Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please tell me Disneyland's is the altered version due to space? DHS has so much more room....

It's more 'shape' than 'space', which does impact 'space.' DL's SWL is more oblong, so there's more space at the 'end' of the land for the queue. DHS's SWL is more spherical with more space in the middle, which is far from the queue entrance, so DHS's queue needs to be... adjusted.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Without trying to read 600+ pages, what's the current consensus on an opening date? I know California is coming before Florida but both are expected in 2019. Would September 2019 be considered "safe" or "dubious" at this point?

TiggerDad

Without trying to read 600+ pages, what's the current consensus on an opening date? I know California is coming before Florida but both are expected in 2019. Would September 2019 be considered "safe" or "dubious" at this point?
I think it's "safe" to say that if it is open by September 2019 you would be trampled by the crowds by going then. I would call it "dubious" to expect a guaranteed date this early. That being said, I think September is as good of a guess as any, but we don't know their rollout plans. Will there be soft opens for APs like Pandora? Will you need a separate ticked for timed entry into the SW Land? I don't see how capacity will be able to accommodate the number of people who will want to be there. Guests would not be happy with waiting in line 6 hours just to get into the land, and maybe not being able to get in at all. What if you are still in line when your FP time comes and goes?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
9/19 for swge in fl would be dubious
I think it's "safe" to say that if it is open by September 2019 you would be trampled by the crowds by going then. I would call it "dubious" to expect a guaranteed date this early. That being said, I think September is as good of a guess as any, but we don't know their rollout plans. Will there be soft opens for APs like Pandora? Will you need a separate ticked for timed entry into the SW Land? I don't see how capacity will be able to accommodate the number of people who will want to be there. Guests would not be happy with waiting in line 6 hours just to get into the land, and maybe not being able to get in at all. What if you are still in line when your FP time comes and goes?
Okay I'm convinced. I go every year anyways so it's not a major deal for us, by my sister and her husband want to come with us next time. He's only interested if Star Wars is open so I'll tell them 2020.

discos

Photo update as of Monday, January 22, 2018. Within the last two weeks, a forest of trees has been planted along the top of the berm between Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land. Photos below taken from the end of Pixar Place.

View attachment 258614

A view looking behind the building of Toy Story Mania.

View attachment 258613
So does this mean after Toy Story Land opens we could still see the area known as Pixar Place open for guest traffic, or will it for sure be closed off?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I imagine some within TWDC will want SW:GE open by the end of September 2019.

This is only a guess on my part - There will be a limited number of non-FP guests allowed to queue up for the ride for at least the first few months. I don't know how that would handled, but it won't be well-received, obviously. As has been said, there's going to be a ton of people wanting to ride these two rides. With that crush of people wanting to ride, it could easily result in lines that make FoP and NRJ wait times seem short by comparison. Throw in some unexpected downtime along with the expected huge lines and DHS Guest Services may be a very busy place well into 2020. :(

Makes ya wonder why they didn't just bite the bullet ( :greedy: ) and build a third ride, doesn't it?

MrHappy

For the sake of scale, I highlighted the peoples...

64wTDCI.jpg
alot of sitting around. lets get to work fellas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom