Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

BrianLo

May 4, perhaps?

I think the ticket discounting windows and AP black outs are more suggestive of Memorial Day for the actual public opening... but they could of course have the media blitz planned for then with some rolling softs.

I wonder if this will be the first paid softs.

drod1985

I think the ticket discounting windows and AP black outs are more suggestive of Memorial Day for the actual public opening...

Memorial Day is Monday, May 27. Pandora and TSL opened on Saturdays, right?

Saturday, May 25 is the 42 anniversary of Star Wars' theatrical release. Just sayin'.

sedati

Just wanted to add to what I had responded with previously as there were in fact mouse droids seen in "The Last Jedi," so having them on the ride would be appropriate time-wise.
starwarsVIII_1683.jpg

TP2000

Over on the Disneyland boards we have our favorite lady blogger, She's In Los Angeles, who always does a great job of capturing the latest construction action. I thought this might be of passing interest to a few folks here, if only to see what the DHS version may look like in a couple months. The vantage point of this video is the sixth floor of the Disneyland parking structure to the northwest of the park.

Marc Davis Fan

Google Maps satellite images for Bay Lake and Buena Vista have finally been updated again, offering a (slightly outdated, but still cool) view of the SWGE construction site (not to mention TSL, DS, etc). I’m on my phone so I can’t provide a link, but wanted to let you all know ASAP so you could go check it out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Google Maps satellite images for Bay Lake and Buena Vista have finally been updated again, offering a (slightly outdated, but still cool) view of the SWGE construction site (not to mention TSL, DS, etc). I’m on my phone so I can’t provide a link, but wanted to let you all know ASAP so you could go check it out.

I am seeing pictures from January, are you seeing something newer?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am seeing pictures from January, are you seeing something newer?
Google Earth is still showing Catastrophe Canyon and the whole backlot in all its defunct glory for me.
Try clearing your browser's cache.

It initially showed the old images when I checked on my computer just now, but then it showed the new ones after I cleared my cache.

@danlb_2000 @britain

Both my phone and my computer are showing January's satellite. I cleared cache, used different browsers, and used incognito mode... it's not a cached image. Even the Orange County Appraiser doesn't have an updated satellite map yet.

For Google Maps, to see the January image, you need to turn off "Globe" (i.e. 3D) in the menu.

For Google Earth, to see the January image, you need to turn off 3D by making sure Terrain and 3D buildings are unchecked.

Marc Davis Fan

Both my phone and my computer are showing January's satellite. I cleared cache, used different browsers, and used incognito mode... it's not a cached image. Even the Orange County Appraiser doesn't have an updated satellite map yet.

For Google Maps, to see the January image, you need to turn off "Globe" (i.e. 3D) in the menu.

For Google Earth, to see the January image, you need to turn off 3D by making sure Terrain and 3D buildings are unchecked.

Oh, sorry for the miscommunication: until today, I was seeing the really old image from before construction on SWGE and TSL began. When I cleared my cache, I was able to see "new" images from January. Apologies if the January images were seen/reported earlier!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh, sorry for the miscommunication: until today, I was seeing the really old image from before construction on SWGE and TSL began. When I cleared my cache, I was able to see "new" images from January. Apologies if the January images were seen/reported earlier!

It happens! Google also doesn't make the most intuitive and informative of interfaces.

Stripes

They also like to obfuscate information. I'm never sure anymore what I'm looking at.
Google's services are getting more confusing by the minute. I think Apple's execution will be stunning with regard to their maps overhaul. In particular I'm curious to see what they're doing with street view plus Lidar. I'll be jumping ship if I'm right. Not to stir an Apple Google debate. I got tired of those a long time ago.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom