Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

I flew the Falcon. The feeling I had when first walking into either Harry Potter land finally hit me. Very fun ride. Doing what I’ve seen in the movies I grew up with... I felt like a kid.
To add on to this I do see how this ride could potentially get a bit old fast with just the same mission. Can we get a Tie Fighter battle in space please? With the music playing? Thanks.

drod1985

To add on to this I do see how this ride could potentially get a bit old fast with just the same mission. Can we get a Tie Fighter battle in space please? With the music playing? Thanks.

Based on old rumors and concept art there should be two more missions at some stage of production. I would expect we'll get additional missions at some point, with a randomizer eventually switching between the three.

Chet Dakota

Based on old rumors and concept art there should be two more missions at some stage of production. I would expect we'll get additional missions at some point, with a randomizer eventually switching between the three.
I seem to recall that there were to be four missions?

JohnD

Yeah. Great intro but it needs random missions. That's what makes ST interesting. You can go on it and as soon as you exit go right back on for (hopefully) a different mission.

ToTBellHop

Okay, I’ve had time to digest and get my thoughts down. We had a preview yesterday morning.

In summary: to hell with other people’s online reviews. We had an absolute blast. The scale and sight lines are jaw-dropping. It felt as though we left the park for 4 1/2 hours.

The marketplace area is wonderful with some really unique (but expensive!) items. I enjoyed the kettle corn and the food in Docking Bay is the best QSR on property, though it does need more seating, and not in the sun with no shade.

Oga’s requires a wait even after checking in, and the wait is in the sun. But once inside, I love the energy. We don’t drink alcohol but the kids had yummy fruity drinks and we had the cold brew, which is the most unique (but good) iced coffee I’ve ever had.

Smuggler’s Run had a 55-min wait the first time, 70 the second. The queue is FoP-level immersive and the ride is so darn fun. My 6-year old son crashed up the Falcon REAL good the second ride and the exit hallway indeed sparked.

Loved all the costuming and the CMs were uniformly exceptional. Well-done. I enjoyed the characters all over the land but agree they should add droids.

By the way, there is music. It comes from radios in the queue (you know, like you’d expect in an actual garage) and you can hear it outside Ronto’s. Having actually visited the land, I think John Williams’ score elsewhere would be detrimental to the immersiveness. This is new DHS, not old. We are meant to be on actual Batuu, not in a movie.

I think they did an exceptional job here. I also think you would have been able to see into Toy Story Land if they built the third ride. Glad they cut it and can’t wait for RotR. Bright suns!

IMDREW

Okay, I’ve had time to digest and get my thoughts down. We had a preview yesterday morning.

In summary: to hell with other people’s online reviews. We had an absolute blast. The scale and sight lines are jaw-dropping. It felt as though we left the park for 4 1/2 hours.

The marketplace area is wonderful with some really unique (but expensive!) items. I enjoyed the kettle corn and the food in Docking Bay is the best QSR on property, though it does need more seating, and not in the sun with no shade.

Oga’s requires a wait even after checking in, and the wait is in the sun. But once inside, I love the energy. We don’t drink alcohol but the kids had yummy fruity drinks and we had the cold brew, which is the most unique (but good) iced coffee I’ve ever had.

Smuggler’s Run had a 55-min wait the first time, 70 the second. The queue is FoP-level immersive and the ride is so darn fun. My 6-year old son crashed up the Falcon REAL good the second ride and the exit hallway indeed sparked.

Loved all the costuming and the CMs were uniformly exceptional. Well-done. I enjoyed the characters all over the land but agree they should add droids.

By the way, there is music. It comes from radios in the queue (you know, like you’d expect in an actual garage) and you can hear it outside Ronto’s. Having actually visited the land, I think John Williams’ score elsewhere would be detrimental to the immersiveness. This is new DHS, not old. We are meant to be on actual Batuu, not in a movie.

I think they did an exceptional job here. I also think you would have been able to see into Toy Story Land if they built the third ride. Glad they cut it and can’t wait for RotR. Bright suns!View attachment 399771
Is this you? 👀 nice to put a face to a well-known poster here 😊

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I had my AP preview today...

• Land is spectacular.
  • Interactive CMs is top notch. You can't take ten steps on the FO side without running into troopers. And a third of the time, Kylo was with them. They have a lot more canned responses and are hilarious at times. Kylo and two troopers were force-bedazzled by the three-year-old Rey who was totally ignoring them to jump in puddles. A three year-year-old Han ran up to Chewie for a hug. He took him by the hand for a walk and grabbed a 10-year-old girl dressed as an Ewok in his other hand. Vi was even up and about.
  • Oga's was packed, which, for the venue, was totally in theme. The staff sung along with one of Rex's songs as if it was an age-old tradition. The blue milk was meh. The cookie, meh. The jello-bobba dish... meh. Maybe too sweet altogether. Wish they sold the Coca-Cola detonators in there.
  • All the shopping venues were way too small. I'd suggest, and I'm willing to bet it will happen, that they'll put a roof over the open air market and move the merch stands into the main aisle.
  • Line for Dok Ondar... didn't want to wait.
  • Didn't do Savi.
  • Did the Droid Depot. Fun event. It is expensive, but the Droids are cute. Decided to home school them.
  • Did MF:SR twice. 50 minute wait, but I think it was more like 35. Buddy and I were pilots both times. First time thru, our crew did a great job... 2 coaxiums and 9600 credits. Second time... they were slow on the repairs and only 8000 credits and Hondo hilariously reading out a list of broken ship parts. From the queue, you can see a bit of SDD track, but, there are trees that will eventually block it. You can see a bit of some buildings, I think the extended box-on-a-roof for the projection show. Not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Same with the very tiptops of ToT peeking over a building.
  • Big disappointment is the underbuilding of the buildings. With the land so big, don't know why every food and merch area is so small, especially since we know they were expecting huge crowds for years and years.
  • Totally comparable to Pandora. And like Pandora, it could use more attractions. And like Pandora, will visit again and again.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Wait a minute. These are positive reviews. From the Disneyland thread I was lead to believe the land is a joyless, dead, war torn Iraq with nothing to do and no characters to interact with. Also Smugglers Run barely moves and feels like a video game. I guess the booze in Florida really makes up for those things. 😉

beertiki

For me Smugglers run was more like a video game than a ride. I could care less about hitting some buttons. For me, all the ride needs to be perfect would be several random jumps to light speed to various scenes or locations from the movies. It's not easy to pay attention or to follow the story when for the first 90 seconds you are looking at everything in the cockpit, and your brain is stuck on repeat - "Wow! I am in the Falcon. Wow!..." Then you look at the screen and you keep waiting for tie fighters, star destroyers, or the death star. It ends like a video game with a score. I would compare it to being given the keys to an expensive exotic car, you hop in and it's amazing, but all you get to do is parallel park it in a tight space. On the ride home we compared it to the Navi river ride, no rush to do it again. If the Falcon ride had 10 random scenes like star tours, in scenes from the movies, it would be amazing. Could you imagine being in that cockpit, and in the scene where you get to say - That's not a moon.. Instead I feel like we got the Star Wars version of Mission Space.

Spike-in-Berlin

At the moment there is still the hype because it is new and of course it is a passholder event so every passholder wants to go. Let's wait until it is generally open for more than just a few days. It was the same in DL at the beginning and then reality set in and many saw it for what it is, an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise from the abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash, without OS (Original Saga) characters and PC to the max. Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK) and in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?) you are Meeting Über-Mary Sue Rey and General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads. And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.
In DL the crowds died down faster than anyone had expected. Let's see how the DHS Counterpart is doing.

mikejs78

Premium Member

I think they did an exceptional job here. I also think you would have been able to see into Toy Story Land if they built the third ride. Glad they cut it and can’t wait for RotR. Bright suns!View attachment 399771
I had my AP preview today...

• Land is spectacular.
  • Interactive CMs is top notch. You can't take ten steps on the FO side without running into troopers. And a third of the time, Kylo was with them. They have a lot more canned responses and are hilarious at times. Kylo and two troopers were force-bedazzled by the three-year-old Rey who was totally ignoring them to jump in puddles. A three year-year-old Han ran up to Chewie for a hug. He took him by the hand for a walk and grabbed a 10-year-old girl dressed as an Ewok in his other hand. Vi was even up and about.
  • Oga's was packed, which, for the venue, was totally in theme. The staff sung along with one of Rex's songs as if it was an age-old tradition. The blue milk was meh. The cookie, meh. The jello-bobba dish... meh. Maybe too sweet altogether. Wish they sold the Coca-Cola detonators in there.
  • All the shopping venues were way too small. I'd suggest, and I'm willing to bet it will happen, that they'll put a roof over the open air market and move the merch stands into the main aisle.
  • Line for Dok Ondar... didn't want to wait.
  • Didn't do Savi.
  • Did the Droid Depot. Fun event. It is expensive, but the Droids are cute. Decided to home school them.
  • Did MF:SR twice. 50 minute wait, but I think it was more like 35. Buddy and I were pilots both times. First time thru, our crew did a great job... 2 coaxiums and 9600 credits. Second time... they were slow on the repairs and only 8000 credits and Hondo hilariously reading out a list of broken ship parts. From the queue, you can see a bit of SDD track, but, there are trees that will eventually block it. You can see a bit of some buildings, I think the extended box-on-a-roof for the projection show. Not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Same with the very tiptops of ToT peeking over a building.
  • Big disappointment is the underbuilding of the buildings. With the land so big, don't know why every food and merch area is so small, especially since we know they were expecting huge crowds for years and years.
  • Totally comparable to Pandora. And like Pandora, it could use more attractions. And like Pandora, will visit again and again.
Seriously glad to hear this from both of you. I tend to trust both your opinions as you both seem to be less jaded than many, yet are far from being Pixie Dusters and are willing to criticize Disney where criticism is warranted. Can't wait to go myself.

mikejs78

Premium Member
At the moment there is still the hype because it is new and of course it is a passholder event so every passholder wants to go. Let's wait until it is generally open for more than just a few days. It was the same in DL at the beginning and then reality set in and many saw it for what it is, an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise from the abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash, without OS (Original Saga) characters and PC to the max. Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK) and in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?) you are Meeting Über-Mary Sue Rey and General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads. And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.
In DL the crowds died down faster than anyone had expected. Let's see how the DHS Counterpart is doing.
🙄

ToTBellHop

Bright suns!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom