Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

View from Inside TSL

Goofyernmost

Once upon a time that was part of the story.
Well, couldn't they make the story be about a half finished Galaxy? Or maybe they just had a huge battle in that area and we are seeing the damage. Or we won't see it at all. It would be funny if those paying to stay in the hotel by selling one of their children and a kidney or two were the only ones that see that view.

Just a reminder though, the back of the New York skyline looked just like that from around the Star Tours area. That goes all the way back to the golden years of Disney.

The Pho

Just a reminder though, the back of the New York skyline looked just like that from around the Star Tours area. That goes all the way back to the golden years of Disney.
That was the entire point of that area. The Streets of America was meant to look like film sets, that’s why you could see everything from the “off stage” view. Same goes for Star Tours, it’s a film set. All part of the movie making theme of the park.

Goofyernmost

That was the entire point of that area. The Streets of America was meant to look like film sets, that’s why you could see everything from the “off stage” view. Same goes for Star Tours, it’s a film set. All part of the movie making theme of the park.
I would think that we could think of SWL as a film set as well, since, it doesn't really exist. But, if it bothers you and others, well it does, so I will just not say anymore about how it doesn't bother me anymore then the back side of Everest seen from the guest parking lot.

Goofyernmost

I haven't seen the new parking lot setup in person, but isn't this the view you get only from the employee entrance road now?

Won't all visitors be arriving in the new entry lanes further north?
Not sure, but, I believe that for the most part that will be true. Certainly not in immediate sight anymore.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I haven't seen the new parking lot setup in person, but isn't this the view you get only from the employee entrance road now?

Won't all visitors be arriving in the new entry lanes further north?

The backside view will be visible from everywhere outlined in red. I doubt that that will all be CM parking. But, you're right that people driving in and parking in the more immediate parking spots won't get close to that view. But, when they fill the lot, some will.

drod1985

I would think that we could think of SWL as a film set as well, since, it doesn't really exist. But, if it bothers you and others, well it does, so I will just not say anymore about how it doesn't bother me anymore then the back side of Everest seen from the guest parking lot.

The difference is that it is not the intent for SWL to be seen as a film set. It's meant to be immersive, to make guests feel like they're really somewhere else. It's part of why they just removed the movie set theming from Tatooine Traders. They're going for in-world, not real-world.

Goofyernmost

The difference is that it is not the intent for SWL to be seen as a film set. It's meant to be immersive, to make guests feel like they're really somewhere else. It's part of why they just removed the movie set theming from Tatooine Traders. They're going for in-world, not real-world.
I was just being sarcastic there, however, we are talking about the backside of things and views that one will not get while "in-world" or if you are a CM. If you are a CM then you have seen how the magic was made anyway. It is just another non-problem, problem! However, I am curious how it will be hidden from the alleged, mystery Star Wars Hotel. I'm sure they will figure it out before they build it.

Movielover

And the New York Streets weren't even suppose to be guest areas either. It was only accessed on the Studio Tour, only opened to guest foot traffic by the end of the first year. But that's what happens when you build your new park the size of a double wide... ;)

Goofyernmost

Just a reminder, that was kind of the idea.
If it was, then the screwed up entirely in the quest for immersion. It doesn't matter anyway, that was when people didn't have their knickers so tightly in a knot and weren't able to realize the they were in a freaking theme park and it was all nothing but an illusion. Some of us knew and realized that what was important was what was on the other side, that is were the illusion was formed in the movies or in real life. As noble as it may seem the back sides of those building were not completed for two reasons, one was because that is the reality of a film set and the other was because the point was, we weren't supposed to see they backside of them. When fully operational almost none of the back of Streets of America were exposed to the public the same as Residential Street, but, we knew it was there unless we were 6 years old. This isn't about that anyway, do you really think that people are going to really think that they are really at the Edge of the Galaxy and also wasn't it established that almost none of the guests are going to be seeing it anyway. But, again I will point out the backside of Everest. Was that to show us that it wasn't really Mt. Everest? For the sake of humanity I certainly hope not!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it was, then the screwed up entirely in the quest for immersion.
The immersion was that of a film and tv studio backlot. So it was correct in that respect.
the point was, we weren't supposed to see they backside of them. When fully operational almost none of the back of Streets of America were exposed to the public
To the contrary, they were very much exposed. You could actually walk through them from onstage to backstage. And back again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom