Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I’d expect hours extensions for WDW in December now.

Should be a particularly crowded holiday season at WDW.

I know I’ll get flamed for this, but I hope there is an upcharge so I can guarantee entry. Should be a zoo at Christmas.
Don’t worry about an upcharge. Disney will just raise ticket and AP prices across the board.

Again.

RSoxNo1

The question is.... will Galaxy’s Edge have a Darth Vader problem? Will the audience not care if he isn’t around in the coming years when they buy a ticket to Galaxy’s Edge?

According to USA Today back in 2018.
Darth Vader is the most recognized character in Star Wars. Han Solo..2, Luke Skywalker 3.... with the new trilogy Rey comes in at 11. Finn at 17. Ren at 18.

Is that a problem going forward for the new land? Or does it even matter?
Where does Hondo Ohnaka rank?

ToTBellHop

And then the delayed mouse ride.

Rat. Mouse. Ha.
I do think it’s less embarrassing to delay MMRR than RotR. I had been under the impression that D23 was not possible for DL as some had suggested, but January is laughably bad. At least for once, WDW will get first dibs. We’ve been the ugly stepchild for years.

I had originally expected our entire land right around December 1 until they decided on the split opening, so WDW appears to have stayed on target pretty well.

RSoxNo1

Would you open a Harry Potter expansion at a park worth 1.5 billion dollars and not have it feature Harry Potter? Would you give the green light to having that expansion star Dobby instead?
This is more on par with Universal opening a Fantastic Beasts area instead of a Harry Potter area. Ironically, Disney's approach to Potter was going to be a Care of Magical Creatures petting zoo and a dark ride.

eddie104

I do think it’s less embarrassing to delay MMRR than RotR. I had been under the impression that D23 was not possible for DL as some had suggested, but January is laughably bad. At least for once, WDW will get first dibs. We’ve been the ugly stepchild for years.

I had originally expected our entire land right around December 1 until they decided on the split opening, so WDW appears to have stayed on target pretty well.
This ugly step child thing is getting old. Like literally when is the last WDW and DL opened the same lands together ?

Stripes

I’d expect hours extensions for WDW in December now.

Should be a particularly crowded holiday season at WDW.

I know I’ll get flamed for this, but I hope there is an upcharge so I can guarantee entry. Should be a zoo at Christmas.
To be quite honest, looking at the Florida aerials has me biting my nails. There's still a lot of theming to be done. @marni1971 They're not taking any shortcuts with the theming in Florida, are they?

jt04

Where do you see that? I don't remember these things.

Bleed0range

Likely because you spend too much time reading anonymous posts on social media.

I don’t think the delayed opening of ROTR being announced by Disney counts as anonymous. The fact that there are so many “anonymous social media” posts complaining in the first place is because they f’d up this lands opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom