Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

matt9112

part of me wanted a regular tie....not sure why im not a huge fan of it being an odd ball derivative granted they are CLEARLY locking land into a specific time period so i guess ot must be new movie specific.

if they really wanted to wow SW fans it pwuld have been the tie ceptor....grsnted i have no idea if disney claims those stil exsist.

drod1985

@matt9112 TIE Interceptors absolutely still exist. You see one in TLJ during DJ and Finn’s conversation on war being a profit machine.

Considering the fact that we can see a ramp leading into the back of the TIE Echelon I’m guessing this TIE is going to be serving a purpose a standard TIE couldn’t: allowing characters to board/deboard throughout the day.

Last edited:

MrPromey

The crux of the problem is this reservation system. If their is one very few ppl are going to get to build a saber making others angry causing a slew of problems. If their isn’t the running of the bulls is going to commence and the line to build a saber is going to be to the entrance of HWS (maybe that’s overselling it but you get my point)

If they're charging that much money and crowding continues to be such a problem on this retail experience, I honestly can't imagine a satellite "outpost" wouldn't be heading for Disney Springs somewhere even if it's just a Star Wars gift shop with a striped down version of this stashed inside, somewhere. Even if they wanted to keep this as a "full" experience and wanted to keep it exclusive to park guests, I'm sure they could scan tickets or magic bands and of course, when the resort opens, they'll likely have an experience on-site there for those guests, too.

Point is, it's hard to imagine Disney (especially these days) leaving money on the table if there's a bottleneck here and there is any conceivable way not to.

MrPromey

Perhaps it’s because there is three extra months of time for Florida due to the opening schedule? California has to do all the test and adjust break in in shorter windows. If they open it at the same time as Florida it will seem much later to the locals.

I would guess you're right. Not only 3 months more to deal with it but they won't be breaking any new ground (figurantively speaking) so I'm sure they're already correcting course to deal with issues DL is experiencing as they occur on the west coast to minimize the impact it has on their own 72 hour test over here.

Last edited:

drod1985

If they're charging that much money and crowding continues to be such a problem on this retail experience, I honestly can't imagine a satellite "outpost" wouldn't be heading for Disney Springs somewhere even if it's just a Star Wars gift shop with a striped down version of this stashed inside, somewhere.
Point is, it's hard to imagine Disney (especially these days) leaving money on the table if there's a bottleneck here and there is any conceivable way not to.

I'd be surprised if there weren't already plans for a stripped down version of the experience within or outside of GE. A quick assembly line or two just like the current plastic BYOS experiences. The one issue that might complicate it is the fact that parts are separated into four categories that may not be cross-compatible, so that might require four separate assembly lines.

MrPromey

I'd be surprised if there weren't already plans for a stripped down version of the experience within or outside of GE. A quick assembly line or two just like the current plastic BYOS experiences. The one issue that might complicate it is the fact that parts are separated into four categories that may not be cross-compatible, so that might require four separate assembly lines.

Even if it requires a little more square footage, I can totally see them doing this at least as a short-term thing to handle overflow customers if they feel "valued guests don't get to" part with their money for this while in the land at HS. ;)

sedati

Westcoaster has an update up and I noticed what appears to be bathrooms off the backside of the Resistance queue in the area I have speculated could serve as overflow space (and now possibly overflow toilets).

Last edited:

_bluebird

Westcoaster has an update up and I noticed what appears to be bathrooms off the backside of the Resistance queue in the area I have speculated could serve as overflow space (and now possibly overflow toilets).
View attachment 359619
It's situated right between the Resistance and First Order sections of the queue, so I'd imagine it's probably going to end up being a CM restroom and break area.

Darth Snips

This is an interesting development.
http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/disne...visit-star-wars-galaxys-edge-after-june-23rd/

This is only announced for Disneyland right now, but I imagine WDW will use a similar system.
I can't decide whether this is good news or bad news. On one hand, there won't be 5 hour lines for the land like Hogsmeade. On the other hand, those crowds will now be distributed throughout the park, meaning there will be 5 hour lines for pretty much everything else.... 😕

nickys

Premium Member
Also on the same page is this, which I hadn’t seen.

So they will limit the time you can stay in the land as well. They haven’t decided how long this will be, and no mention of how they intend to implement it. Or whether you’ll be able to re-ride from within the land.

Interesting too that the article claims that WDW have had the “Restroom Pass” since 2017. I thought that was newish?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Also on the same page is this, which I hadn’t seen.

So they will limit the time you can stay in the land as well. They haven’t decided how long this will be, and no mention of how they intend to implement it. Or whether you’ll be able to re-ride from within the land.

Interesting too that the article claims that WDW have had the “Restroom Pass” since 2017. I thought that was newish?

yeah. This is probably a good idea. Don't think DL really has any choice but to do something like this to make it at least a bit manageable.

nickys

Premium Member
yeah. This is probably a good idea. Don't think DL really has any choice but to do something like this to make it at least a bit manageable.

I reluctantly agree. Even I would be happy to stick around in the land for 3-4 hours, and I am no more than a casual Star Wars fan.

But I’d be really annoyed if you’re expected to be out in an hour after riding. The lines at the Cantina could be an hour long!

Rogue1138

I'm going to be at Star Wars Celebration in two weeks and was thinking of doing the Galaxy's Edge panel. The only question I have is does anyone think it would be worth the time? Is there anything we don't know between here and official releases they could possibly show or tell that's new?

drod1985

I'm going to be at Star Wars Celebration in two weeks and was thinking of doing the Galaxy's Edge panel. The only question I have is does anyone think it would be worth the time? Is there anything we don't know between here and official releases they could possibly show or tell that's new?

I bet there's plenty of merch we haven't seen yet! :)

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes

I expect DHS to implement the same system for entry. I am not sure that it makes sense for 10k people to stand outside the entry of SWGE for 12 hours a day. Guests are not spending money if standing in one place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom