Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

The_Jobu

I'm afraid to go into the ROTR thread, trying to stay completely spoiler free. I don't even know what the ride does.

What's the word on the street about it, better than FOP? Would my Dad be able to ride, he HATES simulated motion (has to close his eyes on Minions and Sorin)?

Mike S

I'm afraid to go into the ROTR thread, trying to stay completely spoiler free. I don't even know what the ride does.

What's the word on the street about it, better than FOP? Would my Dad be able to ride, he HATES simulated motion (has to close his eyes on Minions and Sorin)?
The only way to fully answer this is to give a small spoiler.

Mike S

Alright, if it's small let me have it.

I dont want a recreation of the time we brought him on the Mummy and he sulked for two hours and then went back to the hotel.
There are two points of the experience that involve entering a small simulator section. I use “experience” rather than “ride” purposefully. I won’t go into further detail than that.

The_Jobu

There are two points of the experience that involve entering a small simulator section. I use “experience” rather than “ride” purposefully. I won’t go into further detail than that.

Hmmm...

I think I'll roll the dice and bring him. If people are saying its better than FOP, I don't want him to miss the experience.

The Grand Inquisitor

1575839652091.png

EricsBiscuit

Let's stop talking about the movies before someone lets loose on a spoiler.

I don't even want to hear speculation on spoilers. I've been avoiding the Ep 9 thread for that reason and most social media talking about the movies.
Bob Iger takes a magical sword, yells “this is my empire” and personally shoots a firework at Emperor Palpatine, who then erupts in bursts of lightning and shouting, gradually sinking below the stage.

WDW Guru

Completely untrue....Lucas was upset that they were taking to long with the film and it was costing too much money. He had all his money tied into the success of Empire. If Empire failed....Lucas would have failed. It didn't and created the Empire Lucas sold to Disney.
He did have problems with certain aspects of the film that he was proved wrong on. He wanted Han to say "I love you" Kersh and Ford wanted "I know".
They did a test screening and "I know" won...Lucas turned to Kersh and said keep it in the film.

In 2017 Lucas did say Empire was his least favorite but that is because it had so much riding on it to get it done.
"Empire they ran out of money. Lucas blamed Kurtz's inability to say "no" to Kershner, as the budget ballooned to £22 million. Finally, financial backers the Bank Of America called a halt. With wages to pay, Lucasfilm president Charles Weber went to First National Bank Of Boston to buy out that debt to the tune of $25 million. Lucas promised to pay back the money from his own pocket ("I will eventually pay you back, if it takes me the rest of my life"), but it took a humiliating trip to Fox (to secure their support as guarantors) for the loan to come through. When Empire was finally complete, it had cost $33 million. "
You can see why Lucas has mixed emotions about the production of Empire.

What is true is when Return of the Jedi rolled around, Empire was considered one of the best sequels of all time. Of course there will always be those who don't like a film.... but Empire was and still is regarded as a classic. People couldn't wait for Return of the Jedi as you remember. Nothing was better waiting in line for Jedi after school ended. Great time.
View attachment 432193

We get it. You don't like TLJ. This is the Galaxy's Edge page though. Here's a link to the appropriate forum.

Tom Morrow

Well, the mess that is trying to ride Rise of the Resistance aside, I hope the madness and the fact that DHS has been absolutely packed has finally silenced all the "Galaxy's Edge is a ghost town, a failure, everyone hates it" people. They're seeing the crowds they built up the infrastructure for. This is what they wanted.

Incomudro

Well, the mess that is trying to ride Rise of the Resistance aside, I hope the madness and the fact that DHS has been absolutely packed has finally silenced all the "Galaxy's Edge is a ghost town, a failure, everyone hates it" people. They're seeing the crowds they built up the infrastructure for. This is what they wanted.

A new set of complaints about how this is handled poorly will arise.

Mike S

Fandom Menace has already made tons of videos about it! So predictable...all they want to do is drag Star Wars fans though the mud with their negativity.
When I saw those I was just sitting there like, “you guys know this happens to pretty much every new complex ride, right?” I’ve agreed with past criticisms but this one just made me chuckle.

doctornick

When I saw those I was just sitting there like, “you guys know this happens to pretty much every new complex ride, right?” I’ve agreed with past criticisms but this one just made me chuckle.

To be fair, they probably don't know. Assuming they are coming from a Star Wars prospective as opposed to a parks one. Of course, the correct thing to do would be to learn more about such situations before making commentary on them, but why do that when uninformed rants draw eyeballs?

I mean, the RotR situation is very similar (though handled somewhat differently) to Hagrid's just a few months ago. It's nothing all that remarkable for a theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom