Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

kevlightyear

Posting some pics of the architecture here as well as the DL thread...
EDIT: added spoiler tags

This is the entrance to RotR

Last edited:

Incomudro

Posting some pics of the architecture here as well as the DL thread...
View attachment 375841

View attachment 375842

This is the entrance to RotR
View attachment 375843

View attachment 375846

View attachment 375847

This is done much like Africa and India in AK, with the wires crumbling facades etc., it's excellent.
It really looks like a genuine foreign land (just one located a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) and not some homage to a movie in a theme park.

kevlightyear

Ok, last bunch--how about some droids?

EDIT: added spoiler tags

I'm fairly certain this guy is in Ronto Roasters

...and Rex!
All of the pictures I've posted were found in the app files of the recent version of Play Disney Parks.

Last edited:

sedati

This is the mystery building attached to the garage. Anyone know what's inside. I think it's too big and has too much of an onstage presence to not be a public space. There was mention of some "flex" space, maybe this is what this is. Perhaps it could be quickly fitted to fill various needs- sabre shop, cantina, meet and greet, etc. Any thoughts?

bubbles1812

So Star Wars Land... looks cool! (This is coming from someone who likes but doesn’t love Star Wars).

I was just wondering if there is any ballpark date/month that Rise of the Resistance is projected/speculated to open? How late into this year? I’m going in mid December with a bit of trepidation regarding crowds, so I keep hoping Resistance is open a solid month or so before we go. Sorry, just can’t bring myself to sort through 907 pages...

Goodeone

So Star Wars Land... looks cool! (This is coming from someone who likes but doesn’t love Star Wars).

I was just wondering if there is any ballpark date/month that Rise of the Resistance is projected/speculated to open? How late into this year? I’m going in mid December with a bit of trepidation regarding crowds, so I keep hoping Resistance is open a solid month or so before we go. Sorry, just can’t bring myself to sort through 907 pages...

Latest rumours on here have been a potential December opening, but I'm sure that's very much still up in the air. It honestly seems too early to get a very good read on an even half-way accurate date. I'm going end of October/early November and am trying to hold out some faint hope that it may be open or in a soft preview state.

TJJohn12

Best place to look for that sort of news is always the rumors thread:

Club Cooloholic

Hmm so map shows 2 rides(one not ready), and then a bunch of food places and "2 experiences" That will set you back $100 to $300? I am not in a hurry, I am sure there will be plenty that are, but honestly, I wish they had worked in something for younger kids too, like a play area since there are no longer any in HS

sedati

As per the new Disney park expansion standard...

- Two Rides
- Two Shops
- A bunch of places to eat.

See also: Pandora
- Two Rides
- One Shop
- Two places to eat.

Toy Story Land
- Two Rides (Toy Story Mania doesn't count since that was open already)
- One place to eat
- and they are apparently building a shop one day.

New Fantasy Land
- Two Rides (Under the Sea, Mine Train Coaster) I don't count story time with Belle as a ride.
- Two places to eat (Be our Guest and Gaston's tavern)
- One shop off of Gaston's tavern.

This is the new standard. Where is the innovation?

With all of the places to eat Disney is slowly becoming a giant food court and an expensive outlet mall.
“Hold my beer,” says World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom