Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

britain

There is no concrete information on where the hotel will be, but if I had to guess I would say somewhere in this area. As you suggest, if the entrance is complete removed they could use the land directly behind SWL, but even a small hotel would need more space then that.

View attachment 226761

You're talking about a small 'traditional' hotel. This one needn't have any windows to the outside world. It could be built right up against the back of the battle escape building.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You're talking about a small 'traditional' hotel. This one needn't have any windows to the outside world. It could be built right up against the back of the battle escape building.

Yes, which would put it in the area I marked. I was referring to the small triangle of land between World Drive and the current entrance road. That alone would not be big enough. Putting it behind battle escape would be a good idea because it could share parking with the rest of the park.

jt04

Yes, which would put it in the area I marked. I was referring to the small triangle of land between World Drive and the current entrance road. That alone would not be big enough. Putting it behind battle escape would be a good idea because it could share parking with the rest of the park.

I think it could also be connected to costuming. The hotel building easily providing a LA skyline forced perspective backdrop for grand ave..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The entrance road will be dead space once the new entrance is built.

Service roads can be moved so as to go around the new building, thus defining a new perimeter. Or, an overpass walkway can go over the service road.

This is why I don't discount the triangle, or part of it, as usable.

But, AFAIK, no definite site has been proposed or rumored.

deWild

The entrance road will be dead space once the new entrance is built.

Service roads can be moved so as to go around the new building, thus defining a new perimeter. Or, an overpass walkway can go over the service road.

This is why I don't discount the triangle, or part of it, as usable.

But, AFAIK, no definite site has been proposed or rumored.

Forgive me if it’s obvious, but what triangle do you refer to as usable? I’m assuming it’s right around the blue circle that danlb_2000 posted?

As for the dead space after the new entrance is opened, does anyone know if there are plans to scrap the entrance off World Drive? Seems like having three gates (one for buses off Buena Vista Dr., one for guests off Osceola Pkwy., and the original off World Dr.) would be a tad unnecessary.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Forgive me if it’s obvious, but what triangle do you refer to as usable? I’m assuming it’s right around the blue circle that danlb_2000 posted?

As for the dead space after the new entrance is opened, does anyone know if there are plans to scrap the entrance off World Drive? Seems like having three gates (one for buses off Buena Vista Dr., one for guests off Osceola Pkwy., and the original off World Dr.) would be a tad unnecessary.

I have seen a document that says the current entrance from World Drive will be removed.

deWild

I have seen a document that says the current entrance from World Drive will be removed.

Nice! Thanks for the confirmation. You must watch those permits like a hawk! I wonder now, with the entrance and road from World Drive being removed in the future, could the park expand all the way to Osceola Parkway? Google Maps shows quite a bit of room there, but SWL and the new parking lots look like they might block this theory from coming to fruition.

motox7

So with the laying off of the Previous EP. 9 director, and J.J. now on to direct ep. 9, it looks like Disney has now pushed the date of its release back to the typical December period that all the films have been following, in 2019. It was slated to release in May 2019, which would have put it right after or before SW:GE opening up out in Anaheim. I know this was not fully a coincidence that they were going to be both being open to the public at the same time. I wonder what this could mean as far as Anaheims opening up now. I have to imagine nothing will change, but at the same time I wonder if any key plot points were built into the stories of the attractions or land itself. Will be interesting to see how this all works out and if anything is affected by this change in release date.

rioriz

Walked down the entrance to DHS trying to snap pics but got called out by a CM quickly so this pic of Alcatraz was all that came out
20170912_121759.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please don't pull a Kylo and shove a light saber through me but why dose everyone keep calling it Alcatraz?

Before the general type of attraction was announced (and even before SWL was announced), Disney used (and still uses) code names for projects. The code name for the SWLs was "Delos," the company name from West World. And the code name for the battle starship escape attraction is "Alcatraz." And the code name for the Millenium Falcon ride is "Big Bird."

The code name for TSL is "Ascot," a reference to Barbie's Ken's ascot. The code name for the new Mickey ride is "M" for "Marcelline." The code name for the gondolas is "TIJ" for The Italian Job."

The code name for the new GotG ride is "S", but, insiders haven't spilled what that stands for yet. As you can see, the code names and letters aren't always obvious, otherwise, it wouldn't be a very good code. :)

Jason Lake

WOW, thanks so much I had no idea they did this and I actually love it. Its pretty much the same thing they do with upcoming movies.

For the GotG ride could the "S" stand for Star-Lord or is that to obvious...

TP2000

The code name for the new GotG ride is "S", but, insiders haven't spilled what that stands for yet. As you can see, the code names and letters aren't always obvious, otherwise, it wouldn't be a very good code. :)

For the GotG ride could the "S" stand for Star-Lord or is that to obvious...

Much too obvious.

The WDI code name for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission - BREAKOUT! at DCA was "Slammer". As in breaking out of the slammer, which is the whole plot of DCA's Guardians ride.

If the Epcot version of Guardians has a code name that starts with "S", then it seems likely that code name is also Slammer. And that may give us a clue that the Epcot version will be much like the DCA version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom