Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

The Toy Story Entrance is fairly well defined, and I don't think it's going to be a tunnel. (*EDIT* Martin thinks there will be(*EDIT#2 Martin says there won't.))
Look to the top left of center of this image cropped from Bioreconstruct's most recent aerials:
1516040066955.png

You can see that much like the other entrance, there is a zig-zag that prevents a straight view into the land.

I believe this will match closely with the Frontierland entrance over in California and we will enter from the bottom right of this model pic taken from Slashfilm:
IMG_3966-e1500016527376.jpg

Last edited:

sedati

Sorry to inundate you guys, but while finding pics for my last post I found this great image at disneytouristblog:
1516041641782.png

I brightened it so you could see two openings which I've labeled and I believe correspond to these openings taken from another of Bioreconstruct's shots:
1516043788260.png

Now to speculate and build on what's been guessed at before. Two big openings to me imply that on the other side of that wall are two identical preshows/ briefing rooms, one opening up as the other is in progress. We'd enter the blue shuttle, and the door would close once filled. The space that we've entered is acually a moving box with mild simulator capabilities. From inside the shuttle appears to take off, only to be captured by the first order and taken to an orbiting star destroyer. What is actually happening is the box we've entered sits inside the odd circular structure that we've seen constructed that also links directly to the big hangar setpiece. The shell of the shuttle hides the structure from view. Once the door closes, the box moves along that circle until it aligns with the First Order Hangar. This would work if we enter and exit from the same side. When emptied, the box would continue rotating within the circular structure until if sits back within the shuttle (possibly while another is making the rotation.) Still a lot of guesswork, but this is what I find fun.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The Toy Story Entrance is fairly well defined, and I don't think it's going to be a tunnel.
Look to the top left of center of this image cropped from Bioreconstruct's most recent aerials:
View attachment 256590

You can see that much like the other entrance, there is a zig-zag that prevents a straight view into the land.

I believe this will match closely with the Frontierland entrance over in California and we will enter from the bottom right of this model pic taken from Slashfilm:
View attachment 256611

I call "fake news" on that bottom picture. Not a single mock-up guest is holding a shopping bag. :hilarious:

On a serious note, nice work on investigating the various pictures and models and putting together where things are going!

lukacseven

Sorry to inundate you guys, but while finding pics for my last post I found this great image at disneytouristblog:

Now to speculate and build on what's been guessed at before. Two big openings to me imply that on the other side of that wall are two identical preshows/ briefing rooms, on opening up as the other is in progress. We'd enter the blue shuttle, and the door would close once filled. The space that we've entered is acually a moving box with mild simulator capabilities. From inside the shuttle appears to take off, only to be captured by the first order and taken to an orbiting star destroyer. What is actually happening is the box we've entered sits inside the odd circular structure that we've seen constructed that also links directly to the big hangar setpiece. The shell of the shuttle hides the structure from view. Once the door closes, the box moves along that circle until it aligns with the First Order Hangar. This would work if we enter and exit from the same side. When emptied, the box would continue rotating within the circular structure until if sits back within the shuttle (possibly while another is making the rotation.) Still a lot of guesswork, but this is what I find f

I was thinking restrooms - sort of off to the side - no large, pronounced signage - 2 identical openings. So, I guess 'thronerooms' is accurate.

britain

View attachment 256594

I brightened it so you could see two openings which I've labeled and I believe correspond to these openings taken from another of Bioreconstruct's shots:
View attachment 256613

Now to speculate and build on what's been guessed at before. Two big openings to me imply that on the other side of that wall are two identical preshows/ briefing rooms, on opening up as the other is in progress. We'd enter the blue shuttle, and the door would close once filled. The space that we've entered is acually a moving box with mild simulator capabilities. From inside the shuttle appears to take off, only to be captured by the first order and taken to an orbiting star destroyer. What is actually happening is the box we've entered sits inside the odd circular structure that we've seen constructed that also links directly to the big hangar setpiece. The shell of the shuttle hides the structure from view. Once the door closes, the box moves along that circle until it aligns with the First Order Hangar. This would work if we enter and exit from the same side. When emptied, the box would continue rotating within the circular structure until if sits back within the shuttle (possibly while another is making the rotation.) Still a lot of guesswork, but this is what I find f

I suspect you are right! The general wall shapes fit your hypothesis:

1516118647230.png

rsm

There better be toilets specifically sized to accommodate Hutts or else someone is going to call BS. Or... rather... BF.

hobovampire

This is so fun! The aerials, the numbers, I never got to do this for Pandora. I'm having a grand time!
also, it took my dumb self too long to figure out what a berm was and where it exactly was. ((thought that was a weirdly huge flat piece of road because listen, I don't usually see this stuff.)
So. For berms, will they plant trees on it or leave it flat?

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
This may have been answered a long time ago, but there's a lot of pages here, so hopefully someone can just enlighten me: Is there any truth to the rumor that Star Tours will have a tunnel into Galaxy's Edge?

Haymarket2008

This may have been answered a long time ago, but there's a lot of pages here, so hopefully someone can just enlighten me: Is there any truth to the rumor that Star Tours will have a tunnel into Galaxy's Edge?

Someone mentioned that there is an option to connect Star Tours to Galaxy’s Edge, but did specify that it isn’t likely to happen. Things could have changed since then.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not sure if it’s canon anymore, but in the extended universe, bathrooms were called refreshers.
It was used in Rebels, so, it's canon.

This is so fun! The aerials, the numbers, I never got to do this for Pandora. I'm having a grand time!
also, it took my dumb self too long to figure out what a berm was and where it exactly was. ((thought that was a weirdly huge flat piece of road because listen, I don't usually see this stuff.)
So. For berms, will they plant trees on it or leave it flat?

Plant trees on them... if they're not covered in fake spires of rock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom