Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

Still sifting through articles that came out in the wake of last week's GE media blitz. This blog does a great job aggregating them. I found OC Register's articles to have concise data and io9's articles had some good details.

OC Register mentioned one kids meal item: fried chicken with mac and cheese. No fun Batuu name for that one yet (I propose Kid's Tip-Yip with Nerf Noodles!). I hope that's not the only kids meal option. Let's get some Corellian Hound Hot Dogs with Meiloorun Fruit Slices or something. :)

BrianLo

@chadwpalm posted this in the DL thread. Unrelated line of conversation and dates back to the event at DHS last year I think... but something stuck out to me

galaxys-edge-trading-card-map-jpg.353815

Bottom left corner. Surabat River Valley.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that it simultaneously not Currently a thing, occupies DHS' expansion plot and sort of could be construed as a coaster.

@marni1971 - unless it's just a portion of the MF ride. The placement is suspicious.

@drod1985 looks like he brought this up 9 months ago, but it wasn't really followed up on.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Seeing the Banthas on that map reminds me of the cancelled Bantha ride, I recall it was rumored to act like a creature-based Peoplemover through the land -- is there any chance it could come as part of a future expansion? The idea of riding a big animated beast as a mode of transportation through this landscape sounds so great and I'd love to think it could happen later, but hearing it likened to the Peoplemover suggests something woven into the fabric of the land and therefore not easy to add in after the fact.

Seems like it would make a great non-E-ticket compliment to open with whatever is planned for the expansion pad. Does anyone have enough of a sense of what it was going to be to know whether or not that ship could one day sail?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yup the Bantha's were supposed to be something you could get on and essentially tour around the land, but I believe they were cut due to the added size of the walkways needed to accommodate them and guests.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that it simultaneously not Currently a thing, occupies DHS' expansion plot and sort of could be construed as a coaster.

Surabat is either a place for the MF ride to go through, or, it's just place-setting in that one of the reporters on the recent tour said how that side of the land felt separated from the Outpost giving the impression you're outside of town. And the Subarat river valley is that place outside of town.

Nigelbfc

Any opinion on Theme Park Insider's prediction of an October 1st opening for GE? I am hopeful this does NOT open then since I detest those types of crowds and am scheduled for an October 18th Arrival.

Me to. Part of me soooo wants this open than as we are there 17 October and we wont be back till 2021 but i have come to terms with it not opening now so was looking forward to lighter crowds. Any word how much truth there is in this?

drod1985

Any opinion on Theme Park Insider's prediction of an October 1st opening for GE? I am hopeful this does NOT open then since I detest those types of crowds and am scheduled for an October 18th Arrival.

October 1 is the 8th day of Fall. While they've dropped the "late" from most recent media I still wouldn't be inclined to believe they've made up two months worth of work and can open at the start of Fall as opposed to "late" Fall.

Surferboy567

https://.com/2019/03/opening-date-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-park-to-be-announced/

Looks like everyone's favorite "news" site is feeling chatty...if this is real this is so exciting have any insiders heard otherwise?

EDIT: Just realized the link is broken so...here's what they say "After years of announcements and months of close anticipation, an official opening date for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (at least for Disneyland, possibly also for Disney World) will reportedly be released this Thursday, March 7th during the Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders at 11:00 AM EST.
For those wondering why Florida might end up wrapped up in this announcement, it’s because things have supposedly gone very well as of late for the Disney’s Hollywood Studios version of the land. If sources are to be believed, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in Florida in September/October, with preview events set to start in late July. A lot still has to go right for this to happen, but it sounds likely."

rle4lunch

Looks like everyone's favorite "news" site is feeling chatty...if this is real this is so exciting have any insiders heard otherwise?

EDIT: Just realized the link is broken so...here's what they say "After years of announcements and months of close anticipation, an official opening date for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (at least for Disneyland, possibly also for Disney World) will reportedly be released this Thursday, March 7th during the Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders at 11:00 AM EST.
For those wondering why Florida might end up wrapped up in this announcement, it’s because things have supposedly gone very well as of late for the Disney’s Hollywood Studios version of the land. If sources are to be believed, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in Florida in September/October, with preview events set to start in late July. A lot still has to go right for this to happen, but it sounds likely."

I'd have to say October at the earliest for HS.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

It's good to hear from the National Enquirer of Disney these days. What's his name, is also saying construction walls up very soon for the demolition of Inventions West. Soooo I think he may be a little too caffeinated these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom