Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Haymarket2008

I still don’t get it. The one ride looks like Star Tours. Of course that’s my opinion, not being familiar with this IP tho.

There will most certainly be similarities, being that it is a Star Wars themed flight simulator. But that was a passive experience with 30+ year old technology. This is a small cockpit where you literally control the action with groundbreaking tech.

Can't wait to see how the overal look of these lands will turn out. For example, I think it's interesting to see the difference in color and use of plants on the mountains between the video simulations, concept arts, model and the construction photo's. I also hope they can make it as dynamic and alive as it looks in these simulations.

Timothy_Q

Two rides in Galaxy's Edge. Only two rides. Just like Pandora, expect 2 to 4 hour waits to get on those attractions.
Basically just like every other add-on land ever built at Disney
And we've known this for years

Pandora: 2 rides
TSL: 1 existing, 1 new coaster, 1 new flat
Cars Land 1 E ticket, 2 flats
Toontown: 2 rides
Critter Country: 2 rides
NOS: 2 rides
New Fantasyland: 2 new rides (just 1 if you consider SWSA was lost)

Also worth mentioning:
Africa: 1 ride
Asia: 2 rides
Sunset Blvd: 2 rides
Hogsmeade: 1 new ride on opening
Diagon Alley: 2 rides

Last edited:

TXRob

Devils advocate here -

Rise of the resistance looks like a ‘ratatouille’ type trackless ride. Is anyone really feeling pessimistic about this whole thing?

The land itself looks amazing, but let’s be clear, the rides are what will make or break this thing. For 2 rides why is the land massively gigantic?

Help me here.

Marc Davis Fan

Devils advocate here -

Rise of the resistance looks like a ‘ratatouille’ type trackless ride. Is anyone really feeling pessimistic about this whole thing?

The land itself looks amazing, but let’s be clear, the rides are what will make or break this thing. For 2 rides why is the land massively gigantic?

Help me here.

Trackless RV is just the ride system, similarly to how Haunted Mansion and Arial are the same ride system. RotR will be much larger, more detailed, and feature more/better effects. There will also be other surprises that differentiate it.

Also remember: in this new land, BOTH opening-day attractions will be e-tickets (with RotR arguably being an “E+”).

Haymarket2008

Trackless RV is just the ride system, similarly to how Haunted Mansion and Arial are the same ride system. RotR will be much larger, more detailed, and feature more/better effects. There will also be other surprises that differentiate it.

Also remember: in this new land, BOTH opening-day attractions will be e-tickets (with RotR arguably being an “E+”).

Absolutely. Also, they are treating the Resistance ride as the the major headliner of the land and one of the most anticipated rides in decades. Something Rat was not designed to be.

TXRob

Absolutely. Also, they are treating the Resistance ride as the the major headliner of the land and one of the most anticipated rides in decades. Something Rat was not designed to be.

Understood - from what intel that Len and Jim Hill gave, they were talking about a completely different type of ride experience.

Basically, we all know the disparity between FOP and the boat ride in Avatar.

CodySewell

I feel this land is going to be packing guests in like sardines. I cannot imagine opening day for this area, but the attractions do seem pretty neat. I like what has been publicly released for the Rise Of The Resistance attraction, and I cannot wait to see it in person.

mergatroid

Devils advocate here -

Help me here.

I'm certainly not. Out of interest when you say "looks like a ratatouille type trackless ride", what were you expecting? Surely 'trackless' is the most technologically advanced way to go, would you prefer to see the track? Apart from creating vehicles that actually fly or hover, I'm not sure what you were expecting? I believe we've been promised many animatronics in this attraction too, something I don't believe ratatouille has any of?

TXRob

I'm certainly not. Out of interest when you say "looks like a ratatouille type trackless ride", what were you expecting? Surely 'trackless' is the most technologically advanced way to go, would you prefer to see the track? Apart from creating vehicles that actually fly or hover, I'm not sure what you were expecting? I believe we've been promised many animatronics in this attraction too, something I don't believe ratatouille has any of?

FOP is an amazing ride. More like that.

po1998

Two rides in Galaxy's Edge. Only two rides. Just like Pandora, expect 2 to 4 hour waits to get on those attractions.
I’ve thought this all along. Even if the two attractions are as good as advertised, how much was the price tag for a land in a park that is starved for attractions?

Sorry, but standing in a land surrounded by rocks, is not going to help with crowds.

TDO will deserve all the criticism(guest satisfaction scores/surveys) they get, when SWL opens, and guests find that they are in a park with so little to do that a large part of their day will be spent standing in line

Last edited:

mergatroid

But FOP is a simulator based attraction with no animatronics or sets (bar the queue), the Millennium Falcon attraction is a simulator based attraction so you're saying you'd prefer two simulator rides?

I think the preview we see is just a small taste looking at the size of the building that houses the attraction. I'm not quite sure what part of the 15 seconds or so of the footage can be classed as not amazing, or lead anyone to think it isn't going to be great? I mean it's all subjective and if you are genuinely unimpressed by it then I'm certainly not going to change your mind, however I'm really intrigued by why it disappoints you and what you expected instead?

Haymarket2008

Of the two SW rides coming, FoP will be closer to the Falcon attraction. And judging by what we have all seen so far, it should best it.
The Resistance ride is a mega dark ride with all the bells and whistles Imagineering can throw at it. Two very different experiences but they are expected to be the modern “crown jewels” of their ride types. So......clearly expectations are through the roof lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom