Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
3 out of the 3 Star Wars themed attractions in that park. Rise is certainly not “just a simulator” - but the ending “thrill” part of the ride is.

OK, you're right that SW doesn't need another simulator.

I was thinking in terms of the endless chatter of "too many screenz!" for all of WDW when WDW only has 4 (and a half) simulators.

The Grand Inquisitor

I think there's a Pete Boba Fett buried somewhere in my basement
1587228861618.png

There's also a Pete Jango Fett one as well.

Rteetz

Excuse my ignorance but were they organized and planned by Disney or a third party company like Star Wars Celebration is?
I believe they were Disney but they were started back when Disney tried to do a lot of events. Originally they attempted a Sci-Fi special event for Tomorrowland that would've included some Star Wars but not the entire focus. Disney also did things like ESPN weekends, Soap Opera celebrity events, etc. Star Wars Weekends evolved into a major event that it became then.

drod1985

I miss the Star Wars Weekends

Me too. I'd love for them to bring back a version of Star Wars Weekends where there's a change to Batuu. Life Day weekends in November, or Original Trilogy weekends in May. Something fun like that.

Excuse my ignorance but were they organized and planned by Disney or a third party company like Star Wars Celebration is?

They were official park events, definitely organized by/with the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom