Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

KikoKea

So I am going for a four day trip in September from the 18 to 22, but my group decided to skip DHS completely. For two reasons, we are worried about the crowds it is my boyfriends first trip to Disney in 12 years so given our shorter vacation time frame I want him to get the most of his time. and secondly I don't want to go to a land that has only one completed ride and would rather wait until my Food and Wine or Festival of the Arts Trips for a SWGE trip. Am I making a huge mistake?
If you're using park hoppers, I'd keep an eye on wait times and crowds in HS/SWGE. If the crowds don't appear, you might want to spend a free morning or evening at HS. If there's a crowd and wait times are insane, or you have enough to keep you busy at other parks, I'd skip it since you have plans to return within the year.

LukeS7

I semi Joked about it earlier this year, but we may actually be impacted by a tropical storm or hurricane Sunday or Monday -- Dorian-- which would make Saturday the best day to go based on how dead the parks get. That would also screw up the numbers for Disney.
I had literally no clue about this until now, so thanks for the heads up. We'll be in Universal by then fortunately (only doing GE opening day)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
In our resort room:

D68F20CE-7BBA-4634-9E53-2AE7FEB2AA1C.jpeg

LukeS7

It might need an update. I can still see the DL status on that app and I’m back in FL.
My assumption would be that it's something server-side that just needs to be enabled. I doubt any functionality for GE wouldn't be coded into a current version of the app at this point with under 3 days until opening.

winstongator

My assumption would be that it's something server-side that just needs to be enabled. I doubt any functionality for GE wouldn't be coded into a current version of the app at this point with under 3 days until opening.
I think you’re right. Blog Mickey reported that the code was in the newest version of the app. You’re right that the server just needs to turn it on. I’ll check Thursday from home.

brettf22

Premium Member
I think you’re right. Blog Mickey reported that the code was in the newest version of the app. You’re right that the server just needs to turn it on. I’ll check Thursday from home.
Let’s hope so. I’m in the World now and can’t see SWGE status in the app. And according to the App Store I have the most recent version. Also, I checked in Sunday and didn’t have one of these flyers in my room.

Walt d

Flying the Falcon! I am almost OK that most of DHS is closed down now.
Too much hype I’m not even interested it’s just is a money pit That bobby igor keeps dumping Dead presidents into . If it was real i would be excited about going into space but it’s not .. he has ruined everything everywhere he needs to just put his tail between his legs in the hop out of here ..

matt9112

That's debatable. I've heard several people say that it beats both Pandora and Potter for them.

Yes the land can be improved. Every land can. But from what I'm seeing, what's there is very good and only going to get better once RotR opens.

Potter is still the gold standard for me. Environment i can emotionally connect to works. I dont feel like im loosing soemthing by visiting places i remember. Pandora is pretty but lacks any feeling outside of FOP. How breathtaking a land is isnt a barometer for depth and awe. If that was the case pandora would be one of the best but its just not. So forgettable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom