Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

WDW Guru 4 Life

So I got my infamous pencils out again this afternoon to try to figure out how all this might fit together...

View attachment 146681

So I was going through some very old posts on this thread and found this gem from @marni1971. We are extremely lucky to have him here! This drawing was made more than two years ago before construction even went vertical, and it looks almost exactly like how the land will appear when completed. Incredible!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I was going through some very old posts on this thread and found this gem from @marni1971. We are extremely lucky to have him here! This drawing was made more than two years ago before construction even went vertical, and it looks almost exactly like how the land will appear when completed. Incredible!

We are indeed lucky to have known the placement of the DVC kiosk years in advance!

;)

KrazyKat

From Bioreconstruct on Twitter
9B645E93-D046-42C2-B93F-7D7A0BC3DCE5.png
6B2919CE-7045-4230-B7A9-0A0B0E1D0543.png

RSoxNo1

That's a bad bet if you ask me and asking for operational issues. They're just too cheap to spend the money to build a bridge, which could easily be hidden by rockwork and trees. We could walk at grade while the road would use the bridge whenever they need to, which I assue you will be during park hours. They're putting a trash compactor back there for goodness sakes, those had to be emptied at least once per day during operating hours when I worked at MK.
Any risk of a guest getting stuck in the trash compactor?

TP2000

One more thing I found interesting...

This photo seems to confirm that the MF ride system is a turntable with a series of IMAX-type screens mounted on it, with the MF cockpit contained in the end of the screen cone. Sort of a Soarin’ Meets Carousel of Progress system.

You revolve around on the turntable unknowingly while you sit in the MF cockpit enjoying the show taking place out the windows. Brilliant!

disneylandcm

This photo seems to confirm that the MF ride system is a turntable with a series of IMAX-type screens mounted on it, with the MF cockpit contained in the end of the screen cone. Sort of a Soarin’ Meets Carousel of Progress system.

You revolve around on the turntable unknowingly while you sit in the MF cockpit enjoying the show taking place out the windows. Brilliant!

For a moment I thought you were just really excited and referring the ride system and cockpit as mother effing. I was so wrong.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Uhh.... were you really looking for confirmation? This has been known for over a year. There's been artist sketches, demos of the Nvidia live-rendering wrap-around 'theater', and our own insiders giving us the rundown of number of seats (6), cones (7), and turntables (4). The photos and videos of the attraction clearly showed the 4 turntables.

britain

Uhh.... were you really looking for confirmation? This has been known for over a year. There's been artist sketches, demos of the Nvidia live-rendering wrap-around 'theater', and our own insiders giving us the rundown of number of seats (6), cones (7), and turntables (4). The photos and videos of the attraction clearly showed the 4 turntables.

Well, in all fairness, TP2000 is saying this confirms what insiders have been telling us for over a year.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Here is the problem I see coming. I think very few people said "I have never been to Walt Disney World but I want to go see Pandra, but because I am here let's see what is new". So when it opened it pulled people from other parks to Animal Kingdom. When Star Wars open thousands of Star Wars fans are going to pour in to Walt Disney World that have never been there and are going to not only effect Hollywood Studios but spill over into every park. This is going to add to the all ready over crowded condishtions at every park.

britain

Here is the problem I see coming. I think very few people said "I have never been to Walt Disney World but I want to go see Pandra, but because I am here let's see what is new". So when it opened it pulled people from other parks to Animal Kingdom. When Star Wars open thousands of Star Wars fans are going to pour in to Walt Disney World that have never been there and are going to not only effect Hollywood Studios but spill over into every park. This is going to add to the all ready over crowded condishtions at every park.

That's precisely Disney's hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom