Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

J. D.

I’ll just go ahead and leave this here.

Thought it was neat.

kenobi.gif

sedati

From Bioreconstruct:
1581207204710.png

There's a lot going on up on that platform. Any ideas what for? Is this one of the flex spaces? I've seen them use that spot for interviews, but maybe it's also show/performance space. I'd assumed it was made as a place they could temporarily plark a smaller ship to tie in with a current project (Razor Crest).

Last edited:

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct:
View attachment 447679
There's a lot going on up on that platform. Any ideas what for? Is this one of the flex spaces? I've seen them use that spot for interviews, but maybe it's also show/performance space. I'd assumed it was made as a place they could temporarily plark a smaller ship to tie in with a current project (Razor Crest).
They’ve had Hondo up there for media events.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Permit for new electrical in the Resistance area, possibly for new merch carts.

2/5/2020 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Tri City Electric
375 Cypress Dr (Resistance Area) - Install receptacles for carts

There's still supposed to be a more permanent Coke kiosk from what my limited source says. Perhaps this.

Although, I can see them wanting a better merch venue than those minimal stands. I can see how it's way too exposed to the elements and needs a better overhead covering.

So... 🤷‍♂️

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
From Bioreconstruct:
View attachment 447679

That’s where they’re going to put the “kinetic energy” the land supposedly doesn’t have.

TrainsOfDisney

After just re-watching the original trilogy on Disney+, they really need some of the original characters in the land. Darth Vader, Yoda, etc. Disney parks take liberty with timelines all the time. You meet beast in beast form in his castle that tells the story of beauty and the beast, you meet the little mermaid in mermaid form etc.

Honestly I’m ready to retheme rise of the resistance with Princess Leia and Darth Vader! But I like Rise as it is too...

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
After just re-watching the original trilogy on Disney+, they really need some of the original characters in the land. Darth Vader, Yoda, etc. Disney parks take liberty with timelines all the time. You meet beast in beast form in his castle that tells the story of beauty and the beast, you meet the little mermaid in mermaid form etc.

Honestly I’m ready to retheme rise of the resistance with Princess Leia and Darth Vader! But I like Rise as it is too...

Good luck with that.

Josh Hendy

Disney parks take liberty with timelines all the time.
Exactly. Deep fans might "care" but would they boycott the park because of anachronisms? Looooooool no.

90% plus of visitors probably have no idea what planet this is supposed to represent, who is supposed to be living there, or even who most of the characters are in any of the movies outside of the principals.

RobWDW1971

Exactly. Deep fans might "care" but would they boycott the park because of anachronisms? Looooooool no.

90% plus of visitors probably have no idea what planet this is supposed to represent, who is supposed to be living there, or even who most of the characters are in any of the movies outside of the principals.
“Deep fans” would celebrate it as those fans openly mock Batuu, Vi, Dok-Ander, et al. Not a tear would be shed by anybody if “Bright Suns” and “Til the Spires” were never heard again.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

Good thing the land wasn't only created for "deep fans."
They're a tedious lot.
Yup, and all of those that are not deep fans would celebrate even more - good news is with each passing day, the “Batuu backstories”, Bright Suns!!!, Til the Spires!!!, and other such meaningless nonsense continues to fade away as all guests (tedious Star Wars fans or not) find it idiotic and pointless.

jinx8402

Yup, and all of those that are not deep fans would celebrate even more - good news is with each passing day, the “Batuu backstories”, Bright Suns!!!, Til the Spires!!!, and other such meaningless nonsense continues to fade away as all guests (tedious Star Wars fans or not) find it idiotic and pointless.

Yeah, why can't I go to Paris and not hear "bonjour" everywhere :rolleyes:. Everything needs to be in MY native tongue!

Honestly, I can understand wanting OT characters or even not having a set timeline (I for one don't care either way, but swing to the side of liking a set story being told). But, you are now even complaining that they are using made up phrases in a made up story on a made up planet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom