Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

The_Jobu

The problem is that one side has been over talking the other to make their point. Nobody is saying criticism is bad but when that is all you do it gets old very fast.

I thought it's been pretty even so far. Perhaps the negativity just sticks out more. The thread about "when are you going to GE" is almost entirely positive.

PizzaPlanet

At the end of the day, what Star Wars ride would you have rather had. (No wrong answer)

1. A fully immersive dark/thrill ride featuring Han,Luke,Leia and their side kicks battling Darth Vader

2. Or same concept featuring Rey, Poe, Finn battling Ren?

Again, no wrong answer
A third concept based on the prequels is objectively the best option.

TP2000

Poe is the good guy pilot who teams up with black guy who used to be a Stormtrooper.

Thank you! :)

One thing that TDO could do differently is maybe pass out trading cards or something inside Star Wars Land to remind people who the spunky girl is that appears for meet n' greets in the land.

Disney Parks don't appear to have a "Poe" or the black guy who used to be a Stormtrooper available for meet n' greets, but the spunky girl who dresses in gauzy beige linen appears occasionally for meet n' greets inside Star Wars Land.

I suppose trading cards is way too 1995, but maybe a refresher course on the Play Disney App on who these people are? That would help for a lot of folks over 35.

ImperfectPixie

Thank you! :)

One thing that TDO could do differently is maybe pass out trading cards or something inside Star Wars Land to remind people who the spunky girl is that appears for meet n' greets in the land.

Disney Parks don't appear to have "Poe" or the black guy who used to be a Stormtrooper available for meet n' greets, but the spunky girl who dresses in gauzy beige linen appears occasionally for meet n' greets inside Star Wars Land.

I suppose trading cards is way too 1995, but maybe a refresher course on the Play Disney App on who these people are? That would help for a lot of folks over 35.
I've watched the movies a bunch of times, but at first - even though I was paying attention - the names "Rey" (spunky girl) and "Ren" (tall bad guy) were so close I got them confused often. Finn (ex-Stormtrooper) I always remembered because of how Poe came up with his name from his Stormtrooper number (FN-2187). Poe was pretty easy to remember because he was the good guy we thought was dead after he crashed with Finn...but yeah, they didn't make it easy for us, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

I don't remember a water feature in the blueprints.

But I believe there is still one in the RotR queue, which, of course, people haven't really seen yet.

There is indeed a waterfall in the RotR queue.

Since this means Batuu is a planet that can have waterfalls (rather than a total desert or something), it should've been relatively easy to design some waterfalls in the main areas.

On the other hand, we don't need water features to create kinetics. That's just how Pandora accomplishes it. For Galaxy's Edge, a few roaming droids could do the trick.

And/or, they could've had animatronic creatures repairing the land speeders (with sufficient protection from the elements), some movement of the droids that are under repair across from the restrooms, etc.

durangojim

I've watched the movies a bunch of times, but at first - even though I was paying attention - the names "Rey" (spunky girl) and "Ren" (tall bad guy) were so close I got them confused often. Finn (ex-Stormtrooper) I always remembered because of how Poe came up with his name from his Stormtrooper number (FN-2187). Poe was pretty easy to remember because he was the good guy we thought was dead after he crashed with Finn...but yeah, they didn't make it easy for us, that's for sure.
Actually I think his name is Kyle O’ren. He’s Irish.

kap91

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere but does anyone know what the purpose of this building is in Galaxy's edge between droid depot and savi's? I'd assumed it was back of house, but it seems very large and it looks like it's been built with specifically high ceilings and such. Does savi's have two theaters? I didn't think so. I find it peculiar.

9DAB7A3B-8E1D-4FAB-B4E1-66EBC5FF09FA.jpeg

drod1985

@kap91 - Trowbridge and others are on record saying that GE already has room for expansion built-in. While that could totally be some backstage or storage space it could also be a swing space or a space reserved for a future experience.

At the end of the day, what Star Wars ride would you have rather had. (No wrong answer)

1. A fully immersive dark/thrill ride featuring Han,Luke,Leia and their side kicks battling Darth Vader

2. Or same concept featuring Rey, Poe, Finn battling Ren?

Again, no wrong answer

In a world where all things are ideal I'm down for either. The OT cast is obviously classic and responsible for starting it all, but I really enjoy the ST cast too.

However, we don't live in an ideal world. Making ROTR with Han, Luke and Leia would be damn near impossible since 2/3 are senior citizens and 1/3 has passed. If ROTR focused on OT characters then the ride would have to feature either look-a-like actors or CGI recreations of those original characters, neither of which would be very convincing. By going with the ST - and filming the ride footage in the middle of filming a ST film - we're getting an experience that's more authentic to what we see in the films.

TJJohn12

I don't remember a water feature in the blueprints.

But I believe there is still one in the RotR queue, which, of course, people haven't really seen yet.

Took me a little searching, but here's the places where we (@briangaw in particular - based on Bioreconstruct shots) were talking about the potential for a water feature on the TSL end of the land:

@sedati @marni1971

1532900318666-png.299236

Also of note from what it looks like the area inside that right red line looked to be a waterfall or water feature of some kind in some of the other aerials. I haven't really seen much in the way of Disneyland aerials of this area, so don't know if that shows up there as well?

Also have been meaning to ask, but what the heck are these cylinders?
View attachment 299863
From top slightly left of center of this shot:
Dipxt7uV4AAAY1e.jpg:large
I agree that most of it will be terraced planting. But this zoom in from a July 6th @bioreconstruct image gave the look of perhaps some sort of waterfall as there seemed to be a pool beginning. They do have scaffolding over it all now.
View attachment 299987

And awww yes knew some great poster here would have some insight into the model and correlate the cylinders. Just intrigued they are concrete forming them and they will not just be set pieces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom