Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know the berm has been flagged. Purely my own speculation - if and when they expand I imagine it will be in this pink blob. Only because DL could carve up the same space with Toon Town and I think they'll copy and paste it into both. That's just my gut feeling.

Ignore Bio's yellow arrow.
View attachment 269743

Although technically the opening pathway and Pooh's show building could be carved up in DL if they really want the berm attraction too.

Have we ruled out that the pink circle area won’t be the Star Wars hotel? I know across the drive has been talked about but maybe....

But the more I look at the model and examine, this (pink circle) is prime area.

And what is that green building anyone? Lose that and that berm could become expansion. Love how we are already taking about expansion. We know it is going to need it. Still think Toy Story needs one more small attraction too.

That's the spot I'm betting is the SWResort....

In this photo. It seems the berm end a lot earlier than it needs to. Between it and the Falcon building, there's a big gap. Now, it's obvious that there will be a service entry there. But the gap is much wider than it needs be...

Star-Wars-Land_Full_32231.jpg

The model, which is for Disneyland's version, doesn't have much there. In DL, it is just a border to ToonTown and a potential expansion pad.

And, of course, once they stop using this gap for construction equipment, they can close it up with rock work or building facades.

But, what if it was the entrance to the SW Resort. By sacrificing on small backstage building, they'd have roughly 2.1 acres to build. For comparison, the Swan uses just 1.3 acres for its footprint. The area would be the yellow polygon...

View attachment 264341

What's there now...

View attachment 264338

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Since we are doing some Sunday night drawing, I have a few questions...

Orange is connecting Toy to Stars, correct? No tunnel? Just wide open come on in? Or it looks like it might have a Arc de Triomphe kinda thing from the model.

Red berm could be future expansion maybe.
Green berm is long but not so wide.

I kinda feel if there was any chance of expansion on either berm, we would have seen something else than just fill dirt. Like structure to support trees when dirt is removed or something. Just spit balling.

So purple back road goes bye bye? Cause orange path clearly cuts it off. View attachment 269744

The green blob is 1.3 - 1.6 acres, depending if you stay in the berm or take over some backstage area. The red blob is just under an acre.

For comparison, the three tracks of TSMM is 1.5 acres.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Have we ruled out that the pink circle area won’t be the Star Wars hotel? I know across the drive has been talked about but maybe....

But the more I look at the model and examine, this (pink circle) is prime area.

And what is that green building anyone? Lose that and that berm could become expansion. Love how we are already taking about expansion. We know it is going to need it. Still think Toy Story needs one more small attraction too.

I would think they would want to hold onto that area for park expansion. There is plenty of room beyond the current entrance road that would be suitable for a hotel.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Dare I say it...Monster Inc??? Could you actually fit Monsters Inc with town and university down by RocknRoller Coaster and where courtyard is and then something else? This is what I have been saying that the arch that leads you to Animation Courtyard would be Pixar Studios or the start for the Pixar area of the park connecting sunset blvd.

I think that most if not all of the building can go away back there. Employee parking is being built across the parkway there so...

maleficentfan

RCR is far superior to TT. Same ride system but a completely different ride. I hope to God they build it.

I've been on both and I completely agree. RCR is a completely different ride experience than TT. TT is fun because you really feel like you're being taken through the paces of car test. RCR (and Cars Land in general) is just such an immersive experience. I really felt like I was in the movie.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Dare I say it...Monster Inc??? Could you actually fit Monsters Inc with town and university down by RocknRoller Coaster and where courtyard is and then something else? This is what I have been saying that the arch that leads you to Animation Courtyard would be Pixar Studios or the start for the Pixar area of the park connecting sunset blvd.

I think that most if not all of the building can go away back there. Employee parking is being built across the parkway there so...

Sure, a Monsters Inc full or mini-land can be put into DHS. There's even an internal proposal. BUT... according to insiders... that proposal is currently off the table, as is any "next phase" for DHS. There's talk of a new E-Ticket, but everything else is blue-sky white-boarding without a budget and no where near a green light for now.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sure, a Monsters Inc full or mini-land can be put into DHS. There's even an internal proposal. BUT... according to insiders... that proposal is currently off the table, as is any "next phase" for DHS. There's talk of a new E-Ticket, but everything else is blue-sky white-boarding without a budget and no where near a green light for now.
A new E-Ticket would be good, but DHS could use more C/D tickets....

Goofyernmost

Please no radiator springs. Wasn't that pretty much a clone of test track? I don't want it coming back to WDW in another form.
The ride vehicle technology is basically the same, but, that is where the similarity ends. Do you not ride on SSE because HM uses omni-movers too? You needn't worry though, Radiator unfortunately is not going to be coming to WDW.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist

Wonderful info!

Can you speak about the fate of the Animation Courtyard area after SGE opens? Is this where the next E attraction goes? Or are we still talking Indy in a boat?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Wonderful info!

Can you speak about the fate of the Animation Courtyard area after SGE opens? Is this where the next E attraction goes? Or are we still talking Indy in a boat?

I think it's Pirates of the Indianas if it comes about. No idea where it's going.

Everyone says WDW will definitely close down Star Tours and Launch Bay after SWL opens, but, no one has hard dates or any idea of what WDW is going to do with those spaces. And we all know how long WDW can take coming to a decision... And with huge crowds, they're not going to close anything unless a new greenlit project is ready to immediately go in its place.

No Name

Test Track and Radiator Springs both revolve around the car itself and both have similar pacing. Doesn't mean they can't coexist, but the omnimover rebuttals don't work. JttCotE and Test Track aren't similar beyond the ride system. RSR and Test Track certainly are.

Goofyernmost

Test Track and Radiator Springs both revolve around the car itself and both have similar pacing. Doesn't mean they can't coexist, but the omnimover rebuttals don't work. JttCotE and Test Track aren't similar beyond the ride system. RSR and Test Track certainly are.
Seriously, the backstory, the scenery, the detail, the race factor against another vehicle, bogus as it is. is something that you see as the same thing. The animatronics connected with it aren't even a hint in TT. The only thing similar is that you are sitting in a car just like you are sitting in an omni vehicle. It isn't the ride it is the show. Anyone can ride around on a bland, blank track and be just a ride. RSR is a story that uses a car. TT had more of a story in it's original form then it does now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom