Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I still can’t figure out where that is at DHS though.

The second picture, with added coloured outlines is at DL. And I thought that where the Rivers of America is would be roughly where TSL is at DHS.

Extrapolating from that assumption, I placed Oga’s slap bang in the middle of GE at DHS. As in, half way between TSL and the big ride buildings. But clearly it isn’t!

DL and DHS are nearly identical, so, DL's version should be informative, but, here's DHS's in context... (Oga in red, empty TSR lot in yellow)

nickys

Premium Member
DL and DHS are nearly identical, so, DL's version should be informative, but, here's DHS's in context... (Oga in red, empty TSR lot in yellow)

View attachment 373594

Ahhhh!

Well that explains it. I thought that the building in the middle with what looks like a domed roof with an odd shaped building attached to it was Oga’s. And that the TSR was going to be in the empty ground surrounded by the green trucks.

Thanks!

kthomas105

I'm sad that it appears the building on the far right, that serves as the third entrance to the DL version, will not be similarly accessible at DHS. I had assumed all along that they would atleast connect a path to it so you could still walk through but based on the latest photos it appears that the area on the far right (where the large yellow arrow is) may just be used as backstage.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think he was talking about DL, where if you have an onsite room booked you get a SW:GE reservation slot.

Hm. I see where it could be read either way. @Kman101 - can you clarify what you were talking about? If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

I like the idea of opening at 6am instead of the reservation system very few can take part in, but of course if you have a $600 room a night you can get in

TP2000

Disneyland has started employee previews today, and this morning they took a big group photo of the opening team of Star Wars Land.

Mr. Damaro, the Disneyland President, posted this photo to his Twitter.

Again, this is Disneyland, but it's a great view of how the finished product will look like swarmed with thousands of customers. Just add about 3,000 strollers and 2,000 electric mobility scooters to this photo. :cool:

D7B0tmNUEAARGm9.jpg

kevlightyear

I've been doing some digging through the Play Disney Parks app source. Here are some images I found. I haven't been following the SWGE threads, so these might be old news, but here they are anyway.

If you look at the top left corner of the big blue case here you can see an example of the 'barcode'/'qr' code that will be used in the app.
Antiquarian_Crates(0138).jpg

This is labeled the Antiquarian.
Antiquarian(29F8).png

This is the droid depot.
droid-depot(0113).jpg

Let me know if you'd like to see more.

CinematicFusion

Unrelated
And just like Last Jedi.... all the fake audience reviews have attacked Game of Thrones Season 8...it’s at 37% in the audience section....has to be bots. Just like Last Jedi. Can’t believe these small vocal minorities in fandom carry so much weight. Again....super tiny small.
It’s amazing...same people. Friends, family, co-workers...blogs and pod casts...all have the same opinion about Last Jedi and season 8 of Thrones. Crazy. Can’t believe they dislike it so much....luckily it’s a very tiny group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom