Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree. Although in the case of Star Wars I think the goal was to avoid the rides theme selves from breaking the immersion. So everything is done in a way that it feels completely in world and not like a ride in the world. You are flying the “actual” falcon. In the case of Rise nothing feels like a ride but rather all in world experiences. Which is why trackless was imperative for this experience. I’m not sure a rollercoaster would world have worked the same. As wonderful as Hagrid is, it’s still on a giant visible track.

I agree, it would be hard to work into Star Wars land, indoor coaster might be possible, but outside probably not. I was just challenging the assertion that coasters have no place in Disney parks.

mhaftman7

So this has probably been addressed countless times, but any idea if they will be doing a soft opening? We go the 17th to the 24th. I’d love to check it out, but if we have to wait until next trip, it is what it is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So this has probably been addressed countless times, but any idea if they will be doing a soft opening? We go the 17th to the 24th. I’d love to check it out, but if we have to wait until next trip, it is what it is.

The Aug 29 date is pretty much a soft opening to begin with since RotR isn't done (nor the table service restaurant). It's also opening about a month and a half from what was the likely "Fall" (or even "Late Fall") date. It's unlikely it will open earlier.

mhaftman7

The Aug 29 date is pretty much a soft opening to begin with since RotR isn't done (nor the table service restaurant). It's also opening about a month and a half from what was the likely "Fall" (or even "Late Fall") date. It's unlikely it will open earlier.

Thank you very much. I’m excited to see it, but not excited to be in the middle of that mad dash of being first to experience it.

drod1985

OR a pod racing ride like Radiator Springs Racers! Not a coaster, and I’m not sure there’s enough room...but I think it could be cool, and fit into the land nicely

Pod Racing is a great idea and would give the Prequel fans some love. If it's RSR style they could do a decent job hiding the track. And it'd give the land a ride that's partially outdoors, which would be a nice change of pace. Really dig this.

Now if there is space to fit it - that's a whole other story.

durangojim

Looks like they might do AP previews prior to Aug 29 per some other sites.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Well, I'll be...

In addition, we’re excited to share that Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with special preview opportunities planned before the land’s opening on Aug. 29. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date.
Best be checking one's email regularly...

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Yeah, I rarely get e-mails regarding Annual Pass benefits. Heck, I haven't even received the last 2 Mickey Monitor printed newsletters...

I'll be there Aug 19-27. Fingers crossed, I'll get the "Golden Ticket" (e-mail)! 🤞😅

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, I rarely get e-mails regarding Annual Pass benefits. Heck, I haven't even received the last 2 Mickey Monitor printed newsletters...

I'll be there Aug 19-27. Fingers crossed, I'll get the "Golden Ticket" (e-mail)! 🤞😅

You don’t need an email to register, you just need to see the information in time. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog, for example, as well as any tracking threads around.

durangojim

You don’t need an email to register, you just need to see the information in time. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog, for example, as well as any tracking threads around.
It would be a bummer for anyone who's out of state but an AP holder to plan a trip around this and then not be able to get in to Galaxy's edge. Makes me kind of glad that we'll be there for the "official" opening even though we'll be wrestling with the crowds. Or maybe not, who knows?

Kamikaze

To be clear: The TSR isn't even being constructed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom