Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Haymarket2008

Understood - from what intel that Len and Jim Hill gave, they were talking about a completely different type of ride experience.

Basically, we all know the disparity between FOP and the boat ride in Avatar.

And Jim and Len have both talked about it being a trackless ride system. They’ve largely been correct in their reporting on the ride, save for a few things. But it was always known to be the “Ratatouille” ride system .....but on steroids.
And Galaxy’s Edge will not have the Pandora problem. Both are going to be heavy hitter E-tickets as opposed to the 1 E and a C in Pandora.

jt04

I noticed that too. I know its not even open yet, but where is there any expansion for this area? I would assume they would want to keep expanding upon star wars in the future.

WDW can expand into the Muppets area and should be able to expand into the new parking lot in the future. Disneyland is limited to Toontown.

Timothy_Q

WDW can expand into the Muppets area and should be able to expand into the new parking lot in the future. Disneyland is limited to Toontown.
DHS has a designated expansion pad between SWL and Pixar Place. It can also expand to the southwest of the land, before using either Muppets or the parking lot (which is hard to get to from SWL either way)

Disneyland has an expansion pad between SWL and Toontown, without actually eating into Toontown itself

Last edited:

bhg469

anyone know why they are using trackless for this other than to say its trackless? Seems extremely linear, making it trackless doesnt really have a benefit... other than to allow theme park fanbois to say their favorite buzz word.

jt04

DHS has a designated expansion pad between SWL and Pixar Place. It can also expand to the southwest of the land, before using either Muppets or the parking lot (which is hard to get to from SWL land either way)

Disneyland has an expansion pad between SWL and Toontown, without actually eating into Toontown itself

I'm thinking they'll need all of those.

Timothy_Q

anyone know why they are using trackless for this other than to say its trackless? Seems extremely linear, making it trackless doesnt really have a benefit... other than to allow theme park fanbois to say their favorite buzz word.
1- How do you know the attraction is "extremely linear"? We know very little specifics about it

2- There are no tracks inside SW ships. That's enough reason

HauntedMansionFLA

What about Indiana Jones Stunt Show and the land behind it? That and the Muppets area will be a nice expansion of Star Wars while keeping Star Tours.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
It creates more realistic immersion but also could possibly be designed to make each ride through unique. ?
I agree, it does help the immersion, but as cool as these rides are, they seem to have terrible rider capacity, 8 people per vehicle from the looks of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom