Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

kevlightyear

When you say looking at source, are you referring to decompiled source code or actual source code? Re: pre-release, are you referring to stuff that is in the current app but not yet enabled (and might only be enabled with a newer version of the app) or an actual version of the app that hasn’t been released yet?
It would be more accurate to say I'm looking at files included in the app distribution--not actual source code (decompiled or otherwise). It's just simpler to say source.
A lot of the 'games' in the app (like peter pan, space mountain, etc) are organized into .bundle's. There was no swge bundle included in the current version of the app, so it's not that it was disabled. However I did manage to find a link to a 0.0.1 version of such a bundle that MAY be included in the app later. That's why I called it pre-release.

TP2000

Man...this guy hated the place. He was not a fan.

I agree with the others here that this guy is way too young to be so negative and critical of minor details. Especially during a preview session they run specifically to discover and adjust the exact issues that disappointed him; air conditioning levels, queue placement, lighting, etc.

I just don't think he gets it.

But I'd like to meet his criticism with criticism... can we talk about his house? He appears to be filming from his apartment, likely his bedroom. And there's absolutely nothing on the walls except an $8 plastic framed mirror from Target? No pictures, no artwork, no bookcase, not a single shelf with some favorite books, a potted plant and a curated memento or two? He looks mid to late 20's, seems intelligent, and he's got nothing to reflect his personality and interests displayed? That's weird.

Apparently that's because every artist and author and interesting thing on the planet only disappoints him as much as Star Wars Land did.

stretchsje

Are there any references to Thrawn in Galaxy's Edge?

I've been holding off on reading Thrawn: Alliances until now so it'd be fresh in my mind.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

I agree with the others here that this guy is way too young to be so negative and critical of minor details. Especially during a preview session they run specifically to discover and adjust the exact issues that disappointed him; air conditioning levels, queue placement, lighting, etc.

I just don't think he gets it.

But I'd like to meet his criticism with criticism... can we talk about his house? He appears to be filming from his apartment, likely his bedroom. And there's absolutely nothing on the walls except an $8 plastic framed mirror from Target? No pictures, no artwork, no bookcase, not a single shelf with some favorite books, a potted plant and a curated memento or two? He looks mid to late 20's, seems intelligent, and he's got nothing to reflect his personality and interests displayed? That's weird.

Apparently that's because every artist and author and interesting thing on the planet only disappoints him as much as Star Wars Land did.
He has violated BRAND LOYALTY.

Look, I don’t care what his criticisms are. I haven’t even watched the video. They’re probably nonsense, an attempt to get clicks by being negative about something eagerly anticipated.

But...

Attacking him personally because he said bad things about the megacorp is a really bad look. Critique his critique, don’t start poking at his room or his age (young people can’t be hypercritical? That’s... a weird view.). Doing that starts to make your position weaker and his (nonsensical as it may be) stronger.

voodoo321

I'm concerned when they talk about how small the shops are as well as how narrow the hallways and ride vehicles are in SR at DL. Since the land at DHS is going to be considerably smaller, that must mean that all these things will be squinched even tighter at WDW. I'm not going to enjoy being crammed into a tiny little cockpit with 5 other people.

peter11435

I'm concerned when they talk about how small the shops are as well as how narrow the hallways and ride vehicles are in SR at DL. Since the land at DHS is going to be considerably smaller that must mean that all these things will be squinched even tighter at WDW. I'm not going to enjoy being crammed into a tiny little cockpit with 5 other people.
Why do you think anything at DHS will be smaller?

BMP

I'm concerned when they talk about how small the shops are as well as how narrow the hallways and ride vehicles are in SR at DL. Since the land at DHS is going to be considerably smaller, that must mean that all these things will be squinched even tighter at WDW. I'm not going to enjoy being crammed into a tiny little cockpit with 5 other people.

I honestly did not find the shops / market place too small... maybe for the 1st few months... but I see the market place as one shop with multiple bays that sell different mercahndise.

The actually market place has a lot of space and detail that is insane... it was one of my favorite places to explore.

The hall leading to the falcon... yeah that is really tight... could get interesting if you waited for 120 minutes, are almost there and it’s hot...

TP2000

Attacking him personally because he said bad things about the megacorp is a really bad look. Critique his critique, don’t start poking at his room or his age (young people can’t be hypercritical? That’s... a weird view.). Doing that starts to make your position weaker and his (nonsensical as it may be) stronger.

The fun thing is that I am old and wisened and thus could care less what my "position" is. I'll let my words speak for themselves here.

If you are going to post videos on YouTube from your bedroom, so that the 3 Billion people in the Free World with Internet access can watch you (the Communist Chinese won't let their citizens watch YouTube, so there's a Billion less audience members he doesn't have to worry about) then I get to critique your bedroom. Especially when your words fall flat or seem as silly as his do. He seems oddly bitter, and his apartment/bedroom sucks.

This guy has been bitter about anything Disney does for the last two years because he was fired from Disneyland. He constantly critiques every decision they make. I’m surprised anyone even invited him as their “plus one”. Just putting that out there.

Ooooohhhhh! Okay, now things are becoming a bit clearer. He's a former Disneyland CM who got fired? And now he gets back at them by critiquing the level of air conditioning in the shops during a CM Preview? Got it.

If I were him, I would have at least made my video environment look reasonably comfortable and modestly affluent. Instead of the bare yellowish white walls of a 12x14 foot bedroom in some bland 1980's apartment block in Fullerton. If he's trying to convince his former coworkers and employer that he has successfully moved on with his life, his sad bedroom with the $8 mirror on the wall isn't helping his case.

Last edited:

note2001

Yeah, that’s not true.

The shops, rides, ride vehicles etc are exactly the same size on both coasts.
And that's the singular problem I have with this as a fan of the original series of movies.
The two coasts will have identical Galaxy Edges.

My brain just won't allow that. SW is real man. There can't be two of the same place.

“I used to wonder about that myself. Thought it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. A magical power holding together good and evil, the dark side and the light? Crazy thing is, it’s true. The Force, the Jedi — all of it. It’s all true.”

Kiwiduck

This guy has been bitter about anything Disney does for the last two years because he was fired from Disneyland. He constantly critiques every decision they make. I’m surprised anyone even invited him as their “plus one”. Just putting that out there.
I don't disagree with you at all, I never thought I'd hear anyone describe Disney's rockwork in such a bitter manner, but how do you know this stuff about him? He has one youtube subscriber, is it you? 😉

dlr74

I don't disagree with you at all, I never thought I'd hear anyone describe Disney's rockwork in such a bitter manner, but how do you know this stuff about him? He has one youtube subscriber, is it you? 😉
Haha, no. We used to work in the same area at Disneyland before he got fired. I wasn’t expecting to see him in a video on this forum (especially a WDW thread), but when I played the video, realized who it was, and heard him criticizing everything, I wasn’t surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom