Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

winstongator

Assuming the Millenium Falcon smugglers run capacity is 1800/hr and initial park hours including emh is 16 hrs a day, that yields 32,400 riders per day. I imagine DHS daily attendance will be more than that. Will those that don’t get to ride be disappointed or guests that don’t want to ride it (or wait 3-4 hrs) like my younger daughter?

sedati

If you are talking about the first pic then that is a mini First Order Troop Transport that landed the stormtroopers on Jaku. If you are talking about the second picture that is the very lovely, I-100%-have-a-major-crush-on, beautiful Daisy Ridley! *sigh...
Sorry, not the micro-machines pic (but yes, Daisy Ridley is a national- no, international treasure!) I was talking about the first image in my post, the one of the Batuu garage. Between the two speeders there is some sort of white contraption that I can't yet identify. I've edited my post to avoid further confusion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What if I said (once RotR is open) there might be a package that includes FP for both attractions, a meal, and set times for building both a lightsaber and a droid? For approximately 20,000 credits, of course ...

scrooge

Movielover

I noticed something in today's Bioreconstruct pics that makes me think the Orlando blue X-Wing will either be in a different spot than its Anaheim counterpart, or we may just be getting more vehicles in general

It certainly looks like the DHS version is mirrored there. Won't be too different though. Of course the model also has a A-wing sitting there along with the Blue X-wing but that may have been cut since there has not been any photos of A-Wing's built.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not so much when people learn the price...

No, I'm not going to buy you a 150 dollar light sabre just so you can break it in a day!
I see this appealing to adults at least as much, if not more so than kids.

Hubby’s leaning more towards buying a droid, but my 23 year old son is already bugging us to get him a light sabre.

drod1985

So I think the building on the right in this Bioreconstruct pic might be the Milk Stand (Left is Ronto Roasters):

The DL version is near the TIE Echelon, I’d assume the DHS version is close to it as well, rather than near Ronto Roasters.

Regarding Savi’s (is that how you say it?) and the Saber Experience that is in it. The main question is do you need a reservation to be able to build a saber?

If it really only serves 20 people and each experience is 20 minutes then on a 12 hour operating day only 720 folks get to do this.

Even less - it’s 14 builders (+ their families) at a time. That’s 504 people at 20 minutes per session over 12 hours.

Another article did mention purchase being required in order to take part in the experience. So a reservation probably requires at least a $109 down payment on your base saber build.

What about droid depot? No doubt that would be just as crazy.

You’d think, and as mentioned it has been described as an assembly line. But it’s also been said you can take as much time there as you want, so it’s probably a looser non-linear experience.

sedati

it looks great but my ship of choice is still the X-Wing!
Star Wars is littered with an astonishing amount of iconic designs. Here's one that I feel hasn't been given it's due:

A detail that came out during the press visits was that a good chunk of the Falcon queue is Hondo's maintenance bay. A large engine has been shown:

but there's mention of various craft from various eras that has me excited about what could be in there.

sedati

The DL version is near the TIE Echelon, I’d assume the DHS version is close to it as well, rather than near Ronto Roasters.
Where is that location? I'm not always as caught up on that side of things, but I hadn't seen anyone nail this one down.

In the photo I used from Bioreconstuct you can see the area looks very similar to the concept art, and you can even see the structure of the counter. My speculation isn't usually just a guess, I always try to show my work.
Here's the same spot in Anaheim:

I'll happily be corrected if wrong.

Darth Snips

Where is that location? I'm not always as caught up on that side of things, but I hadn't seen anyone nail this one down.

In the photo I used from Bioreconstuct you can see the area looks very similar to the concept art, and you can even see the structure of the counter. My speculation isn't usually just a guess, I always try to show my work.
Here's the same spot in Anaheim:View attachment 359081View attachment 359082
I'll happily be corrected if wrong.

I believe @drod1985 is correct. Several articles from the media blitz mentioned that it was across the street from the TIE Echelon. Plus, this image of the D23 model seems to match with the concept art you provided above.

sedati

I believe @drod1985 is correct. Several articles from the media blitz mentioned that it was across the street from the TIE Echelon. Plus, this image of the D23 model seems to match with the concept art you provided above.
View attachment 359085
Thanks, that definitely shows the blue vessels. Here's an aerial of that location, and we can see a counter installed there as well:

Now I wonder if the courtyard might be used as a queue for a line as this is a small location.
And what about the location I was speculating about before? Popcorn? More milk? Seems a prime location for something.

drod1985

Here's the source and some reference images.

First, the source:

OC Register said:
The Milk Stand will be located in a First Order-controlled sector of the village across from a docked TIE fighter.

Second, an image of the stand and area in the DL GE. You can see the counter and the canopy to the left of the photo.

Third, an image of the the current status of this area courtesy of bioreconstruct, albeit from an alternate viewpoint. The milk stand wouldn't be visible from this photo, couldn't find one at the correct angle.

D2bmKqvW0AAxFaX.jpg:large

Surferboy567

I've heard an interesting rumor over on the Diz Boards...let me make this clear this is a RUMOR I'll post it in it's entirety down below and I would like to hear thoughts on this keep in mind MOST OF THIS INFO IS DISNEYLAND however I can see it spilling over unto HWS. Another thing I'm not even sure that this is legit...you'll see why when you read it (Rise of the Resistance) and without further delay the rumor:

Source: https://www.disboards.com/threads/swge-rumor.3740470/

This is from another website from someone who I think is a cast member but I can't say for sure. But this person tends to know things before hand. But its just a rumor. But a very interesting one!

Westsider

Soon the Disney Parks Blog and a media release will reveal the online process to score a staggered "reservation window" for entrance into Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. But that's just going to be a scam to try and prevent too many AP's from showing up casually before summer blockouts begin on June 24. What's really being planned is that a chunk of the land capacity will be saved each day for a Standby line that will be stacked on the Big Thunder Trail. From May 31 you'll be able to enter the SW:GE Standby line on the Big Thunder Trail and wait to be let into the land in between pulses of reservation holders. The land entrance will be handled like any other Fastpass ride, and the Big Thunder Trail entry caves will be the "merge point" where Standby and Fastpass are allowed in alternately. Leads and managers will use radios to communicate between land entrances and pulse in Guests from the Standby line as reservation holders arrive and depart.

Fastpass won't be offered on Falcon anytime soon, so the SW:GE land entrance will be handled like a Fastpass/Standby entrance instead.

No word on how DAS holders will be given priority land entrance if a Standby line is present, and DAS may be given a Return Time based on the current land Standby wait. But DAS is part of the SW:GE land entrance process when there is a land entry wait and reservation windows are booked out for the day. Guest Relations CM's will be staffing the SW:GE land entrances to be available for DAS assistance and concerns.

The Parks Blog is gonna play it off in their upcoming announcement that a reservation is the ONLY way to get into the land from May 31 to June 23, but that's not the real truth. They'll lowball the number of reservations available daily on purpose and allow in big pulses of non-reservations Guests, so long as you don't mind waiting some on the Big Thunder Trail. But expect the Standby lines to be long on May 31 and that opening weekend.

The way to get into the park overall will be handled just like the 60th kickoff was, with Pumbaa Parking Lot opening for pre-staging on May 29, and then a line formed at the Harbor Blvd. entry portal and into the East Esplanade on May 30. Toy Story Lot will come online for pre-staging parking once Pumbaa fills. Harbor Blvd. will be the point of entry for almost all early arrivals for May 31 and opening weekend, since the Mickey & Friends structure expansion still won't be open and ready yet this June.

Also more trash talk about ROTR and all it's problems. It's still bad. Real bad. An important part of a new attraction opening is something called the 72 Hour Test, or MDOT (Multi Day Operating Test). An MDOT is when a ride system is operated continually for 72 hours straight, round the clock for three days non-stop. Ops CM's operate the ride system in shifts, Imagineers are there also to monitor progress 24 hours a day, and Facilities CM's are on constant standby in case of downtimes or mechanical issues. The ride doesn't have to be perfect for the MDOT, and downtimes are expected, but it needs to operate at least 80% of the time for 72 hours straight to pass the test. Every Disney ride has to pass this critical test before it can continue on to final prep stages before opening for Guests. Falcon already passed it's 72 Hour Test and got the greenlight from WDI and DLR Facilities. A May 31 opening is a cake walk for Falcon, especially due to basically having 4 different turntables and thus 4 different ride systems that are all behaving as expected and planned.

But ROTR is nowhere near being able to try an MDOT and operate for 72 hours straight. Having ROTR open by D23 Expo is a wild goal right now, but there's a scenario that ROTR might be delayed until late fall or the '19 Holiday season. Maybe there will be a breakthrough and ROTR will get up and running for paying Guests later this summer, but no one is betting on it.

The May 31 opening date for SW:GE was agreed to by WDI and TDA management because Falcon is almost ready to go for Guests already, with Entertainment, Foods and Stores on track to be ready by mid May, and there's no sense in waiting for ROTR to be ready months from now. It's gonna be awhile for ROTR, so TDA is going to get the party started on May 31.

And as of now you won't really need a reservation to get in, no matter what the Disney Parks Blog and management says to the media.

Darth Snips

And what about the location I was speculating about before? Popcorn? More milk? Seems a prime location for something.
Maybe the spot you pointed out is Kat Saka's Kettle? That's the specialty popcorn stand they've described as being in the "Marketplace". I haven't been able to pin down where exactly it's located; it would fit pretty nicely in that little nook you found.

Frontierland's Finest

I've heard an interesting rumor over on the Diz Boards...let me make this clear this is a RUMOR I'll post it in it's entirety down below and I would like to hear thoughts on this keep in mind MOST OF THIS INFO IS DISNEYLAND however I can see it spilling over unto HWS. Another thing I'm not even sure that this is legit...you'll see why when you read it (Rise of the Resistance) and without further delay the rumor:

Source: https://www.disboards.com/threads/swge-rumor.3740470/
I feel like there's some credible info in that post, but I can't remember if I read it on here or another site that ROTR problems are being caused by the wireless connections between the ride system and the ride vechicles.

Fox&Hound

First time poster :)

Through the articles and these forums, one thing I have read several times is to expect a lengthy ride time for ROTR. Does anybody have any idea as to what would that "lengthy" ride time would be? This is perhaps what excited me the most, as I grew up loving the rides that really made me feel like I was immersed in another world, thanks in part to how long these rides were.

WELCOME!!!!!!

NoChesterHester

Something I find interesting is some of our Californian insiders are in a panic about ROTR, while all of our eastern insiders are reassuring us that panic is way overblown. Our most trusted Californian, @GiveMeTheMusic , has not said much on the matter. I am confused.

Perhaps it’s because there is three extra months of time for Florida due to the opening schedule? California has to do all the test and adjust break in in shorter windows. If they open it at the same time as Florida it will seem much later to the locals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom