Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Figments Friend

Quick snapshot I took a few days ago, while visiting DHS -
Nice looking ship, there....

image.jpeg

tomast

Then your actions will have no impact on the outcome. Those are the only two options - that it ends the same way, no matter what (regardless of what audio plays at the end) or the attraction can be 'failed'.

I realize people wouldn't like the 'bad' ending. Thats neither here nor there. This was marketed as an attraction with different possible outcomes, right? Getting the same ending regardless of how bad the people in the seats are isn't a different outcome.
Just imagine Star Tours but the story depens on buttons you have to press,
Mission: enter the star-killer base undetected
OK:{
proceed, get the cargo from the bay 5 minutes,
Oh no! a ATAT in on the way, - get the wire and make it fall,{
ok{ the atat falls, you get the cargo (5minutes), when the atat falls, kylo ren apears and try to stop you using the force,}
not ok{ chewaca with Rey helps you and kill the att and you get the cargo (5minutes)}
}
NOT OK: Mission change, lose the TIE fighter 5 minutes... {
OK { get the cargo from the bay no at at 5 minutes,phasma apears on a TIE and you have to defeat her }
not-ok{ leave the planet, after a 5 minutes battle, Poe apears in xwing and helps you escape}

And there you have a simple system where you can have differents outcomes all of them are the same lenght and all fun to play.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Just imagine Star Tours but the story depens on buttons you have to press,
Mission: enter the star-killer base undetected
OK:{
proceed, get the cargo from the bay 5 minutes,
Oh no! a ATAT in on the way, - get the wire and make it fall,{
ok{ the atat falls, you get the cargo (5minutes), when the atat falls, kylo ren apears and try to stop you using the force,}
not ok{ chewaca with Rey helps you and kill the att and you get the cargo (5minutes)}
}
NOT OK: Mission change, lose the TIE fighter 5 minutes... {
OK { get the cargo from the bay no at at 5 minutes,phasma apears on a TIE and you have to defeat her }
not-ok{ leave the planet, after a 5 minutes battle, Poe apears in xwing and helps you escape}

And there you have a simple system where you can have differents outcomes all of them are the same lenght and all fun to play.

The argument presented was that everyone needs to have the same experience as 'winning', even if they screw it up. So no, yours (or many others who posted similar things) do not work in that scenario.

nickys

Premium Member
The argument presented was that everyone needs to have the same experience as 'winning', even if they screw it up. So no, yours (or many others who posted similar things) do not work in that scenario.

I thought the argument was that you couldn’t have people sitting doing nothing for 3 minutes if you crashed. Not that everyone had to actually win. There is a difference. ;)

drod1985

Here's a quote from Scott Trowbridge, Lead Imagineer for Galaxy's Edge, which directly contradicts the idea that everbody needs to have the same experience as "winning" in regards to the Millennium Falcon Ride.

Scott Trowbridge said:
This is a living place, a place where your choices matter. And a place where you can even earn a reputation. For example, if you prove to be one of the hottest flight crews in the galaxy you might find some extra galactic credits come your way. But if you bring back the ship all banged up, well, the boss might not be too happy. You might even end up on the list of a local bounty hunter.“

So, put very simply:
  • Skilled flight crews who bring the ship back in good condition receive one experience - increase in reputation and credits.
  • Bad flight crews who bring the ship back in bad condition receive a different experience - decrease in reputation and a bounty at the Cantina.
The ship's condition at the end of the ride is variable (fact, per ST), so there are likely other variables (likely assumption). The events of the ride are variable based on the passenger's performance (fact, per ST). If you still don't get this concept then I pity anybody who will ever share the controls of the Millennium Falcon with you.

Skibum1970

Here's a quote from Scott Trowbridge, Lead Imagineer for Galaxy's Edge, which directly contradicts the idea that everbody needs to have the same experience as "winning" in regards to the Millennium Falcon Ride.

So, put very simply:
  • Skilled flight crews who bring the ship back in good condition receive one experience - increase in reputation and credits.
  • Bad flight crews who bring the ship back in bad condition receive a different experience - decrease in reputation and a bounty at the Cantina.
The ship's condition at the end of the ride is variable (fact, per ST), so there are likely other variables (likely assumption). The events of the ride are variable based on the passenger's performance (fact, per ST). If you still don't get this concept then I pity anybody who will ever share the controls of the Millennium Falcon with you.

Can you imagine if you go into the Cantina and they refuse you service, "I'm sorry sir but, with the state of the Falcon after your flying, I think that you have had enough to drink!!"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can you imagine if you go into the Cantina and they refuse you service, "I'm sorry sir but, with the state of the Falcon after your flying, I think that you have had enough to drink!!"
Love the idea, but I am assuming that it is going to be more of praise the positive and ignore the negative kind of situation. The best we might be able to hope for is having the local spaceship mechanic buy you a drink for all the work he gets do do on the Falcon after you bounce it off of a few asteroids.

drod1985

I'm taking that to mean the "streetmosphere" elements. Autonomous droids, interactive characters in the streets/shops/cantina, random costumed aliens casually walking around, Stormtroopers walking around hustling guests, and any other sort of street performers. It also seems like there would be a series of tasks to carry out (finding parts at the garage, bringing treasures to Dok-Ondar, etc.), so I'd assume that'd get cut or scaled back as well.

If so, that's a bummer, because that would've been some next level immersion.

britain

Just some conjecture here, but it might not simply be a matter of budget cuts. It could also be a means to declutter the walkways during the first year or so of operation.

Why have an interactive scavenger hunt giving guests a reason to zig zag back and forth within the land when operations would like nothing more than to have you leave, freeing up a spot for another guest.

The interactive game should be something easily added back in once crowds get to a reasonable level.

MagicJack78

I'm taking that to mean the "streetmosphere" elements. Autonomous droids, interactive characters in the streets/shops/cantina, random costumed aliens casually walking around, Stormtroopers walking around hustling guests, and any other sort of street performers. It also seems like there would be a series of tasks to carry out (finding parts at the garage, bringing treasures to Dok-Ondar, etc.), so I'd assume that'd get cut or scaled back as well.

If so, that's a bummer, because that would've been some next level immersion.

Imo, the "Next Level" immersion type of entertainment being discussed for Starwars land is a fantastic on paper idea. It has not been done to this scale because it would be extremely difficult to assure quality to this project and sustain over a period of time especially with the volume of customers that are anticipated in this land. The investment needed to develop and sustain this type of entertainment can't be linked to any additional ROI for this land. I think the additional funding needed to sustain this type of project could be better spent on an additional attraction down the road.

The sheer quantity of employees needed per ratio of guest to provide this experience would also be astronomical... This sounds more plausible in a more controlled area like an attraction or premium type of park.

Also, the logistics to make this happen in regards to anticipated crowds may be a huge challenge as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom