Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
Curious...What do you consider to be a “manageable wait”?
60mins for headliners is normal... 120 is busy but normal... 150+ sucks, but if that's peak and something you expect to go down after the first 1-3 years... that's pretty much fine too.

The hard truth is 120mins is not abnormal for the most popular attractions. That's convention people are accustomed to.

erasure fan1

I don't think the land is under built. I'm very impressed by its size.
By underbuilt, I mean capacity of things to do vs demand, not the actual land size. I don't see demand slowing down anytime soon, especially in WDW. If they open the land with everything done, you at least have the extra capacity of RotR and the land would feel complete. I guess we'll see how it goes in WDW, but I doubt it goes better. If you limit the land even more, mad guests. Let too many in, mad guests.

drod1985

A bar takes up a minute amount of space compared to a ride, especially an E-ticket. The amount of square feet would be equivalent to 1 larger scene in a dark ride, including BOH support.

Well on top of that there is already the space behind Oga's that was originally reserved for the TSR. So the attraction expansion pads can stay in tact, the TSR expansion space could get a shake up though.

If you limit the land even more, mad guests. Let too many in, mad guests.

People seem pretty satisfied with the 4 hour window reservation window. It seems like most have to make a choice between Oga's or Savi's, but it's possible to do both, Smuggler's Run, eat, and explore the land in those 4 hours.

nokahoma

“Insulted by a CM”? Cmon, if that CM’s comment is what someone considers an insult, they’ve got a larger issue. It wasn’t even something like “Man, you suck at piloting the Falcon!” It was a simple comment on the fictional consequence of their singular performance.

Seeing as TSMM is the highest-rated ride in the park and one of the highest at the resort among most age groups, and Buzz is quite popular as well, you really can’t assert that interactive rides in and of themselves are a problem. Smuggler’s Run‘s issues might have more to do with cooperation.

Your last paragraph is a poor jab and an inaccurate generalization because I’ve been plenty critical about SWGE including Smuggler’s Run on these boards. It has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

Those "insults" are a standard part of the attraction, from what I could tell. Rode it a few times and every time a CM had a quip about our performance. There's also recorded announcements in the hallway while you exit about how banged up the ship is.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

One of the insiders already stated DHS will use a virtual queue system for the land.

And in regards to building additional cantinas and light saber experiences you have to remember that what is happening right now isn’t an accurate representation of what it will be like in a year or two. After all the crazies and AP’ers make that “gotta be there first” visit things will level out. Look at the banshee experience at DAK. It went from long lines, sold out, can’t keep em in stock to a ghost town. Obviously Star Wars is way more popular than Avatar but it will eventually level out. And I wouldn’t want them to waste space in the land that could be used for future expansion with attractions and new experiences just to increase capacity to build your own lightsaber.

TJJohn12

Look at the banshee experience at DAK. It went from long lines, sold out, can’t keep em in stock to a ghost town....

Small chunk of evidence toward this from late May on shopDisney:

erasure fan1

I have no confidence that DHS will effectively manage the crowds for anything. It will be a free for all, and it will be a disaster. Hope I am wrong.
You probably won't be wrong. Disney messed this up bad from a logistics standpoint by closing attractions instead of adding. There is no reason great movie ride couldn't have stayed open and Mickey gets his own building. At least at Disneyland the rest of the park is fantastic if star wars is unbearable. Not so much at the studios.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Small chunk of evidence toward this from late May on shopDisney:
View attachment 379740

Precisely. Once you have a shoulder banshee, who needs another? Once you have a light saber, who needs another? Once you have droid, you need to collect all the other droids and every personality chip combination so that they can keep one another company while you're at work.

Lensman

Precisely. Once you have a shoulder banshee, who needs another? Once you have a light saber, who needs another? Once you have droid, you need to collect all the other droids and every personality chip combination so that they can keep one another company while you're at work.
Genius!

One minor point: Ideally, I'd like two lightsabers, not one. Actually, at least one per family member (minus one since Mrs. "Who's Yoda?" Lensman need not apply).

CinematicFusion

As cool as Galaxy's Edge is...and it's great. Theming is amazing....I do wish there would have been 5-10 droids that constantly roam the streets...and 5 well themed drones that hovered around and made star wars type sounds. Also...it would have been cool to have some more animatronic characters in key places like the cantina. Maybe with future expansions.

Annual puppeteer/drone pilot salary is $50,000.00 so I'm sure that has a lot to do with the no robots and drones.
Also drones could be a potential risk for guest...and that could scare Disney away from doing that.... but I guess theoretically they could fly the drones over the service areas.

It's possible when the new ride opens, the above thoughts will be muted. I hear the ride is beyond state of the art.

Last edited:

Stripes

As cool as Galaxy's Edge is...and it's great. Theming is amazing....I do wish there would have been 5-10 droids that constantly roam the streets...and 5 well themed drones that hovered around and made star wars type sounds. Also...it would have been cool to have some more animatronic characters in key places like the cantina. Maybe with future expansions.

Annual puppeteer/drone pilot salary is $50,000.00 so I'm sure that has a lot to do with the no robots and drones.
Also drones could be a potential risk for guest...and that could scare Disney away from doing that.... but I guess theoretically they could fly the drones over the service areas.

It's possible when the new ride opens, the above thoughts will be muted. I hear the ride is beyond state of the art.
I believe the rumor is that the roaming droids are still coming, but they haven't been deployed due to the crowds. If I'm wrong on this, I hope someone will correct me.

erasure fan1

I do wish there would have been 5-10 droids that constantly roam the streets...
They said roaming droids but I never thought that would happen. The solution is so simple. You just needed to have droids free roaming areas not accessible. You put them on a path, just like in a ride, so it seems like they are out and about. But really it is a very controlled environment. If they did that in a bunch of spots around the land, people would have completely lost their minds.

doctornick

Those "insults" are a standard part of the attraction, from what I could tell. Rode it a few times at the press day and every time a CM had a quip about our performance. There's also recorded announcements in the hallway while you exit about how banged up the ship is.

Well, it is a hunk of junk you're flying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom