Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mappy...

IMDREW

I still don’t understand why they aren’t just blasting that Star Wars music through the land. They want you to be immersed like in the movies, but it’s a little hard to imagine a great big movie-like adventure without a glorious score backing it up for you. You feel the magic in that first tunnel, with the sounds, and then it all dies.. so weird

Incomudro

I still don’t understand why they aren’t just blasting that Star Wars music through the land. They want you to be immersed like in the movies, but it’s a little hard to imagine a great big movie-like adventure without a glorious score backing it up for you. You feel the magic in that first tunnel, with the sounds, and then it all dies.. so weird

Because a real place would have real sounds, and not it's own them song.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I get your point and maybe they will change that later. But you are not supposed to be on a movie set or on a generic star wars adventure. You are supposed to be on Batuu, a "real" place. Do they blast star wars music on Batuu?

Incomudro

To be fair, John Williams did make a soundtrack just for the land, though, I do not hear it.

Yes, I don't know how effective it is not having any music - especially given that the level of this land being a living real place hasn't played up too well yet - at least in California.
In any event, music is probably one of the easiest things for them to tweak.

RobWDW1971

Because a real place would have real sounds, and not it's own them song.

OK, if that is their guiding principle:

- Would there be music when Kylo Ren enters the land timed to his arrival and exit?

- Would Star Wars music magically play when you build your light saber?

- Would music play in a cockpit on a smugglers run timed to the action?

- Would music play in a prison transport car going through a Star Destroyer?

Or are you saying WDI used it as a fundamental design choice until it was no longer convenient?

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I m with you. I want a soaring John Williams score playing throughout the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom