Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

This is what I’m thinking ...... it’s higher capacity and continuously moving ( well...sort of. Continuously showing is a better term.)

I gotta wonder, did the germ of this idea start when Disneyland's Tomorrowland was going to be given a Star Wars makeover, and were the imagineers thinking of ways to leverage the carousel theater?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another fresh batch of aerials are up at:
http://orlparkpass.com/2018/01/photos-star-wars-land-helicopter-construction-update/

Take note of how many trees they've already planted along the berm.

For the sake of scale, I highlighted the peoples...

64wTDCI.jpg

kthomas105

Based on the progress at DHS and comparing it to the progress in DL it looks like the FL entrance (entrance #3 in red circle) will be the missing entrance for DHS has anyone else been able to come to the same conclusion? Here are the aerials from each coast and the model for comparison. I'm Curious if the building marked C (in the yellow circle) will be different in the DHS version since it appears it will not serve as an entrance to the area.
SWLGE DL edit for post.jpg
SWLGE DHS edit for post.jpg
Fantasyland entrance SWLGE 3 edit.jpg

Images are not my own, If that is an issue let me know.

TP2000

Based on the progress at DHS and comparing it to the progress in DL it looks like the FL entrance (entrance #3 in red circle) will be the missing entrance for DHS has anyone else been able to come to the same conclusion? Here are the aerials from each coast and the model for comparison. I'm Curious if the building marked C (in the yellow circle) will be different in the DHS version since it appears it will not serve as an entrance to the area.
View attachment 258678View attachment 258679View attachment 258680
Images are not my own, If that is an issue let me know.

Very interesting summary there, thank you for compiling it! I had been seeing the same types of differences in the various aerial photos. It appears there are going to be some not insignificant differences in both land use and buildings between the coasts, aside from the third entry portal at Disneyland.

I think it’s most telling they chose the Disneyland version to display at D23 Expo.

TiggerDad

Very interesting summary there, thank you for compiling it! I had been seeing the same types of differences in the various aerial photos. It appears there are going to be some not insignificant differences in both land use and buildings between the coasts, aside from the third entry portal at Disneyland.

I think it’s most telling they chose the Disneyland version to display at D23 Expo.
The D23 Expo that took place across the street from Disneyland? You would have expected them to display the model from the second park that is opening second and is 3,000 miles away?

Mike S

Paging @marni1971, please finally state that other than the entrances there really won’t be any major differences between coasts. I’m getting tired of repeating myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom