Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rteetz

sedati

Is that small building bathrooms or maintenance?

View attachment 350472
We talked about this over on the Anaheim thread. I believe Martin has confirmed these as the bathrooms (plus one in the sit down restaurant.)

The building you asked about is right next to the X-Wing, and over in Anaheim you can see a bit of a line set up to get to it. I speculated (unconfirmed) that this might be a meet and greet area and the building in question might be for costumes/breaks that service that end of the land.

sedati

I would love it if we could get that bridge on the original Toy Story Land Concept Art just to split the lands and nightlines. too bad budget cuts...
The shape of the entrance path should withhold the big reveal until inside the land. They still have some planting to do, not only in the berm, but in the land itself. Give the trees some time and I think the land will be pretty well hidden.

HauntedMansionFLA

Sorry for the late bump, but I've been mulling this over the past week. As the discussion has been on preparing for the massive crowds and logistics of the opening of Galaxy's Edge, and in particular, preparing for re-distribution of crowds, this idea stuck out in my head.

If Disney knows the masses are going to be overflowing in DHS for Star Wars, why not lean heavily into that and go BIG for the opening months of the space. Star Wars Weekends on steroids.

MuppetVision*3D overlay with the Muppets spoofing the entire Star Wars saga in 15 minutes. Star Tours with update for Episode 9 location. Hyperspace overlay on Rock'n'Roller Coaster. Disney Characters in their Star Wars Costumes (or at least Jedi Mickey). Special guests with shows in the Theater for the Stars, ABC Sound Studio, Premier Theater, etc. Meet and greets with rare Star Wars characters in Launch Bay and around the park.

Open Star Wars content around the park at the same time that Galaxy's Edge opens to disperse visitors throughout the park to experience it all and to allow those who will not get into Galaxy's Edge to still feel like they've gotten a Star Wars experience.

If Disney is not going to provide enough competing attractions to compensate, at least the overlay route could help offset.
They did a Star Wars meets Indiana Jones a couple of years ago at the stunt show.

Incomudro

The shape of the entrance path should withhold the big reveal until inside the land. They still have some planting to do, not only in the berm, but in the land itself. Give the trees some time and I think the land will be pretty well hidden.

Yes, I noticed that a while back.
It seems designed so that you don't see the whole land until you round the turn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom