than being chased by… I don’t know… Moff Gideon with the darksaber?

Thoughts?
What site are you referring to? Pirates and Princesses I mean.

Movielover

I mean Mando hasn’t been to Batuu either. :p Yet.... I totally expect someone to go to Batuu at some point in one of these shows.
I was honestly surprised they did not go to Batuu in Rise of Skywalker considering it has a location for all 3 quests needed in that film.

1. Fix the broken Anakin's saber at Savi's
2. Find the ancient Sith Wayfinder at Dok Ondar's
3. Reprogram C-3PO to get the Sith language at The Droid Workshop.

They could have solve the film's mystery in half an hour then gone to Oga's. Have a nice cold pint. Then wait for all of this to just blow over.
27986_101447973236042_101447903236049_9606_4664831_n.jpg

doctornick

I’m surprised they haven’t added Mando elements to Star Tours. It seems like a much easier undertaking.
Yeah, I’ve thought this as well. It would even be in the correct time frame for the ride unless the scenes added from the sequels.

the biggest problem is that most of the locations in Mando aren’t that distinct or easy to identify- they could go to Navarro but then what? The lava flats maybe? That said, the big method for using Mando IMHO would be bringing in the Razor Crest to a new scene.

they also could use Cara Dune as a person for the communication given that she worked with the Rebellion

DocHoliday

Yeah, I’ve thought this as well. It would even be in the correct time frame for the ride unless the scenes added from the sequels.

the biggest problem is that most of the locations in Mando aren’t that distinct or easy to identify- they could go to Navarro but then what? The lava flats maybe? That said, the big method for using Mando IMHO would be bringing in the Razor Crest to a new scene.

they also could use Cara Dune as a person for the communication given that she worked with the Rebellion

That’s true. The video message. Maybe a scene with the ice spiders. That could be creepy.

doctornick

That’s true. The video message. Maybe a scene with the ice spiders. That could be creepy.
The spiders would be a very good one. And they’d be a generic enough threat that one would not have had to have seen that episode to appreciate them.

personally, I’d like to see Star Tours return all its scenes to the proper OT timeframe and removing the sequel scenes (not because I don’t like the sequels but I prefer the rude to be thematically consistent). Maybe those renderings could be used as a basis for additional missions on MF:SR

DocHoliday

The spiders would be a very good one. And they’d be a generic enough threat that one would not have had to have seen that episode to appreciate them.

personally, I’d like to see Star Tours return all its scenes to the proper OT timeframe and removing the sequel scenes (not because I don’t like the sequels but I prefer the rude to be thematically consistent). Maybe those renderings could be used as a basis for additional missions on MF:SR
I like the prequel and original trilogy scenes. I also don’t dislike the sequels but they have an entire section.

britain

@WDW Pro - I’ve seen your follow up essentially confirming our suspicions. However, I’ve got two big words to throw cold water on the idea of putting Han Solo in the MF ride: Harrison. Ford.

It’s like pulling teeth to get him to do anything SW related. I doubt he’ll grant WDI the rights to his likeness (unlike jolly fanboy Mark Hamill). They could go with Alden... but that’s not gonna happen.

There’s nothing wrong with the Chewie and Hondo show as is. Hondo is popular with the Clone Wars generation and I’ll put money down that he shows up in live action in the Filonivers at some time. The ride just needs some new missions.

999th Happy Haunt

@WDW Pro - I’ve seen your follow up essentially confirming our suspicions. However, I’ve got two big words to throw cold water on the idea of putting Han Solo in the MF ride: Harrison. Ford.

It’s like pulling teeth to get him to do anything SW related. I doubt he’ll grant WDI the rights to his likeness (unlike jolly fanboy Mark Hamill). They could go with Alden... but that’s not gonna happen.

There’s nothing wrong with the Chewie and Hondo show as is. Hondo is popular with the Clone Wars generation and I’ll put money down that he shows up in live action in the Filonivers at some time. The ride just needs some new missions.
Did they have to get Ford’s permission for Indiana Jones at Disneyland? That’s definitely not his voice in the attraction.

britain

Did they have to get Ford’s permission for Indiana Jones at Disneyland? That’s definitely not his voice in the attraction.
There’s kind of a wacky story behind that. He gave permission for his Indy likeness, and was going to do the voiceover for the attraction too, on the condition that he would not have to do any commercials.

Well someone at Imagineering didn’t know that detail. Right before they were going to start the attraction audio recording session, they handed Ford the script for the Super Bowl halftime show which promoted the new ride. Ford said something along the lines of, “I said I wasn’t doing that stuff” and left.

Surferboy567

According to the latest episode of Disney Dish. Expect to see a lot of characters associated with the recently announced Star Wars Disney + shows in 2021 going into 2022. Incorporated as walk around characters for Galaxy’s Edge.

Also expect, a slight dialing back of the timeline. Specifically mentioned a Mando and Grogu meet and greet as well as Boba Fett and Ashoka Tano.

They also mentioned the rumors of the Falcon getting new missions. It was said to not expect them till 2024. They are apparently discussions being had, about Rogue Squadron.

Some kind of reset button on Galaxy’s Edge. Canon being thrown out.

This is a rumor, so please treat it as such grain of salt and all that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to the latest episode of Disney Dish. Expect to see a lot of characters associated with the recently announced Star Wars Disney + shows in 2021 going into 2022. Incorporated as walk around characters for Galaxy’s Edge.

Also expect, a slight dialing back of the timeline. Specifically mentioned a Mando and Grogu meet and greet as well as Boba Fett and Ashoka Tano.

They also mentioned the rumors of the Falcon getting new missions. It was said to not expect them till 2024. They are apparently discussions being had, about Rogue Squadron.

Some kind of reset button on Galaxy’s Edge. Canon being thrown out.

This is a rumor, so please treat it as such grain of salt and all that.
Jim's now getting his rumors from the online rumor mill.

_caleb

I wonder how much of this is Disney finally realizing that they need to add the promised streetmosphere characters to SW:GE and just saying, “why not synergize with the new IP?”

This, of course, would not be the same thing as “let’s make a conscious effort to refocus SW:GE around a different timeline.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom