Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ChewbaccaYourMum

There has been no confirmation or valid evidence that the trilogy was cancelled.
Yes I know, but according to very valid sources it's gone.

Also, Disney release dates for upcoming movies and there's a three year gap, I believe it was, between episode 9 and a new trilogy. That trilogy has been 100% confirmed as the one being made by the Game of Thrones people. There's no sign of any other trilogy.

drod1985

"Very valid sources" claimed Kennedy was getting fired last year too, and look where we are now.

Also, Disney release dates for upcoming movies and there's a three year gap, I believe it was, between episode 9 and a new trilogy. That trilogy has been 100% confirmed as the one being made by the Game of Thrones people. There's no sign of any other trilogy.

Can you point me to 100% confirmation of those release dates being tied to the Benioff and Weiss films? Because as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a single indication of that - and I follow these pretty closely.

If anything, it's more likely that the three dates given are for Rian's films, as the announcement of his films have always been framed as a trilogy while Benioff and Weiss' films were always framed as a series. Two distinct terms applied to the different projects.

On top of that, it's possible that the projects are merging, as at Star Wars Celebration Kathleen Kennedy said Johnson was working with Benioff and Weiss as well.

I've got mixed feelings about TLJ, so I don't firmly stand in the pro-TLJ/RJ camp or the anti-TLJ/RJ camp. But if you're gonna fuss about it please fuss with facts.

peter11435

I wouldn’t consider any sources on the topic ‘very valid’ at this point. It’s all speculation based on circumstantial evidence.

There’s a lot missing on Disney’s release schedule beyond 2022. Surely you know they will be releasing more than one film a year in 2023 and beyond.

Nothing has been 100% confirmed.

Certainly the Johnson trilogy may not happen. But there are many reasons why it could get cancelled. Poor reception by some fans and viewers could be a factor. But doesn’t change that they represent a small minority of viewers.

ChewbaccaYourMum

"Very valid sources" claimed Kennedy was getting fired last year too, and look where we are now.

Can you point me to 100% confirmation of those release dates being tied to the Benioff and Weiss films? Because as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a single indication of that - and I follow these pretty closely.

If anything, it's more likely that the three dates given are for Rian's films, as the announcement of his films have always been framed as a trilogy while Benioff and Weiss' films were always framed as a series. Two distinct terms applied to the different projects.

On top of that, it's possible that the projects are merging, as at Star Wars Celebration Kathleen Kennedy said Johnson was working with Benioff and Weiss as well.

I've got mixed feelings about TLJ, so I don't firmly stand in the pro-TLJ/RJ camp or the anti-TLJ/RJ camp. But if you're gonna fuss about it please fuss with facts.
From what I've seen it was the Game of Thrones people making the new trilogy, I honestly don't care that much to know if where I heard it from is true or not, I was just replying what I heard was 100% true and I went with that. You can put me in the camp that doesn't like TLJ and honestly I've been so off put by Star Wars ever since and haven't really been looking info up that much since then. This is coming from someone who grew up with the franchise and would consider it in my top franchises (other than the last jedi movie lol).

I apologize for saying "100%" as nothing is ever truly 100%. Again, that's what I heard and from people who liked the last jedi and Rian Johnson and they were upset that their sources confirmed it. I heard all this from the John Campea Show on youtube btw, and apparently his sources are very good as he's pretty big in the movie industry and knows a lot of people and LOVES star wars.

righttrack

im getting agita just thinking about waiting in line to experience SWGE and my planned trip isnt until december..

is there a support group i can attend online?

My advice is to train up now. Got three transactions to do at the bank? Wait in line, get one transaction done, then get back in line, do the second one and so on. Same for groceries. Limit yourself to a small basket and get in line multiple times.

drod1985

From what I've seen it was the Game of Thrones people making the new trilogy, I honestly don't care that much to know if where I heard it from is true or not, I was just replying what I heard was 100% true and I went with that... I apologize for saying "100%" as nothing is ever truly 100%.

Okay - thanks for the apology. Misinformation is a problem that is exponentially worsened due to the internet, so claiming info is 100% certain when it's an unsubstantiated rumor just contributes to the problem.

I heard all this from the John Campea Show on youtube btw, and apparently his sources are very good as he's pretty big in the movie industry and knows a lot of people and LOVES star wars.

I know Campea from his days on AMC Movie Talk, which was then Collider, and now his solo gig. His track record regarding Star Wars scoops is absolutely dreadful, and he runs with anything he can just to get the views. He's connected in terms of media and journalism, but he seems to only masquerade as an inside-industry-informant. I wouldn't trust his info at all. If you want just a recent example go find his list of supposed purposed Episode IX titles, they're totally off base.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Okay - thanks for the apology. Misinformation is a problem that is exponentially worsened due to the internet, so claiming info is 100% certain when it's an unsubstantiated rumor just contributes to the problem.

I know Campea from his days on AMC Movie Talk, which was then Collider, and now his solo gig. His track record regarding Star Wars scoops is absolutely dreadful, and he runs with anything he can just to get the views. He's connected in terms of media and journalism, but he seems to only masquerade as an inside-industry-informant. I wouldn't trust his info at all. If you want just a recent example go find his list of supposed purposed Episode IX titles, they're totally off base.
Thanks for that info. I've recently been into his show and it helps me get through my work day, watching it at 12 everyday lol. I guess now I should know he's not on the money with that stuff even though he did say he got it from his "sources". And he seemed pretty sad about it because John did like TLJ a lot and likes Rian Johnson, so I didn't think he would just make that up for views since he really wants Rians trilogy to happen and mentions that on his show a lot.

Mike S

Perhaps you should try cutting off tangents when they start, and not when you hear a view you don't like.
I did.
No it was JJ who said he collaborated with George on how to bring back Palpatine. George could’ve given some pointers on Luke too like the story of how he gave input on one scene in Solo while he was visiting the set.

And why are you trying to start a LJ debate here? Didn’t we both get talked to about this before?
How about we’ll never actually know one way or another? Yes?
Maybe you guys shouldn’t have started it up again.

Lensman

Perhaps you should try cutting off tangents when they start, and not when you hear a view you don't like.
I did.

Maybe you guys shouldn’t have started it up again.
Still, I consider it bad form to *respond* to an off-topic argument and *then* to try to make sure you're the one who gets the last word by saying it is off-topic and that we need to get back to the original topic.

Now, let's get back to Star Wars Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom