Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

Just read at the Site That Cannot Be Named that, contrary to previous plans, roaming droids will not be present when Star Wars Land opens.
I believe nothing that site says.

Well, it was recently confirmed by an Imagineer and posted in this very thread just a few pages back.

• The reason the self-controlled droids have been delayed in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is because of the large crowds they’re expecting. So they should make an appearance later, whenever crowds lessen.

Luxe

I'm positive it's been mentioned before but does anyone have a photo of where any future expansion pads would be located, if any at all?

drod1985

I'm positive it's been mentioned before but does anyone have a photo of where any future expansion pads would be located, if any at all?

There's diagrams and square footage info and such further back in the thread, but it's essentially the berm/border between GE and TSM/the former Pixar Place, partially seen here in this bioreconstruct aerial photo.

D2buje1WsAEFcS9.jpg

Smooth

Is it assumed that WDW will also operate on a reservation only basis when it is open?

By: Claire Bilby, Senior Vice President, Sales, Services and Events, Disney Destinations
April 19, 2019

We know that you and your Clients are excited to learn more about how to reserve a spot to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge when it opens at Disneyland Resort on May 31.

As a reminder, to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, Guests will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land.

We wanted you to be among the first to know that information about how to make a reservation will be available soon. Please watch Disney Travel News closely, as it’s almost time to share timing and details on how this reservation process will work. I know you’ll want to provide these details to your Clients as soon as they’re available.

And, don’t forget, Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest). Valid theme park admission is required. Rooms are still available at the Disneyland Resort hotels during this timeframe, and booking a Disneyland room and ticket package for your Clients is still the best option for helping secure access to the new land during this time.

As always, thank you for partnering with us to bring the magic of Disney to your clients. Please stay tuned for all the exciting details!

d7cd62c4-f5ec-41ba-86db-e9db0fc5675e.png

Claire Bilby,
Senior Vice President, Sales, Services & Events

Rteetz

Is it assumed that WDW will also operate on a reservation only basis when it is open?

By: Claire Bilby, Senior Vice President, Sales, Services and Events, Disney Destinations
April 19, 2019

We know that you and your Clients are excited to learn more about how to reserve a spot to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge when it opens at Disneyland Resort on May 31.

As a reminder, to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, Guests will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land.

We wanted you to be among the first to know that information about how to make a reservation will be available soon. Please watch Disney Travel News closely, as it’s almost time to share timing and details on how this reservation process will work. I know you’ll want to provide these details to your Clients as soon as they’re available.

And, don’t forget, Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest). Valid theme park admission is required. Rooms are still available at the Disneyland Resort hotels during this timeframe, and booking a Disneyland room and ticket package for your Clients is still the best option for helping secure access to the new land during this time.

As always, thank you for partnering with us to bring the magic of Disney to your clients. Please stay tuned for all the exciting details!

d7cd62c4-f5ec-41ba-86db-e9db0fc5675e.png

Claire Bilby,
Senior Vice President, Sales, Services & Events
Not like Disneyland but it is expected there will be some sort of virtual queue or way of limiting people into the land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I appreciate the response. However criticism doesn't resonate with me without also offering up a worthwhile solution. A Star Wars Land was always going to be a zoo at opening. It is its destiny so to speak.

Not singling you out, I have been critical of all critics who don't explain how it could or should be done better.

Anyone can Monday morning quarterback.
If anything, this is one franchise that had the best chance of holding it own as a separate gate. Either here, Anaheim, or both. Maybe even partnering with Marvel (though obviously that’s more a west coast thing). IMHO.

jt04

If anything, this is one franchise that had the best chance of holding it own as a separate gate. Either here, Anaheim, or both. Maybe even partnering with Marvel (though obviously that’s more a west coast thing). IMHO.

If they were ever to do another domestic resort this is the franchise to base it on. They also have the option of expanding across World Drive as a separate ticketed boutique type park. I realize these scenarios are at least 10 years away if ever.

drod1985

If they were ever to do another domestic resort this is the franchise to base it on. They also have the option of expanding across World Drive as a separate ticketed boutique type park. I realize these scenarios are at least 10 years away if ever.

I think the "dedicated gate" ship has long sailed though. They've invested what, $1 billion between the two coasts to make Galaxy's Edge an add-on to existing parks? Aside from their respective expansion pads and the Star Wars resort the most we could expect would be a separate phase 2 similar to the WWoHP set up. And that'd be Orlando only, as I don't think they'd be able to find the space for that in Anaheim.

NoChesterHester

Do you know (and can you say) if the TSR has been axed completely or is planned for a later "phase 2" for the land along with the roaming droids, etc.? In other words, has it been cut completely or just delayed?

Recognizing, of course, that even expected/planned things don't always happen.

They left the space... and it is so obviously missing. One would think it is at least still planned or they would reclaim the footprint. Right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom