Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rteetz

From Galactic Nights. First photos are from inside battle attraction. You’ll have a creature stall inside the marketplace area in that their will be “live” creatures and the opportunity for you to adopt one. The village will also be named Black Spire Outpost.

CED7195D-9D3B-4D2C-A9F1-44A736F1B19A.jpeg
F9EBC70D-B9FF-478F-8FB4-F952A0E10808.jpeg
95F40843-C304-4953-9FA8-CEF0AD2FFE05.jpeg
8DAA7882-F127-49B1-815B-1A13DCADC67D.jpeg
96B44859-E779-41CF-8CED-9DB7A40F4D4D.jpeg
D061ED7E-E63E-493F-AE54-59178213FA2B.jpeg
067F0F5A-9B56-4CEE-959E-DA2490C5D7E6.jpeg
3B19D58F-4B78-466D-8D40-0B2AF94D8AC2.jpeg
FD93E1B9-A1DD-4876-9AF6-1EFC12084F66.jpeg
CC50F7FB-0C0A-4160-AAAB-CED346CBEE37.jpeg

Rteetz

Let's hope there are not any last minute cut backs with the new Star Wars movie - SOLO - flopping quite hard.

Two movies now in a row, both middling to bad reviews, that aren't doing good business. Internationally they are very weak too.
I don't see why Solo a prequel stand alone movie would have any impact on this land especially when its well under construction. Solo is not performing well domestically but globally it is only 7 million behind Rogue One's opening weekend. The Last Jedi was no means a flop either. While some people did dislike it, it did quite well. Not every movie can be The Force Awakens...

Rteetz

The downward box office tranjectory of the movies is bad news.
I wouldn't consider TLJ a downward trajectory. If episode 9 performs like Solo then maybe there is a major problem but I doubt that happens. I don't see any reason to believe Solo would have any affect on SWGE as it again is a prequel stand alone film based on an already well known character.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yikes.. not every movie will be TFA... this is just the cycle of things. Look no furniture than episode 1-3 release and box office numbers... Star Wars is fine and making loads of money.

That is the biggest/worst strawman argument in history...

More butts hit seats for those 3 movies than any all but one (and that’s a case study in its own right) that followed and there is no comparison to what Disney is doing now...

But what they are doing now does matter longterm and that does affect park performance or future moves. Rest not assured

And they are $400 mil into this movie and Star Wars relies heavily on its North American take...

Like it or not - it could actually lose money...that’s not a long shot at this point. It’s theater count will drop quickly if people weren’t randomly “too busy” en mass...

Last edited:

jaxonp

That is the biggest/worst strawman argument in history...

More butts hit seats for those 3 movies than any all but one (and that’s a case study in its own right) that followed and there is no comparison to what Disney is doing now...

But that they are doing now does matter longterm and that does affect park performance or future moves. Rest not assured

And they are $400 mil into this movie and Star Wars relies heavily on its North American take...

Like it or not - it could actually lose money...that’s not a long shot at this point. It’s theater count will drop quickly if people weren’t randomly “too busy” en mass...

What. No.

Mike S

I don't see why Solo a prequel stand alone movie would have any impact on this land especially when its well under construction. Solo is not performing well domestically but globally it is only 7 million behind Rogue One's opening weekend. The Last Jedi was no means a flop either. While some people did dislike it, it did quite well. Not every movie can be The Force Awakens...
Justice League made $900 million and was still considered a flop due to the amount spent making and marketing it.

Stripes

Can't believe no one's talking about the amazing Alcatraz pre-show! The experience and plot were all but revealed tonight.

Basically, we're boarding a Resistance Transport Ship for a Star Tours-esque experience. Somewhere between Batuu and our intended destination we're captured by the First Order and brought aboard a Star Destroyer. The ship doors open on the side and suddenly we're in space on a Star Destroyer!

@marni1971 & @Magic Feather Sound about right?

Edit: I took out the word ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom