Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Purduevian

What’s possible now is just the tip of the interactive plan. You may enjoy some of the yet to be activated functions (I had a private sneak peek and can’t discuss them)

Can you share why these things are not activated yet? Some guesses would be:
-Not robust/tested enough yet
-Spoils RotR
-Spoils Rise of Skywalker
-Marketing, so something can be "new" later on
-Budget cuts, too expensive to implement

Chris767

The real question is when are they adding the Life Day decorations for Christmas time at GE?!?!??

67B09D3F-4B0B-4339-82CE-8ED3E688A639.jpeg

erasure fan1

“Adventure. Ha. Excitement. Ha. A Jedi craves not these things.” - Yoda

I get it now...Disney built SWGE for guests that are true Jedi. Genius.
Not Jedi, but undercover Jedi because you aren't allowed to wear your Jedi robes. So it's for order 66 Jedi. Wait, no, scratch that. The Prequels don't exist in Disneys eyes.

rsm

The prequels are still considered canon.

Yes, but at the time of acquisition the only "bad" thing that ever happened to SW was, as far as the general public seemed to be concerned, was the prequels. Disney was smart to down play the things people didn't like. The only problem being that they also created lots of new things people didn't like.

scaughron

Yes, but at the time of acquisition the only "bad" thing that ever happened to SW was, as far as the general public seemed to be concerned, was the prequels. Disney was smart to down play the things people didn't like. The only problem being that they also created lots of new things people didn't like.

This is true. Personally I have enjoyed all the new movies.

erasure fan1

It's funny how Disney has constantly misjudged star wars. For a long time the prequels were hated on, a lot. But leading up to the purchase of Lucasfilm, the prequels were starting a resurgence. They still get their share of flack, but overall, the demand has gone way up.

sedati

Yes, but at the time of acquisition the only "bad" thing that ever happened to SW was, as far as the general public seemed to be concerned, was the prequels.
Well, the Holiday Special is somewhat infamous.
And the Ewok tv movies weren't for everyone...
along with the Ewok animated Saturday morning cartoon...
and the Droids animated Saturday morning cartoon...
and the Marvel comics with the green rabbit in a space suit...
and the EU as a whole was pretty hit or miss...
as were some of the games.
But sure.

Mike S

Well, the Holiday Special is somewhat infamous.
And the Ewok tv movies weren't for everyone...
along with the Ewok animated Saturday morning cartoon...
and the Droids animated Saturday morning cartoon...
and the Marvel comics with the green rabbit in a space suit...
and the EU as a whole was pretty hit or miss...
as were some of the games.
But sure.
To be fair I don’t think those things caught in the public eye to the same degree the prequels did so yeah as far as John Q. Public is concerned the prequels were the only thing that seemed to ever cause a hubbub.

sedati

To be fair I don’t think those things caught in the public eye to the same degree the prequels did so yeah as far as John Q. Public is concerned the prequels were the only thing that seemed to ever cause a hubbub.
To that I'd say the very existence of the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi was a source of hubbub. I was of an age where I could still enjoy the sight of feral teddy bears taking down AT-STs with glee, but I assure you, there were vocal detractors.

Also, I'd have to check the ratings, but I think the whole world tuned in for the Holiday Special. (Well, thirteen million in the U.S. Still, enough to make a lasting impression.)

Last edited:

Snow Goof

To that I'd say the very existence of the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi was a source of hubbub. I was of an age where I could still enjoy the sight of feral teddy bears taking down AT-STs with glee, but I assure you, there were vocal detractors.
I can only imagine what it would've been like had the internet and social media existed back then, and the greatest trilogy of all time up to that point gets concluded with a teddy bear picnic.

Snow Goof

All jokes aside, I'm surprised all prequel content wasn't removed from star tours when the purchase went through. Iger has said they wanted to distance themselves from it.
Disney has already brought back actors Ray Park and Jimmy Smits to reprise their prequel trilogy roles in some of these newer films. Definitely not as prominent as they were in the prequels, but they're still there. Also, Coruscant was seen briefly in TFA, and Mustafar briefly in Rogue One.

Edit: And how could I foolishly overlook Ewan McGregor coming back for the Obi-Wan series? Point being, there is plenty of evidence the prequel stories and characters still hold importance in Disney's Star Wars.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom