Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

IveBeenJack

The exit is indeed the red arrow in your second photo. The unload Hall is in the curved roof structure.

The first photo Red Cross is a backstage roadway gate.

@marni1971 just wondering if you have any opinion on which area will most likely be the entrance to Battle Escape?

As I've been studying the construction of the building in depth, and piecing together patents for the ride system and the details we know about the attraction so far, I think it would make sense to enter through the Blue/White Spaceship. But when you drastically lift the shadows, you can see another entrance way to the left, which could also work.
EntranceToBattleEscape.jpg

Or on second thought, it might be that you exit this section and continue on to the Blue/White Ship.
IMG_4005#3.jpg

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 just wondering if you have any opinion on which area will most likely be the entrance to Battle Escape?

As I've been studying the construction of the building in depth, and piecing together patents for the ride system and the details we know about the attraction so far, I think it would make sense to enter through the Blue/White Spaceship. But when you drastically lift the shadows, you can see another entrance way to the left, which could also work.
View attachment 268475

Or on second thought, it might be that you exit this section and continue on to the Blue/White Ship.
View attachment 268478
Neither of these are the entrance. These are both part of the preshow / queue. But your white arrows are correct ;)

IveBeenJack

Neither of these are the entrance. These are both part of the preshow / queue. But your white arrows are correct ;)

Thanks for the response, on further inspection, I realised just how WRONG I was in that first image! Lol

I've scoured the web and can't find a good shot of the entrance to the attraction within the model... oh well 😆

Cheers Martin!

IveBeenJack

So this is just me theorising about the entrance area, as the exit path has been previously confirmed as in that basic area by @marni1971 back at the end of Jan.

But taking another look at Disney's released Fly-Through Video, it seems that this general area would make sense as the entrance to Battle Escape. But yet again we haven't got an amazing shot of it. So hard to tell :)
Queue Area.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So this is just me theorising about the entrance area, as the exit path has been previously confirmed as in that basic area by @marni1971 back at the end of Jan.

But taking another look at Disney's released Fly-Through Video, it seems that this general area would make sense as the entrance to Battle Escape. But yet again we haven't got an amazing shot of it. So hard to tell :)View attachment 268480
If that entrance above is next to the DHS grand avenue pathway then yes.

PizzaPlanet

View attachment 268475

View attachment 268478
Hasn't it been established that the preshow itself is some sort of ride or simulation? It would make sense if the blue ship is the entrance to that.

sedati

BrianLo

View attachment 268478

Correct, if this is helpful at all I scribbled all over this picture last summer to show where all the various guest flow heads (pink being the standby, turquoise a more direct FP line into the pre-shows, red the exit path and yellow just to represent the indoor switchbacks). The ride path exits anterior to the cylindrical structure, but there is a row of trees forcing guests back roughly towards the plaza.

36078083971_e9d4439ef9_o.jpg

(It's not perfect, but it goes indoors and outdoor and indoors again). Also I believe @marni1971 already mentioned how this is the mother of all queues.

The Resistance Turret is the actual ride marquee where guests are initially split into standby versus FP+/FP.

39936062334_50c6ee9bb4_o.jpg

Do keep in mind the model is representative of Disneyland and the way it is laid out in DHS is functionally the same, but the angle of entry is quite different in the extended queue.

Last edited:

sedati

A few differences from what Brian Lo drew above, here's my attempt at simplifying months of posts into a simple graphic:
Star-Wars-Land_Full_32044.jpg

Purple: exterior queue through woods leading to caves beneath waterfalls and into ruins where resistance base has been set up.
Orange: Two identical pre-show rooms exit past Poe's X-Wing and enter shuttle beneath outcropping.
Green: Simulated flight is intercepted by First Order and taken to orbiting Star Destroyer.
Blue: Disembark Shuttle into Star Destroyer hangar and load into droid driven transports. (Ride is everything to the right)
Red: Un-load and exit- possible post show elements.

Last edited:

sedati

1520315836245.png

I am curious about this area as photographed by Westcoaster. This is being used for a staging area and we've seen a lot of mechanical elements here before being moved inside. But there are an awful lot of openings on the backside of the building that I've marked as preshow/queue. I'm wondering if eventually this will become an additional exterior queue space. It is a pretty good chunk of land and exists both in the California and Florida layouts.

Brainleech419

A few differences from what Brian Lo drew above, here's my attempt at simplifying months of posts into a simple graphic:
View attachment 268582
Purple: exterior queue through woods leading to caves beneath waterfalls and into ruins where resistance base has been set up.
Orange: Two identical pre-show rooms exit past Poe's X-Wing and enter shuttle beneath outcropping.
Green: Simulated flight is intercepted by First Order and taken to orbiting Star Destroyer.
Blue: Disembark Shuttle into Star Destroyer hangar and load into droid driven transports. (Ride is everything to the right)
Red: Un-board and exit- possible post show elements.
this sounds so epic

sedati

Here's a nice high angle of the area of interest from the OCRegister:
0714_nws_ocr-l-d23swland-1513.jpg

No one seems to have taken a good image of the cylinder/wreck, but here you can see into it a bit. The exit path for Battle Escape is visible just to the right of that structure. The tunnel entrance to the land would be below the bottom center of this pic meaning the first thing we see is the A and X Wing ships (as I believe Martin said waaaaaay back.)

Last edited:

JediMasterMatt

Gotcha. I just know they have a different layout in that area, so I figured they wouldn't be exact replicas.

Yes, the queues are similar between the two; but, Florida's is configured differently since it's crammed up against the boundary of the land. Unlike Martin, I'm more familiar with DLR's since it's been in the works the longest; but, when the move to the LMA spot was made it caused the reconfiguration of the entrance to the Resistance side of the house.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Yes, the queues are similar between the two; but, Florida's is configured differently since it's crammed up against the boundary of the land. Unlike Martin, I'm more familiar with DLR's since it's been in the works the longest; but, when the move to the LMA spot was made it caused the reconfiguration of the entrance to the Resistance side of the house.
I'm a DLR guy also, but I just noticed that the poster asking Martin questions was also using DL photos as his reference in the DHS' thread. Just trying to stop the spread of misinformation.

To be quite honest though, I think its pretty funny that people are making such a big deal about where the entrance is...as if knowing "before" the land opens will earn you some extra galactic credits.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom