Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fsunolekrw

I'm just telling you, i'm not trolling, take it or leave it:
a lot of entertainment immersive/interactive elements have been cut.
It goes with what I’ve been hearing.

Are we talking things that are more like aesthetics that add to the atmosphere (i.e. fire breathing dragons on top of buildings) or things that require trained cast members (costumed characters, effect operators etc.) being cut?

smile

impractical design and cost-cutting can even disrupt the not-quite-at-fevered-pitch-now star wars ip?!

wallace shawn!

not sure about ya'll, but a few of those ideas seem much more tailored to a more intimate experience, anyways
- one with an additional charge, perhaps.

drod1985

I bet the Trooper harassment will be most concentrated at Oga's and the TFO-controlled are on the other side of the MF ride, and those are both places that should be easy to manage/staff. Don't need much in the rest of the land.

britain

Well, look at that. My information has been verified by a trusted source.
Anyway,
I don't know if the cuts will murk up the works for both coasts. But I do know they've already been implemented by TDO. There are going to be less and less performers around the parks in the coming years (you can already see them trimming equity performers down rapidly) and it has had a bad outcome on the Star Wars experience.
If only there were some way to have actors without having actors. Like some sort of automatic animated electronic figure that could perform all day long and not need pay.

MickeyMinnieMom

All these 2019 announcements today and nothing about Star Wars Land. I'm sure that can't mean great things for the "Fall 2019" timeline...
I had two thoughts: that’s too big to wrap up into these little announcements (optimistic), it’s going be later than “Fall 2019” (pessimistic).

We’re planning for Summer 2020, because I didn’t want to cut this one close.

MrHappy

I had two thoughts: that’s too big to wrap up into these little announcements (optimistic), it’s going be later than “Fall 2019” (pessimistic).

We’re planning for Summer 2020, because I didn’t want to cut this one close.
I wouldn't take these announcements today as any indicator of SWGE news. Seems like Disney releases some "bad news," followed within a week or so with "good news". It's planned and synced that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom