Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TJJohn12

Could be I guess. They filmed them interacting with the storm troopers standing outside the construction wall taking pictures with people (I got a great one with them I have to say) and then kept filming them as they walked up to the door and then followed them through it. If it was a promo, I just don't know why they'd film the construction barrier, but perhaps that is just above my pay grade.

Sounds in a similar vein to the "You're going to Batuu!" promo - TDO has been focusing on the process, offering sneak peeks, and unveiling small bits. Maybe this is a "these folks got to see it early" style promo?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I bet pics will show up once AP previews begin. I feel like they usually do. Guests are too hard to control. CMs can be threatened with termination.

The cast members can bring a non-CM with them, and there will be complimentary PhotoPass spots throughout the land. I can't imagine there will be photo restrictions for the attendees.

EPCOTCenterLover

Unexpectedly I ended up visiting SW:GE during a visit to CA. Not on my plan for many reasons, but it happened. I found the First Order section of the land very well done. Flying the Falcon (3 times) was more fun than I thought it would be. (Ride waits: First and third rides single rider- 25 minutes. Second ride was standby to see the animatronic- 40 minutes.)

Food options good but lacking, shops great. The Resistance area was puzzling to me. Felt very incomplete and mis-imagineered. The whole land needs its mega ticket to open.

I hope the DHS version- which I will see soon- takes advantage of the more humid climate and being farther away from where fireworks are shot to add more greenery. It would add much more of a welcome feel to the area.

My hunch is it will be more at home in DHS than Disneyland.

Kman101

So the reports of soft fall hotel bookings are wrong?

To be fair, I believe November/December are fairly high. Most were expecting the land to open then before Disney suddenly dropped the early openings on everyone. Most would probably wait. And also, school starts back up right as the land opens ...

Kman101

Unexpectedly I ended up visiting SW:GE during a visit to CA. Not on my plan for many reasons, but it happened. I found the First Order section of the land very well done. Flying the Falcon (3 times) was more fun than I thought it would be. (Ride waits: First and third rides single rider- 25 minutes. Second ride was standby to see the animatronic- 40 minutes.)

Food options good but lacking, shops great. The Resistance area was puzzling to me. Felt very incomplete and mis-imagineered. The whole land needs its mega ticket to open.

I hope the DHS version- which I will see soon- takes advantage of the more humid climate and being farther away from where fireworks are shot to add more greenery. It would add much more of a welcome feel to the area.

My hunch is it will be more at home in DHS than Disneyland.

I've heard a lot of "it will be more at home in DHS than Disneyland". I haven't visited the land but even I'd have to agree on that. It definitely feels more suited for DHS.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To be fair, I believe November/December are fairly high. Most were expecting the land to open then before Disney suddenly dropped the early openings on everyone. Most would probably wait. And also, school starts back up right as the land opens ...

First week of December is and always will be nearly fully booked thanks to Pop Warner and Cheerleading competitions, just an FYI.

twebber55

In the park 2,500 miles to the west that shall not be named that just happened to open an identical clone of this land 8 weeks ago, they started CM "previews" in early May about a month before it opened to the public on May 31st. But the first week or two of CM previews were limited only to the Millennium Falcon: Target Run ride, so they just let the CM's in through a dedicated side entrance from the back of house area and those CM's were only allowed to walk straight to the Falcon ride and then exit the land. They couldn't wander around the land while the finishing touches were being applied by work crews.

I imagine if CM previews start this week at DHS, it will just be for the Falcon ride and nothing else, and a controlled access pathway will be monitored to/from the Falcon ride facility only. As the month of August rolls along, more of the land will be opened for CM previews and looky-loos before the more formal AP previews start later in August.

I do know some cms have already rode MF

drod1985

The cast members can bring a non-CM with them, and there will be complimentary PhotoPass spots throughout the land. I can't imagine there will be photo restrictions for the attendees.

IIRC, phones weren't allowed by anyone attending castmember previews and photopass photos weren't released till the reservation period began at DL. Though some people attending the CM previews still snuck some photos of course.

ToTBellHop

Of course (I am aware of that). But fall bookings aren't really relevant either, IMO. It's not really a 'sign' of anything, IMO, of course.
All they are a sign of is the next quarter. Which is all TDO cares about. But sometimes their nearsightedness locally causes Burbank to approve new $300 million rides to open in 3 years as a Band-Aid.

jrhwdw

So......Are there no Media Restrictions at all for the CM Preview starting Aug 1st??? I saw something about a Stream next week on Twitter.......

I figured the streams wouldn't start until the AP Previews start

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
So......Are there no Media Restrictions at all for the CM Preview starting Aug 1st??? I saw something about a Stream next week on Twitter.......

I figured the streams wouldn't start until the AP Previews start

Why would they? There is a carbon copy that has been open for 2 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom