Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

Chris Beatty is involved. Did you expect things to open at the same time?
;)

1555881050178.png
Rocks on sticks.

drod1985

Anyone know if someone captured the video loop on display at the Galaxy's Edge booth at SWCC?

Watching skywalkingthroughneverland's interview you can see it playing behind them:

You can see some new details in the footage. Doug Chaing is seen checking out some full sized props including the object SWGalaxysEdge dentified as our escape pod:
View attachment 366672
You can also see that along with the large tie to the left (impressive, but not actually full-sized) that we will see in the hangar, there are some smaller fins (behind the lady below) that make me think we may see some as forced-perpective elements elsewhere

You can see a second TIE Fighter behind the one in the hangar (literally behind it, engine to windshield) - good chance that the forced perspective wing is from the second TIE.

sedati

You can see a second TIE Fighter behind the one in the hangar (literally behind it, engine to windshield) - good chance that the forced perspective wing is from the second TIE.

Good eye, I never noticed it there in the early cgi promo. doesn’t seem like it could fit in the finished set, but we’ll see. It doesn't show up in the drawing, but I'm not sure which came first:

Last edited:

sedati

I wonder if you will leave the breifing room and walk directly into the waiting transport ship. I would imagine the illusion would work best if you go from indoors out and directly into the transport ship. This way you don't stand outside and watch countless people load the transport ahead of you without "taking off" only to enter the ship and "take off" with far less people than you saw enter. (does that make sense? it did in my mind). It seems, at least to me that this outdoor section will be its own show scene not just another holding room, thus allowing for a sequence of events to take place such as Poe's fighter preparing for take off as you suggested. It would be very Star Wars like to receive a briefing and then load a transport in a hurried pace (obviously they wont let you run to the ship as one would in the movies). Just my thoughts sorry if this has already been stated/ confirmed, I've followed this thread closely but couldn't be sure if this had been stated before.
There are two sets of doors leading into that area making me think there will be two identical pre-show rooms. I 100% agree that watching a group ahead of you would kill the illusion, along with any sense of urgency that I believe the pre-show will create.

matt9112

View attachment 366826

View attachment 366827
Good eye, I never noticed it there in the early cgi promo. doesn’t seem like it could fit in the finished set, but we’ll see. It doesn't show up in the drawing, but I'm not sure which came first:
View attachment 366950

the top i think is the realistic way the ties are stored and deployed they are on racks of sorts and pilots drop into them. the bottom photo looks unrealistic and set piece level stuff. theres clearly no way for ties to be behind that one. nor is there a way for that one to have pilots access unless you use extreme liberty and say theres a door in the (wall) area. so in summary bottom photo shows a single tie inaccessible for a pilot taking up valuable space in a poor way inside of a ship but in a way thats good eye candy.

Lensman

I really need guidance on what the local culture sees as the acceptable response to “May the force be with you.” Is it the new-fangled “And with your spirit?” Or is it the traditional post-Vatican-II “And also with you?”

*That* is the chart I need.
Or you could go with either the classic "Always" or the irreverent "I know".

sedati

I really need guidance on what the local culture sees as the acceptable response to “May the force be with you.”
The only proper response I know of is a solemn, acknowledging nod.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom