Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

I don’t think the delayed opening of ROTR being announced by Disney counts as anonymous. The fact that there are so many “anonymous social media” posts complaining in the first place is because they f’d up this lands opening.

There are almost always delays when engineering something almost entirely new. Happens to Elon almost with every project. It is part of human progress.

jrhwdw

With all of the suprising problems DL has with low attendance. Are we worried what WDW will look like in September? Or would it be hard to tell with everything going on?: SWGE, F&W, MNSSHP with new pyro, final days of ROE.

Is a lot of hotels in and around WDW full for Labor Day Weekend? That might give us an idea of how September is going to go?

Stripes

There’s short cuts everywhere at the mo. Times are tough you know.
Do I laugh or cry? But, seriously...will the theming be lower quality in Florida compared to California? They just seem to be cutting it way too close. Does Florida have more people than CA did? Because I think CA looked closer to completion at this stage.

jrhwdw

Do I laugh or cry? But, seriously...will the theming be lower quality in Florida compared to California? They just seem to be cutting it way too close. Does Florida have more people than CA did? Because I think CA looked closer to completion at this stage.
I know it's a stupid answer but I'll say it anyway. SWGE looked great all lit up from Grand Destino! Last time I looked at biocontrust's Twitter account, everything looked like DL. Hasn't most of the building been done for a while now?????

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
any idea what happened to Disneyland?

Disneyland imagineers were dumbfounded with all the extra space they had to work with and couldn't decide what to do with it.

Oh yeah I forget about that one so we have two trackless rides opening the same year ?

Well, within half a year, three will open.

No Name

After Pandora opened and gave a good attendance boost everyone was like “imagine the crowds when Galaxy’s Edge opens!”
If Pandora has a bigger opening year than SWGE there will be lots of lols.

But I think a lot of the success of the former vs possible failure of the later is largely due to how the lands are positioned and advertised in regard to the parks. Cars Land fit DCA and Pandora fit DAK far from perfectly but certainly more ideally than SWL fits DL or DHS, and they were sold to the public that way. SWGE on the other hand is a break in aesthetic, theme, and tone from the rest of its respective parks that makes it feel cold and isolated and uninteresting. It doesn’t come off as a major step forward for the park but a step somewhere else. I think that’s a big part of what’s negatively affecting attendance.

Last edited:

LSLS

With all of the suprising problems DL has with low attendance. Are we worried what WDW will look like in September? Or would it be hard to tell with everything going on?: SWGE, F&W, MNSSHP with new pyro, final days of ROE.

Is a lot of hotels in and around WDW full for Labor Day Weekend? That might give us an idea of how September is going to go?

Isn't that weekend usually slammed anyways? Be more curious about the couple weeks after.

mikejs78

Premium Member
After Pandora opened and gave a good attendance boost everyone was like “imagine the crowds when Galaxy’s Edge opens!”
If Pandora has a bigger opening year than SWGE there will be lots of lols.

But I think a lot of the success of the former vs possible failure of the later is largely due to how the lands are positioned and advertised in regard to the parks. Cars Land fit DCA and Pandora fit DAK far from perfectly but certainly more ideally than SWL fits DL or DHS, and they were sold to the public that way. SWGE on the other hand is a break in aesthetic, theme, and tone from the rest of its respective parks that makes it feel cold and isolated and uninteresting. It doesn’t come off as a major step forward for the park but a step somewhere else. I think that’s a big part of what’s negatively affecting attendance.
I sincerely doubt most people even consider this.

In reality it fits fine in DHS. Less so in DL.

UpAllNight

I think Star Wars fatigue is definitely a thing, and a further string in the bow of the current run for Marvel where they’ve maintained interest throughout a lot of films. I feel like this land is opening at a time when people are deflated after the last film.

FigmentFan82

SWGE on the other hand is a break in aesthetic, theme, and tone from the rest of its respective parks that makes it feel cold and isolated and uninteresting.
Odd, that seems to be the exact opposite of what people who have been there are saying, and that includes people I know first hand. The attendance issues has nothing to do with the land itself, it has everything to do with how TDA over analyzed their crowd concerns and over managed crowd control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom