Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Eckert

If this land is cannon, when does it take place?
If this takes place after Episode 8, there are going to be a lot of main characters that missing from the land.I’m having a hard time picturing a Star Wars land without Luke or Han, even if Luke appears as a force ghost in either of the attractions

Spoilered response:
Galaxy's Edge clearly takes place in the new trilogy, where even in Episode 8 Luke is never seen/leaves the island planet, so I didn't think there would've been an opportunity to see him on Batuu or on a First Order spaceship. I'm not expecting to see any of the Force users apart from Kylo, honestly. Didn't they say somewhere Hondo, a Star Wars TV show character, would be involved in the Millenium Falcon ride? I'm only expecting to see him and Chewbacca.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A look at the entrance to Galaxy's Edge at the end of Grand Avenue. The slogan "Live Your Adventure" is interesting, definitely focusing on that idea that there will be a lot of personal interaction in the land.

upload_2017-12-17_8-27-9-png.250754

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yep :)

Though technically that’s California ;)

Wait, I though both coasts were called Delos collectively. There were DHS permits for a Project D... wasn't that Delos?

There was a permit filed today for Project D -Site work and Site Utilities Installation with an address of 375 Cypress Lane. The general contractor is Whiting-Turner but the permit also lists a bunch of other contractors covering all the major construction trades. 375 is an address used for the Hyperion Theater (formally American Idol), but it could just be something in that area. I have heard the code name Delos used in connection with Star Wars Land so this might be the first actual construction permit for the land.

Expiration Date: 9/26/2019.

Even the imagineer referred to the DHS land as 'Delos' in the video.

No Name

I love Doug Chiang and Robin (last name?). Chris Beatty is crawling his way out of hell. ;)

They did a solid job explaining how details help tell a story, but they didn't say anything about why they're choosing to tell the story they're telling. How does this story relate to anything outside of the tunnels? For example, Pandora is not about rising to fame among the Na'vi, and Cars Land is not about racing in the Indy 500, because that would not fit their respective parks and wouldn't strengthen the overall experience. Could we get any answer for Toy Story Land and Grand Avenue too, especially since they were designed specifically for DHS? Or is there absolutely no answer? I'm curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom