Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Surferboy567

“Four hours is a long time in the land,” Theiler said. “Most guests are going to find that they’re ready to roll after four hours.”

I spent 8 hours in Pandora during previews.

I really really like Pandora....how did you spend 8 hours in that land? It’s a great land but 8 hours I’m not sure. Star Wars is a different beast I don’t think 4 hours is enough at all.

Texas84

I really really like Pandora....how did you spend 8 hours in that land? It’s a great land but 8 hours I’m not sure. Star Wars is a different beast I don’t think 4 hours is enough at all.
Passholder preview. FoP 5 times, NRJ 4 times, relaxing lunch at the Canteen, lots of exploring, lots of photos. The final FoP after drinks at Pongu Pongu. A great day.

I'm gonna need a few days in SWGE.

drod1985

I spent 8 hours in Pandora during previews.

Was that 4 hours in line for FOP, 2 hours in line for NRJ, an hour eating at SC, and an hour just looking around? I can't imagine spending 8 hours in Pandora, there's nowhere near as much to do or look at as there is/will be in GE.

Texas84

Was that 4 hours in line for FOP, 2 hours in line for NRJ, an hour eating at SC, and an hour just looking around? I can't imagine spending 8 hours in Pandora, there's nowhere near as much to do or look at as there is/will be in GE.
All walk-ons except for one FoP where it closed for a while.

Surferboy567

Passholder preview. FoP 5 times, NRJ 4 times, relaxing lunch at the Canteen, lots of exploring, lots of photos. The final FoP after drinks at Pongu Pongu. A great day.

I'm gonna need a few days in SWGE.

That’s fair...FoP is my favorite theme park ride of all time currently (I can see Galaxy’s Edge topping it though). The rock work in Pandora is something to behold.

Surferboy567

Surprised that this hasn't been posted yet. It will be interesting tracking arrival time v. entry time. Also, curious if they will implement any other restrictions (one ride per attraction).

Happy someone brought this up as for how I feel about it I’m not really sure it’s good and bad. Reservations could be a detriment to the experience not a fan of the timed windows. I understand why it’s in place but I want to personally spend a ton of time in Galaxy’s Edge (saber building, rides, food, other merch, and eventually RoTR)

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Happy someone brought this up as for how I feel about it I’m not really sure it’s good and bad. Reservations could be a detriment to the experience not a fan of the timed windows. I understand why it’s in place but I want to personally spend a ton of time in Galaxy’s Edge (saber building, rides, food, other merch, and eventually RoTR)

I think it's a good thing. We should get a good idea from Anaheim how quickly boarding passes run out, and we should be able to plan according. For example, if I plan on entering DHS at 8AM and typically that provides a 1PM return time. I can book fast passes for the morning and plan on lunch and enter in the afternoon. Should make a chaotic situation a little bit more manageable.

Surferboy567

I think it's a good thing. We should get a good idea from Anaheim how quickly boarding passes run out, and we should be able to plan according. For example, if I plan on entering DHS at 8AM and typically that provides a 1PM return time. I can book fast passes for the morning and plan on lunch and enter in the afternoon. Should make a chaotic situation a little bit more manageable.

In theory, it’s good but I was thinking about and something I forget to mention in my original response what stops them from attaching timed windows to your “boarding party” (great name btw). Then we run into some problems...that’s the only thing that worries me.

IMDREW

Is DHS getting any limit to the time you can be in the land? If I were to enter in the morning I’d definitely stay till close. But if a lot of people do that, others can’t enter the land the rest of the day..

Rteetz

New images

0E6653C7-8F5D-4086-9BD7-59BB72EF52E4.jpeg
B0F22E73-6DB1-4062-8504-F23E83DBEA06.jpeg
EAA433F6-2D08-4C1C-9C8A-29F8A0ED7471.jpeg
FF95A525-7433-493D-B334-B328FB65E8B2.jpeg
96DE41D4-6153-468A-8569-943354B1F3DD.jpeg
0893C1D7-B6B5-4EAB-BE23-2BDADC60E438.jpeg
455B7D9E-701D-41D9-AA0B-57A07AEE2FE0.jpeg
9096CE83-AB15-44FC-ACEB-0B39D6CB865C.jpeg
0BE91A7D-42E8-408C-A06E-1E5F7F923C53.jpeg
65A668A7-F49D-4DB2-A33A-31D4340FCD39.jpeg

ThemedScream

Once the virtual queue system kicks in after June 23rd, there won't be a time limit in the land. Per the article:

"Back to Galaxy's Edge, once you are inside — via the virtual queue or directly — there will be no time limit on how long you can stay inside Galaxy's Edge. The four-hour limit that Disneyland is enforcing during the reservation-only period comes to an end on June 23."

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Tested the ride today and got one ride in each position.
Some thoughts:
Thanks! Can you go into detail about how the assign roles for the ride, or did they not do that for you? I can see a family of four (husband, wife, and two kids) battling it out with a party of two for who gets to do what.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom