Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

culturenthrills

Was in Galaxy's Edge on Sunday. I am a huge Star Wars fan since i was 6 years old and while the land is beautiful and the details are amazing it feels completely lifeless. The first time I went into HogsMeade, Diagon Alley and even Pandora my jaw was on the floor and even got emotional and was completely amazed. I felt almost nothing in Galaxy's Edge. It was just lacking something.

tallica

Was in Galaxy's Edge on Sunday. I am a huge Star Wars fan since i was 6 years old and while the land is beautiful and the details are amazing it feels completely lifeless. The first time I went into HogsMeade, Diagon Alley and even Pandora my jaw was on the floor and even got emotional and was completely amazed. I felt almost nothing in Galaxy's Edge. It was just lacking something.
John Williams, Darth Vader, Classic Stormtroopers, etc......

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
For those who have visited GE WDW:
Did you get the chance to see Dianoga appear at the water fountain? That's one of the features I'd like to see. Thanks! :)

mab7689

There's now a walk through video on the YouTube channel. I'm just curious - was this a Cast Member and Press Preview or did they get lucky on a soft opening? I see children so wondered if CMs are allowed to take relatives as additional guests or if they're general public?

tallica

There's now a walk through video on the YouTube channel. I'm just curious - was this a Cast Member and Press Preview or did they get lucky on a soft opening? I see children so wondered if CMs are allowed to take relatives as additional guests or if they're general public?

CMs are allowed one guest to accompany them on their preview. The guest does not have to be a fellow cast member.

rsm

Hidden Mickey. 098DE80E-8CFD-43DD-9141-326BD22DB141.jpeg

MickeyMinnieMom

Q3 earnings call...

BA74D7E5-EF8E-486C-BEED-5A8F31AB3FC1.jpeg

C5623012-6ADA-4364-8484-B5CDD334D3A2.jpeg

Last edited:

LukeS7

Take this with a grain of salt (since it's from a customer service rep and they emphasized nothing is set in stone yet). I just got off the phone with WDW customer service and asked them several questions about opening day for Galaxy's Edge. Here's the info I was given:

- Line is likely to start/be allowed to start forming 2 hours before park open which is 6am for resort guests and 9am for off-site, so most likely around 4am
- Savi's and Ooga's are *likely* to work off a reservation system with return times much like Disneyland, with cast members taking signups by the entrance into the land. The customer service rep emphasized this is not official and mentioned that they're going to be testing this this weekend.
- Access to the land is *likely* to be limited to 4 hours, much like Disneyland. Again, he emphasized that this is not official yet, but it appears that that is currently what they're leaning towards

TP2000

Q3 earnings call...

View attachment 396271

Thank you! I find it hilarious that Bob differentiates "paid attendance" from "Annual Pass attendance". While it's nice to get that monthly payment check in the mail from a million AP's, we know that the tourists actually pay cash money to get in at much higher profit margins.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Thank you! I find it hilarious that Bob differentiates "paid attendance" from "Annual Pass attendance". While it's nice to get that monthly payment check in the mail from a million AP's, we know that the tourists actually pay cash money to get in at much higher profit margins.
I don't see that as funny at all. You're reading too much into it. He was pointing out that single entry tickets were up because of Galaxy's Edge, and that the decline at DLR was due to AP blackouts.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yeah, Star Wars. It's lacking actual Star Wars.

Darth Snips

I'm surprised that no one else has posted this yet:

This seems like good news to me. I know that Disneyland never really used their virtual queue but WDW has very different crowd patterns, particularly DHS.

I, for one, am very interested to see how this turns out.

drod1985

Code being present in the WDW MDE app is basically confirmation of the virtual queue for me. Glad they're implementing that. Now I just hope they implement the same Oga's and Savi's reservations as DL too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom