Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

pdude81

I get the rain aspect, but at some point common sense needs to take over. No one actually believes they went to space and aren't in Florida. I get the immersion aspect, but when push comes to shove, we are still in a theme park. The forest moon would have been good too. Bright tree village could have been part as well as a new first order base and resistance outpost.

I agree that the consumer can get past the fake immersion and just enjoy the land. But with the money they spent on these things, couldn't we get a different location on each coast with similar attractions instead of near clones? I'd fly out to California just to buy junk from Watto if that's the only place it could be done. But now that I've been to SWGE at DHS I'll avoid it in California to go on things that are different or special.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I wasn’t talking about choice of timeline, I was talking about having Han in the ride. He was still alive during a point in the sequels. You really think Disney would’ve said no if he actually wanted to be part of anything to do with Star Wars?
The land is set between the Force Awakens and The Last Jedi when Han was dead. this was disney decision and had nothing to do with Harrison Ford. so i dont get where you are getting this theory of yours from.

Mike S

The land is set between the Force Awakens and The Last Jedi when Han was dead. this was disney decision and had nothing to do with Harrison Ford. so i dont get where you are getting this theory of yours from.
They could’ve easily set it whenever that wanted in the sequels. They could’ve set it before he died if they wanted. That’s all I’m saying. If Harrison said “yeah, I want to do this” I’m sure disney would’ve happily obliged.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They could’ve easily set it whenever that wanted in the sequels. They could’ve set it before he died if they wanted. That’s all I’m saying. If Harrison said “yeah, I want to do this” I’m sure disney would’ve happily obliged.
and you are wrong for having that line of thought. that was never on the table. they made a choice to set it after the last jedi. if Harrison Ford had asked them to do what you said he would do, the answer would be a resounding "NO". Your logic is extremly flawed especially when you spout it as being a FACT of what they would have done.

RSoxNo1

Or that. Like Harry Potter.
Hogsmeade originally was set on or around the day of the Tri Wizard Tournament. Similarly Cars Land was technically set between the two movies (biggest tell here is the addition to Flo's). I'm all for thematic integrity, but I think in a Universe as expansive as this you need to be flexible with the timeline.

Sure, don't have Kylo and Vader out at the same time, but you've got elevated areas throughout the land where characters around the Star Wars Universe can appear.

Epcot_Imagineer

Good lord. This is very specific.
I'm proud to announce that Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker sold more tickets* online than any other movie** in history***!
*Tickets being defined as whichever online service this movie sold the most in the past 12 hours, which happens to be Atom.
**Than any other movie starting with the letter S and rhyming with Tar Wars.
***History being defined as in the past 30 calendar days.

The_Jobu

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Serious question: why are you so excited that you're type-shouting about a multibillion dollar corporation pre-selling a lot of still unseen product on a specific website?

When you cut and paste a headline from other media, it often comes with html that uses huge font. It's unlikely the poster in question purposely chose the huge font, although, they didn't bother to resize it after the fact.

The_Jobu

When you cut and paste a headline from other media, it often comes with html that uses huge font. It's unlikely the poster in question purposely chose the huge font, although, they didn't bother to resize it after the fact.

Ah I see. It seemed an odd thing to shout-type about.

RSoxNo1

Rogue1138

They didn't have to set it in a specific point of time at all.

Disney was always going to lose out. There's no pleasing Star Wars fans. You do Original Trilogy, Sequel Trilogy fans would complain. You do Sequel Trilogy, Original Trilogy fans complain. If you do Prequels, people wonder why Disney based a land around a dumpster fire. :p

There's so much fan entitlement in Star Wars fandom that fans should all be called "Karens" because they all want to speak to the manager.

Rogue1138

Not casting my opinions onto the ST, but I have to say, I cant really see this being a significant portion of Star Wars fans.

Despite the loud voices on the Internet, there are a lot of people (especially younger) who actually do like the Sequels. This is very anecdotal but I personally know many people who grew up with the Originals and the Expanded Universe who absolutely love the Sequels and are ready to move on from the Skywalker Trilogy characters.

Regardless, the point was someone would always complain. I've a diehard fan and I'm exhausted from this fandom right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom