Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk have the advantage of walking over. I'm betting they block the path overnight. But maybe not. People could be queuing overnight.

DCLcruiser

Am I correct that so far no extra ticket is required...Just go to DHS and hope to be let inside the land (or the DLR Virtual Queue system)?

nickys

Premium Member
Is that always the case? I thought with the last one or two, there were targeted tracked links.

I'm only basing that on what I've heard from others because the last time, I tried, I heard about it here and it was full at that point. They didn't send my email until the following day so it didn't end up mattering either way for me.

I know of plenty of AP holders who registered for Pandora previews without having received an email. Some later got an email, many others never did.

I know of plenty of AP holders who registered for Pandora previews without having received an email. Some later got an email, many others never did.
I am a first time passholder and was wondering how the pandora preview worked. I will be down at WDW around the time the previews may happen and I just have no idea what to look for or where to go once it is announce. What did they do with Pandora?

nickys

Premium Member
I am a first time passholder and was wondering how the pandora preview worked. I will be down at WDW around the time the previews may happen and I just have no idea what to look for or where to go once it is announce. What did they do with Pandora?

For Pandora, they announced that there would be both AP and DVC previews, and that emails would be sent out. I think they also gave a few days notice, but I don’t recall how many.

DVC members had to have an onsite stay to register, leading to an almighty scramble for one or two night stays! They could book for anyone on their reservation.

AP holders did not have to have an onsite reservation, and could book for other AP holders, but no non-AP guests were allowed.

Once the first emails were sent out, people posted the link to the special registration page. Anyone could use those links, you did not have to have received an email to use it. Many AP holders and DVC members have problems trying to get emails - if you have ever opted out it can be impossible to opt back in.

AP previews booked out much quicker than the DVC ones. I think there were two (maybe three) time slots per day for AP holders and one for DVC.

MrPromey

Thanks. I think it was both this and the Toy Story land ones that I ran into this with. I found out about them on here and by the time I did, people were reporting them full. I got my email a day or more later and clicked the link anyway (within 10 minutes of it landing in my in-box in the case of the last one) thinking stupidly that they might actually be staggering availability to account for this and nope.

I don't know how it's done but if it's alphabetical, it explains why mine are always late because the first letter of my last name is towards the end.

Hate to say it because I know thousands of other people got to do it but this kind of thing leaves a worse taste in my mouth than them doing nothing at all.

At least this time around, you have to be platinum so I know they specifically don't want me there with my piddly little gold pass instead of missing out on even having a crack at it because of a poorly managed process. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Thanks. I think it was both this and the Toy Story land ones that I ran into this with. I found out about them on here and by the time I did, people were reporting them full. I got my email a day or more later and clicked the link anyway (within 10 minutes of it landing in my in-box in the case of the last one) thinking stupidly that they might actually be staggering availability to account for this and nope.

I don't know how it's done but if it's alphabetical, it explains why mine are always late because the first letter of my last name is towards the end.

Hate to say it because I know thousands of other people got to do it but this kind of thing leaves a worse taste in my mouth than them doing nothing at all.

At least this time around, you have to be platinum so I know they specifically don't want me there with my piddly little gold pass instead of missing out of even having a crack at it because of a poorly managed process. :rolleyes:
I get your point completely!
I rarely get communications from AP or DVC. My last name begins with an "A" and still... nope!

Last edited:

Angry Warlock

At least this time around, you have to be platinum so I know they specifically don't want me there with my piddly little gold pass instead of missing out on even having a crack at it because of a poorly managed process. :rolleyes:

You think you've got it bad ? Imagine what its like for poor Mr. Zzzzzzzyyyxxx. He's always last.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
So I’m going to eat my words when I said I wouldn’t be back to WDW until 2021.

Might be going during SWGE’s opening weekend with the best friend (who was literally at Disneyland during the opening of SWGE).

Currently have two rooms for the week prior and into the weekend. AP holder and this will be last chance on this pass before it expires for the year. Have a now 3 y/o that doesn’t have a pass (because he was free until last Tuesday), so hopefully that won’t create an issue since he’s too small to ride MFSR. If we can’t get in for preview, probably going to cancel this reservation. I don’t wanna face those crowds with a three year old, when we’re traveling from out of state. Hopefully announcements will happen soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom