Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

rowrbazzle

Oh you mean like actual dead bodies in the snow? snow speeders being shot down at POINT BLANK RANGE, and seeing laser cannons and shield generators flat out obliterated. Wish a movie would show that....oh wait. They did.. EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. EVER HEAR OF IT BUCKO????? :rolleyes:

Sure. In Empire and countless other war movies. Show me something I haven't seen before.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Sure. In Empire and countless other war movies. Show me something I haven't seen before.
you saw Imperial Walkers shoot Snow Speeders and blow up Ion Cannons and a Jedi slice open the bottom of a walker with a lightsaber then throw a grenande in it blowing it up in a movie before EMPIRE STRIKES BACK??? Okkkkkkkkkkkk bucko :rolleyes: you Last Jedi defenders are soooo pathetic and desperate to make that film relevant.

rowrbazzle

you saw Imperial Walkers shoot Snow Speeders and blow up Ion Cannons and a Jedi slice open the bottom of a walker with a lightsaber then throw a grenande in it blowing it up in a movie before EMPIRE STRIKES BACK??? Okkkkkkkkkkkk bucko :rolleyes: you Last Jedi defenders are soooo pathetic and desperate to make that film relevant.

The discussion was about conveying the violence of battle. Walkers and lightsabers don't convey violence any more than tanks and guns. So, yes, I've seen it before.

As far as I'm concerned, they're all trying to measure up to Paths of Glory anyway. Ever hear of it? 😄

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The discussion was about conveying the violence of battle. Walkers and lightsabers don't convey violence any more than tanks and guns. So, yes, I've seen it before.

As far as I'm concerned, they're all trying to measure up to Paths of Glory anyway. Ever hear of it? 😄
So deadly lightsabers that cut off limbs don't convey violence but red salt does??? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D that is the dumbest thing I have read today. 😆😆😆😂😂

Movielover

that is the dumbest thing I have read today. 😆😆😆😂😂

Oh so you've been reading your own posts then?
;)

Fantastic movie, right up there with Bridge Over The River Kwai in terms of war movies. Did you see 1917?

rowrbazzle

Fantastic movie, right up there with Bridge Over The River Kwai in terms of war movies. Did you see 1917?

Not yet. I'm way behind on my movies.

Bridge is so good. It was a movie I'd heard about for so long before I finally watched it. It definitely lived up to its reputation. I also really like The Thin Red Line, though it's different than a lot of other war movies.

Movielover

Not yet. I'm way behind on my movies.

Bridge is so good. It was a movie I'd heard about for so long before I finally watched it. It definitely lived up to its reputation. I also really like The Thin Red Line, though it's different than a lot of other war movies.

1917 is so good!

One of my favorite moments in acting and film is Sir Alec's big moment in Bridge's climax. His "What have I done" gets me every time. Pure class film making! Thin Red Line I have not watched in a while, be fun to revisit it. Recently re-watched The Longest Day. What an ensemble!

Mike S

1917 is so good!

One of my favorite moments in acting and film is Sir Alec's big moment in Bridge's climax. His "What have I done" gets me every time. Pure class film making! Thin Red Line I have not watched in a while, be fun to revisit it. Recently re-watched The Longest Day. What an ensemble!
1917 is indeed a great movie. I’ve heard of Bridge but never watched. Pretty sure I’ve heard Thin Red Line name dropped somewhere too.

Gotta give props to Full Metal Jacket though if we’re going to bring up great lines at a climax.

“Who’s the leader of the club that’s made for you and me...”

And just like that we’re back to Disney 😉

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

One positive of Galaxy's Edge is we don't have the Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters anymore. Because this would be absolutely terrifying 😂
1586364495262.png

The Grand Inquisitor

I'd rather see that monstrosity walking around than some junior theater dropout called Vi Moradi.
I don't know about that. They are both unnecessary but Vi would be fine if she did not have the goofy blue hair. I have no problem with a rebel spy in the land. I would never want to see jar jar goofy ever become a reality 😂

The Grand Inquisitor

I think the addition of Vi is great, but to understand her presence at ALL you have to read the comic books and surrounding literature. Which, to me, is poor set up for a park specific character.
I agree it's silly for you to have to read the books to know the character. It would have made more sense for her to play a prominent role in Rise of the Resistance. I'm still hoping Disney will add Hondo as a walk around character.

Haymarket2008

I agree it's silly for you to have to read the books to know the character. It would have made more sense for her to play a prominent role in Rise of the Resistance. I'm still hoping Disney will add Hondo as a walk around character.

Listen, I love me some Rey, but Vi could have been your hook into the attraction in just as effective a way. Why isn't she the voice on your transport vehicle? Questions, questions.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom