Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Not any more confusing than having 2 Toy Story themed shooting rides in 2 different parks

I don’t really see them as interfering with each other. Being in two parks helps and being called two completely different names does as well. Put yourself in the guest shoes...

Guest - “Where is the Star Wars ride?”
CM - “Which one?”
Guest - “The flying one”
CM - “Which one?”

Guest - “Where can I meet Kylo Ren”
CM - “Right over there” pointing in the the Launch Bay direction
Guest - “Is that Star Wars land?”
CM - “No that’s over there”

Timothy_Q

I don’t really see them as interfering with each other. Being in two parks helps and being called two completely different names does as well. Put yourself in the guest shoes...

Guest - “Where is the Star Wars ride?”
CM - “Which one?”
Guest - “The flying one”
CM - “Which one?”

Guest - “Where can I meet Kylo Ren”
CM - “Right over there” pointing in the the Launch Bay direction
Guest - “Is that Star Wars land?”
CM - “No that’s over there”
Seems pretty unlikely anyone will mix these 2 up

00000000.jpg
000000.JPG

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Seems pretty unlikely anyone will mix these 2 up

I wager a bet, that you have never worked in the Hospitality industry. Having worked in it for 22 years in Vegas, Disney, Restaurants, and Hotels, I can assure you they will.

“What time is the 3 o’clock parade?” These are the real questions you get. When in Vegas I had numerous people ask if I lived in the hotel or if we had things like grocery stores in Vegas.

When people go on vacations, they check their brain in their luggage. Yes, what your pictures show are to different looking places that for 50% of first time guest won’t know where to go for what.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I’d imagine it depends on what are Disneys plans for animation courtyard. Like Star Tours, it wouldn’t surprise me if launch bay stays open for the first year to help spread the crowds a bit.

It was never meant to be an attraction that stays

I would agree it stays but probably will change in some way ASAP. Just curious if there are whispers out there in rumorville....

BrianLo

While I believe the drone footage to be perhaps shot about 4 weeks ago in Disneyland, there are multiple legitimate village elements at DHS that are now ahead of DL in the construction cycle.

Ride and facade elements are behind on the typical 3 odd month timeframe still (probably the things that will actually be last to wrap up). Still, very interesting!

Tavernacle12

One of the berms between TSL and SWGE looks large enough to hold a small ride if they'd wanted to put one there.

As for Launch Bay, unless they have something else to put there, I assume the meet and greets will be switched up depending on who winds up at GE (if Kylo and Chewie are meetable, for instance, imagine Vader and Leia showing up at Launch Bay). The actual exhibits and theoretically the sorts of souvenirs there won't be identical to those at GE, so there is little overlap. They could even try to tie it in with 'movie-making' as a theme. That's not to say I want Launch Bay to survive, but I'd rather it be open than the whole area shuttered, and I've not seen anyone on here suggest an alternative.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
One of the berms between TSL and SWGE looks large enough to hold a small ride if they'd wanted to put one there.

As for Launch Bay, unless they have something else to put there, I assume the meet and greets will be switched up depending on who winds up at GE (if Kylo and Chewie are meetable, for instance, imagine Vader and Leia showing up at Launch Bay). The actual exhibits and theoretically the sorts of souvenirs there won't be identical to those at GE, so there is little overlap. They could even try to tie it in with 'movie-making' as a theme. That's not to say I want Launch Bay to survive, but I'd rather it be open than the whole area shuttered, and I've not seen anyone on here suggest an alternative.

Marvel Meet & Greet in place of Launch Bay.

Last edited:

sedati

This is the main area that will be laid out significantly different to DL.

Yes, and here is my best effort in showing that difference (one that has been argued back and forth and I believe Mr Penguin has already explained many times.) Nonetheless, here is my own attempt at visualizing this as clearly as possible using a collection of Nearmap images. I apologize if this has been done elsewhere, but I haven't seen it portrayed like this.

Here's Disneyland:
Disneyland.jpg

Here's DHS (this is actually several images stitched together, but I was able to align things pretty well:
DHS.jpg

Now here's DHS with an overlay of the differences from Disneyland.
Green is berm.
Purple is where the covered queue begins and the first enclosed room.
DHS Overlay.jpg

Disneyland with the same differences from DHS (red is the tunnel):
Disneyland Overlay.jpg

So we can see Disneyland has a longer approach while DHS is broader. I don't think either is really losing much, and we all enjoy the differences each park can offer even with cloned attractions/lands.

BrianLo

The berm has been designated as an expansion pad

I know the berm has been flagged. Purely my own speculation - if and when they expand I imagine it will be in this pink blob. Only because DL could carve up the same space with Toon Town and I think they'll copy and paste it into both. That's just my gut feeling.

Ignore Bio's yellow arrow.
DX5HuNNWAAAN-g8.jpg-large.jpeg

Although technically the opening pathway and Pooh's show building could be carved up in DL if they really want the berm attraction too.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I know the berm has been flagged. Purely my own speculation - if and when they expand I imagine it will be in this pink blob. Only because DL could carve up the same space with Toon Town and I think they'll copy and paste it into both. That's just my gut feeling.

Have we ruled out that the pink circle area won’t be the Star Wars hotel? I know across the drive has been talked about but maybe....

But the more I look at the model and examine, this (pink circle) is prime area.

And what is that green building anyone? Lose that and that berm could become expansion. Love how we are already taking about expansion. We know it is going to need it. Still think Toy Story needs one more small attraction too.

Last edited:

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Since we are doing some Sunday night drawing, I have a few questions...

Orange is connecting Toy to Stars, correct? No tunnel? Just wide open come on in? Or it looks like it might have a Arc de Triomphe kinda thing from the model.

Red berm could be future expansion maybe.
Green berm is long but not so wide.

I kinda feel if there was any chance of expansion on either berm, we would have seen something else than just fill dirt. Like structure to support trees when dirt is removed or something. Just spit balling.

So purple back road goes bye bye? Cause orange path clearly cuts it off.
5DDD2CD1-E160-4D47-B486-06F27667877C.png

Last edited:
I love the art but the more and more I look at aerials, the more wasted space and potential I see. I feel the studios theme could’ve been completely dropped & the California Adventure/ Disneyland Paris expansions could’ve rebranded DHS. Yes, there is room to add yet could’ve maximized; everything looks disconnected and messy. Although I’m excited, I’m just saying :(

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, and here is my best effort in showing that difference (one that has been argued back and forth and I believe Mr Penguin has already explained many times.) ...
So we can see Disneyland has a longer approach while DHS is broader.

Yep, that's what I've been saying! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom