Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
He looks awesome! I’m looking into building an R2 of my own in the near future. What’s he made of?

You can read more about it here:

TrainsOfDisney

So far it’s not changed much. What has changed is the time people arrive and where they go.

Really!? That’s very interesting. I knew it wasn’t working in Cali but I figured it was moving the needle a little bit in Florida.

I’m pretty sure Disneyland could have just reopened the people mover and seen better crowds this summer.

trainplane3

I’m sure it has. But overall historically the needle hasn’t budged as much as expected.
It definitely felt like that. When I was there, DHS didn't really feel any different. Everyone was bunched up by Rise and the bar but the rest of the park felt the same as it did about 2 years ago. It didn't seem any busier in the other areas.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That does not bode well for future investment in the parks. I can see a "why bother" mentality setting in - and a return to the Pressler way of running the parks.
I doubt it’ll ever return to Pressler levels. Even internally that’s regarded as a low point. The best that can be hoped for is methods, decisions and procedures are given a long hard look at.

TrainsOfDisney

A Star Wars dark ride (aka rise or something like it...) next to Star Tours, a Cars overlay on lights Motors and surrounding area, a total reimagine of the backlot tour, and Mickey’s runaway railway added to Animation courtyard would have greatly added to the park capacity, kept the space for traditional fireworks shows and Osborne lights, and probably cost about the same $$$.

Rich Brownn

Hold my scratch built R2-D2. ;)

View attachment 450834
Me, for the opening of "The Empire Strikes Back" in Orlando. (And it took forever to get the beard off and the grey dye out)
Obiwan.jpg

SteamboatJoe

I doubt it’ll ever return to Pressler levels. Even internally that’s regarded as a low point. The best that can be hoped for is methods, decisions and procedures are given a long hard look at.

Is there anything specific they should be learning or you hope they would learn from this and other recent experiences?

Movielover

Now that I'm back from my trip I have to say this land is amazing! I had 2 full days dedicated to DHS and and spent most of my time in GE. Both rides were incredible, Savi's experience was fantastic. I had several encounters with Vi, Troopers and Kylo, and different cast members all in character. The food and blue milk were great, not to mention the drinks from Oga's. Overall a great time!

Hawkeye_2018

The land is very cool. Minuses were the crowds and was not impressed with Docking Bay 7. I was also only there during the day and never experienced it at night. Is there much of a difference at night similar to Toy Story land and Pandora?

Tom Morrow

The land is very cool. Minuses were the crowds and was not impressed with Docking Bay 7. I was also only there during the day and never experienced it at night. Is there much of a difference at night similar to Toy Story land and Pandora?
The land's lighting at night is very well done and makes it feel a bit more alien than during the day, just like Pandora. Early sunset is also nice because you can see the sun hitting the peaks of the spires and buildings while being cast in shadows on the ground.

But honestly I can't think of a theme park land that isn't cooler at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom