Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

Hi guys I’m new to this forum but I was following for few days.

Are there any rumors/insiders info about the highest vantage point available for visitors? The reason I’m asking is if the visitors will be able to see the millennium falcon from above but without being able to see structures outside the SWGE so that the immersion remains intact.
While outdoors, guests should only be on the ground level.

sedati

Are there any rumors/insiders info about the highest vantage point available for visitors? The reason I’m asking is if the visitors will be able to see the millennium falcon from above but without being able to see structures outside the SWGE so that the immersion remains intact.
Welcome,
I've wondered about the row of windows seen behind the Falcon on a second level:

Could be part of the queue, or a swanky up-charge space. We'll see in a few months.

sedati

I'm pretty sure one of our insiders said we'll be looking out of the second floor onto the land when inside the queue.

Also, next to the exit on the left side, there will be a raised area like a stage. Don't know if there will be guest access to it.
I put out that same idea about those windows a while ago on the California thread so you may be confusing it with that- I don't remember anyone confirming it.
Here's the stage area I think you're talking about via Bioreconstruct and model:

yensidtlaw1969

While we are checking that out... can we find out how much water will be in the toilet bowls in SWL. What? Seems just as relevant. However, in fairness, if that question will be to determine if anything will be visible from outside the land, of course, it will... everything depends on where one is standing at the time. The important thing is that we bring our inner child with us when we go to a Disney park. That enables us to easily not notice stuff like that because we have suspended disbelief long enough to enjoy life and not let OCD take it over.
You do know there's such a thing as Trivia, right?

It's totally possible to be fascinated with information like how tall the Castles are in the different parks without looking at them clinically. Knowing the height of the tallest spire in Star Wars Land amounts to a Fun Fact, and to some people knowing it is . . . Fun.

I'm curious about the height too, if anyone happens to know. I wonder how it stacks up in the skyline of Disney attractions.

Goofyernmost

You do know there's such a thing as Trivia, right?

It's totally possible to be fascinated with information like how tall the Castles are in the different parks without looking at them clinically. Knowing the height of the tallest spire in Star Wars Land amounts to a Fun Fact, and to some people knowing it is . . . Fun.

I'm curious about the height too, if anyone happens to know. I wonder how it stacks up in the skyline of Disney attractions.
In your case you explained why and didn't expect the world to know what type of info you are looking for and why. Your example is fine and I suspect could also cover how much water is going to be in the toilet bowls. People didn't give me the benefit of that doubt. So fine, but, it seems that being a trivia buff myself, I see no possible time when that information would be useful unless someone is getting ready to rant about how they will show from outside the land. I suspect they will, life goes on!

Monorail_Red_77

The SWGE entrance queue might have a backstage overflow area, which would make a lot of sense.

While watching the DSNY Newscast today, I was reminded of this backstage gate near the Grand Avenue entrance to SWGE:

View attachment 348338

...so then I checked out the Google Earth images of the area behind that gate:

View attachment 348339

With some "box shrubs" and "temporary tent" coverings, they could have of a lot switchback space there. They could even have a stage with entertainment and the like, as well as food and beverages, etc., for the people in that queue area.

Have our insiders heard anything pointing to this? Do our experts have thoughts on the feasibility?
You know what they could do. They could re-theme Muppets to be a Star Wars based Muppets show. and use that as a queue time killer. Think of Dumbo in MK. You get in line at Muppets go through the show and dump you out right inside SWGE. Oh well, sounded good for a minute in my head at least. LOL

NormC

In your case you explained why and didn't expect the world to know what type of info you are looking for and why.
The other person asked a simple question.

Do we know how tall the highest point in the land will be?

He did not have to explain why he wanted the information. This is a discussion board. This is a thread about Star Wars land. He asked what the tallest point in Star Wars land would be. He didn't expect the world to know but I am sure he thought someone might answer him with a height, probably in feet. Instead he got a snarky response from a grumpy old man.

You expect to be given the benefit of doubt but you did not give it to the poster of the question.

yensidtlaw1969

In your case you explained why and didn't expect the world to know what type of info you are looking for and why. Your example is fine and I suspect could also cover how much water is going to be in the toilet bowls. People didn't give me the benefit of that doubt. So fine, but, it seems that being a trivia buff myself, I see no possible time when that information would be useful unless someone is getting ready to rant about how they will show from outside the land. I suspect they will, life goes on!
I mean, all they did was ask if anyone knew how high the highest point in the land would be. It was a pretty innocuous question. I probably would have asked it a similar way.

I've never found "toilet water retention capacity" to be a standard staple in facts and figures the way someone interested in architecture might be able to rattle off the heights of the Eiffel Tower and Empire State Building -- less because they're useful and more because they're simply interesting -- but you do you, I suppose.

Fun Fact: There are 11,324 alucobond triangles on Spaceship Earth. A barely useful bit of information, but sort of fun to know.

yensidtlaw1969

You know what they could do. They could re-theme Muppets to be a Star Wars based Muppets show. and use that as a queue time killer. Think of Dumbo in MK. You get in line at Muppets go through the show and dump you out right inside SWGE. Oh well, sounded good for a minute in my head at least. LOL
Meanwhile I'm still over here hoping they retheme Star Tours to "Pigs In Space" -- not a concept they're considering, but someone once suggested it here on the boards and I've never been able to shake it from my imagination.

Mike S

Here’s something I don’t think was asked before. What are we expecting when it comes to the CMs on RotR? Typical cheery teenagers or will they act the part of being in the First Order? The latter could be very fun :)

drod1985

In ROTR they could be using a ton of Stormtrooper suits with the pre-recorded dialog during TFO section of the queue. Then they're not relying on cast members acting other than body language. The Resistance section could be young castmembers as the Resistance is supposed to be a bit more rag tag and inclusive anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom